Cashel
Dago
Rune
27 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Evergreen Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Evergreen Forest

Post by Cashel August 1st 2012, 1:36 pm

Apache's ear pricked upwards at the sound of a howl for his alpha female, Linnëa. The young scout was not that far off from the pack den where he had just seen her so he figured he would do her a favor and take care of this himself. He barked out, "Don't worry, Linnëa, I got it." Stretched out his paws and legs now, he prepared himself for the run. Apache arched his back and stayed in this postion for a few moments before darting off in the general direction the howl had come from. Coming to a sudden hault, Apache looked, seeing two females. "What happened?" he asked quickly with pants esacping his mawls. Seeing the one female had an injuryed hind leg made him sigh. "I am not a threat. I am here to help you. Both of you." The male couldn't even think about introducing himself to these wolves, it was not the time for such a thing. His grey orbs shifted towards the darker wolf, "We have to divide her weight onto our shoulders. I can probably handle more weight then yourself. While we take her to the pack, you both can start to explain what happened." Apache said to them.
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

http://www.silentstormpack.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon August 1st 2012, 5:18 pm

Cinnamon loped along easily, listening to Gliron's paws as he ran just behind her. She could tell, somehow, that he was used to running for long periods, able to cover the ground and still have energy to spare.
He'd thrown the challenge back, yet also seemed to have taken it up, she would be caught when he chose to catch her.

Testing him she picked up her pace to match her fluttering heart, weaving through the trees like a shadow. Then, as she ran through a shaft of sunlight that made every hair of her coat glimmer, she turned her head, quite deliberately, and gave him a dancing smile.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex August 1st 2012, 5:25 pm

She nodded looking at te ground . She got her side, struggling from the weight "aggggghhhh......." she mutters. She trudged slowly. She wasn't really able to hold much weight. She helped the other wolf towards the den, wincing with every step. She layed the wolf down wincing her shoulder was shot with pain . She whimpers putting her side of the wolf back on he shoulder. Setting her down in the shade. She stumbled off in the shadows.
Alex
Alex
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago August 1st 2012, 6:57 pm

As the female turned her head, mirthful smile on her face, it slowed her ever so slightly, as if inviting him to close in. Their pace had quickened, but it was still not a full sprint, and Dago had plenty of speed in those gangly limbs of his. With a playful, teasing snap of his jaws at the thin air near her left shoulder, Dago ran at her side, his sudden bound forward perhaps unexpected. He had saved that burst of energy for such a maneuver.

Staying low, he bounced a short distance ahead of her, dropping immediately into a play bow. Cinnamon had but a few options now. She could perhaps skip around to his right hand side, as a tree to his left would block her way, and continue the chase in an altered direction. Perhaps if she had such strength in her limbs, she could leapfrog over the male, although there was no way to say whether or not Dago would catch her midair by quickly bouncing to his fullest height, bringing both of them down together. Finally, she could face him straight on, either stopping before him, or tackling him and sending them both into a rolling tumble. Their speed was no so that it would hurt either of them to do so, and Dago seemed ready for any impact, ensuring a controlled collision rather than a chaotic mess of fur and flesh.
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena August 1st 2012, 7:41 pm

“Still your favorite season, or did winter win the competition?”

Adena's smile spread across her face. She was surprised that Crimson had remembered that conversation they had had previously. "I favour spring at the moment," she replied, and lowered her gaze to meet his, which was now on her. She got no chance to ask him if he still preferred winter, as he had told her, before Saphera approached and requested to join the pack, addressing Crimson. Adena watched silently as Saphera submitted. It was something Adena herself would not do, not for anyone - for the sake of her pride. But this action of submission led the red female to believe that she was indeed no threat to them. She watched Crimson's reaction to the dark-furred loner, but was distracted by yet another strange voice.

"Greetings. I am Skye and I have a desire to join your pack for being alone is a horrible thing for a wolf who is used to being among others. I am a Himalayan wolf who is new to these lands and I will not lie, I did not know of your existence until a few short minutes before."

Adena inadvertently felt an immediate dislikinng for this male. He disregarded any other being except Crimson. She concluded that it was because they weren't of any importance to him. Her lip curled disdainfully. If he wished to be a part of the pack and be 'among others' as he stated, he would have to interact with the rest of them at some stage; not just Crimson or Linnëa. She noted details about him: his sandy-brown fur and dark amber eyes. He was larger than Adena, but smaller than Crimson. Crimson accepted both Skye and Saphera without much hesitation. Then the female spoke. The tone of her voice made Adena's eyes narrow warily.

"Really that sounds absolutely wonderful I will be very willing to do whatever your pack needs."

Her neutral demeanour towards this new female ceased in an instant as she frowned at Saphera, her blue eyes sceptical. She was wary of this female's reaction. A moment ago she had been in a submissive stance, and now it was clear that she was feigning a smile. Adena simply glanced at her cautiously before looking away, and as she did, she saw a khaki female making their way towards them with three fish dangling from her jaws. She dropped her catch in front of Crimson before sitting on the other side of him.

"I brought lunch. The rivers are plentiful with these, I'm sorry I did not bring more, there are only so many one can carry."

"Not at all," she confirmed softly to Linnëa. Adena had come to see the other female as a friend. The red female knew that she was trustworthy, despite knowing that she could have brought more fish. But Adena didn't mind that Linnëa hadn't brought fish for her; she would find something to eat later herself. She sensed that Linnëa wished to speak with Crimson. Adena rose swiftly to her feet. She padded away a few steps away before settling down again. She lay down, her slender muzzle rested on her cream forelegs. Her silver-blue eyes fluttered shut.

Last edited by Adena on August 2nd 2012, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran August 2nd 2012, 1:10 am

As the sound of Linnëa’s footsteps faded into the underbrush, Pinion returned his attention to the rippling surface of the creek. By watching the Alphess, he recalled the spot where the largest fish lay. As a hunter, the male excelled at land chase. The rough ground littered with small stones and cracks gave purchase as he chased down his prey. It was as though the world was made for the thrill of the hunt. But fishing was another story entirely. The murky depths of lakes and wide rivers were alive with the unknown. While small creek beds provided easy meals, one had to dig through tiny stones and pebbles just to find it.

Crossing the thin stretch of sand along the stream, Pinion waded into the deepest area until he reached where Linnëa had been rewarded. His claws gripping the sand and stones below, Pinion’s eyes trailed along the creek bed until he spotted several dark silhouettes. The hunter’s muscles tensed as every inch of his body became still. The fish, presumably unaware of the looming threat, began to dart about between Pinion’s paws. There were four of them, each reaching lengths of about eleven inches. And each of them would satiate one wolf’s hunger.

Pinion struck the water without hesitation as his silver lined prey came within inches of his maw. However, the male hadn’t counted for his own disadvantage in the water. It had slowed him down, and the consequence was losing the element of surprise without anything to show for it. Again and again he pierced the surface of the creek, only to become less patient and more irate.

Frustrated and with growing appetence, Pinion opened his jaw wide and lowered it into the water. Careful not to shift from his position, the male waited. Luckily, thought was not on the fish’s side as it swam merely inches from Pinion’s maw. This time, he was ready. And with a short snap, the hunter was awarded with a large meal.

Swinging the fish by the tail, Pinion laid his prize beneath a rough bush before returning to the water. Performing his routine again, he claimed three others before clawing up the mud onto the forest floor. Gripping the four fish by the tails, Pinion left the creek behind and onto the path cut through the low hanging evergreens. By his way of travel, it was likely he would run into another member of the pack soon.

(Eh..)
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 2nd 2012, 12:47 pm

Saphera looked behind her to see what must be the other alpha offering fish to Crimson. She backed away a little getting more frightened than she usually was "Both alphas oh great!" she thought. She looked at other alpha that just appeared and made her best submissive position. Again, this was not her best she wasn't used to bowing and showing submission. In her old pack they just taught her that putting your tail in between your legs was only what a coward would do. They also told her using the submissive pose was just you giving yourself to the alpha and giving them an open shot at you basically. She made her best smile again still not the happiest of wolves at this moment.

Last edited by Saphera<3spie on August 2nd 2012, 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon August 2nd 2012, 1:44 pm

Cinnamon skipped sideways in surprise as Gliron bounded level with her and snapped at her shoulder. She knew it was play, but still found his move unnerving. Shaken, buying time to steady her thoughts she propped her front legs and came to a halt on the path.

Gliron had continued a short distance, then faced her and dropped into a playbow. It was such an innocent copy of what she'd done back in the clearing that she grinned, attemting to distract him by working out her course of action.

There was a narrow gap on one side that she could slip through, but other than that she was penned fair and square, save jumping him. Slowly she paced back and forth across the track, tiliting her head from side as she considered. Then she made her move.

As fast as her paws could go she made for the gap at his side. But had he looked closely he would have noticed a twinkle in her eyes. Then, when she was sure she couldn't misjudge, she jumped upward

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 2nd 2012, 4:15 pm

The male wolf trotted across the deep foliage, scents of prey, insects and mud filled the brute’s nostrils as he walked by. Sintact knew he was entering a wolf pack’s territory but he wasn’t afraid. He had lived as a dispersal wolf for too long now and another risk didn’t mean a threat to him. The massive male suddenly stopped his pace as he took some time to scent the air, slightly raising his head up and firmly placing his paws upon the ground. A low growl built in his throat but just was a mere instinctive reflex of someone or something approaching, but he was wrong.

Sintact tilted his head and sniffed the mud that covered his paws, he caught another odor, but couldn’t tell from who.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 2nd 2012, 4:26 pm

She could only hold herself up for seconds hopping down with the wolf's support. Then being slipped into the shade of the tree and bushes. Her pelt beamed in the twinkling light that forbid the wall of dark green thin shields. Panting she layed her head on her paws and focused her pounding head until she was able to speak. Opening her maw slightly "Thank you, for helping me down…" the awkward silence pierced her ears. She then again slid her left hind leg out each inch pain traveling through her body. She sucked in and gave a big exhale once it was stretched out. Looking at her ankle she frowned at the thought of not being able to move hunt or fight easily for quite some time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago August 2nd 2012, 7:23 pm

Dago was momentarily unsure of himself when Cinnamon faltered and skidded to a halt. Her grin, however, reassured him. Tongue lolling from his mouth, he hadn't realized how winded he'd become in the chase as she quickly decided what to do next. Perhaps he was getting too old for this. However, he was by no means an old wolf, merely one who'd matured emotionally years in a few physical months. Perhaps a little longer and he would have forgotten how to play entirely.

Cinnamon moved to his left, where she would have the advantage. The dead eye in the left socket of Dago's face would give her an advantage as she moved into his blind spot. He tried to reposition accordingly as she bound toward him, but with the tree to his right there was simply not enough time. Then she sprang upward.

Dago instinctively dropped to his belly as she cleared him, and avoided a knock to the head in the process. He turned quickly, somewhat dumbfounded by what had just happened, and tried to acertain where she was now, after having gotten past his little trap.

Last edited by Dago on August 2nd 2012, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : one silly stray comma)
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 2nd 2012, 9:21 pm

Sintact gave a couple steps forward; his ears perked up in attention and moved slightly back and forth trying to capture the sounds of the environment. He heard noises not too far away from where he was, but at the end he concluded that the noises, the weird scents and everything else was something that his mind was probably imagining as a form of self-defense.

The male wolf tilted his head once again as he bent his body close to the ground, followed by that action he let himself collapse to the ground and roll on his back and started rolling side to side in order to end up covered by mud; a current action he did for avoiding parasites and keeping himself cool from the sunlight’s rays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 2nd 2012, 10:07 pm

Derek found it odd. Months before the male had left this pack, determined to leave it's memories behind, and all that it had once stood for. He had left behind friends, a successful life, and a family that would wait for him elsewhere. Yet here he stood, back where he had once been before, yet with a different turn on life.

A new male stood where his old friend once had. Rune, Derek's first friend, was dead, as were all the friends the male had left behind. His job was taken over, not that he begrudged the male that now stood in the rank of Beta, Derek had left that willingly. But to top it all, he would always be without his precious Palla. Not that, he was grief ridden, but her lack of presences did make the male quieter.

Again the male took a puzzled expression, his rank now was that of Lead Guard, a rank he heard, had been shortly occupied by a son, he had never known. A son that was now dead. This made the male wish he had gotten here sooner. They said that the son, named Lelio, had been killed by the river. It seemed that the water was determined to take all that the male had.

Derek shook his head, dragging himself from his past, and looking at his surroundings. A ways off he could hear his pack, odd that they were once more his pack, though he knew few by name, doing what ever they were doing. Deciding that to be by himself at this moment was not the best the male wandered off in their direction...and straight into the male he vaguely remembered as Pinion.

"Forgive me, i did not mean to run into you. Pinion correct?" Derek had never been one for names, these days even less, he fought to stop himself from gaining too much personal attachment to these wolves, just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear August 2nd 2012, 10:13 pm

Evergreen Forest - Page 6 Falco-1

“I’m afraid I have no real task for you-“
“There is no need to fear me or any other within this pack. If you are seeking to join us, I will not turn you away. Though, being in this pack or pretty much any pack is no easy task. If you are willing to work to be in this pack, I’ll accept you.”
”And perhaps, if Falco here does not mind…maybe he can show you around the territory a bit.”

Falco's ears perked to the Alpha. Show this wolf around. Sure why not, seeing as there wasn't anything else to do. His ears flicked as he gave a nod to the tawny Alpha and the Beta. He curled his tail by his side before getting to his paws. He turned to the new she wolf and gave a small smile. He watched as the female submitted to the Alpha, watching as other wolves approached, among those, Linnea, his ears flicked as his head dropped slightly as the alphess came closer.

"Saphera was it? I'm Falco, Delta rank. Nice to meet you. Follow me and I'll show you around our territory." his words were kind, and happy as he flicked his tail, nodded his head in respect to Crimson and Adena, before turning and walking a few steps, before halting, looking back waiting on Saphera.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 3rd 2012, 11:05 am

Saphera followed another new wolf the alpha said his name was Falco. She looked at him "Yet again." she thought "not a chance." All the wolves were bigger than her it didn't really matter what she did. She looked at him and tried to make this trip at least a little fun. She looked at him and said "So, Falco right?" Saphera always was caustiously watching around her, where she stepped, and the wolf she was following. She never liked being alone with a wolf bigger than her, especially when she knew she couldn't even fight in her condition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel August 3rd 2012, 12:18 pm

Thank you, for helping me down.

Apache gave both the females a brief nod. "Your welcome." Looking down towards her ankle now, he sighed lightly. "You won't be able to do much for a little bit but leave that to the pack. Once your healed, you can take back to your duties." The new scout thought for a moment then grunted out, "I'd still like to know how this had happened. You may tell me now or get some needed rest. I will seek out a scholar when i find the chance to." Apache pricked his ear's and listened to the other wolves around them. Most of which sounded busy. Perhaps I could venture out into the territory for a bit? Get to know things. My where abouts. he thought. The gray and white male knew that if he was to do that, the chances of running into another problem where rather high. Mainly running into loners. He barred his fangs for a slit moment then allowed his orbs to look at the wolf again, "I apoligize. I had not told you my name. I am Apache, scout of the pack." he said with his nose twitching, takiong in all the scents.
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon August 3rd 2012, 3:53 pm

Cinnamon nearly fell over as her paws touched the earth, not through lack of balance, but through surprise. She had expected Gliron to leap and ground her, not to duck under her.

Spinning around she saw the male turn on the spot, his head going from side to side as if he sought a scent. Then she realised her error, she had run to his blind side before jumping, giving her far more of advantage than she'd meant to have. She shook her head, angry that she'd forgotten his handicap in the thrill of the chase. Then an idea came to her.

The scholar crept silently up to the male, using his disadvantages to her own ends. When she was barely a whisker length away she lent her muzzle forward and whispered in his ear
"I know you mentioned that you played chase in your pack, but isn't catching the 'prey' a fundamental part of that?"
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago August 3rd 2012, 7:08 pm

Dago froze momentarily as the whisper reached his sorry stump of an ear on his blind side. It sent a chill through him, undetectable to the female, as a mix of emotion coursed his body. The last time another wolf had been that close to that part of his face, he'd left the wolf the scarred mess he was today. In the past he would have shied away, or snarled reflexively, as he had the one time his nephew made the error of approaching from his blind side. Perhaps Dago had known that the female would remain close, or her scent had given her away. Or, perhaps something was making Dago move past these former problems, inhibitions, and fears.

He did, however, shift his position quickly now that Cinnamon had revealed herself, turning almost one hundred and eighty degrees so that he could look on her, and so that she was no longer looking at his mutilation. He considered her teasing words then, carefully choosing his own.

"Ah yes, pretty doe." He responded in turn, "I was perhaps a yearling in my last chase. Mayhaps I was a stronger predator, or it was that I had easier prey." His tones were light as he recalled such play with other wolves, even though often his father intervened when he chased his sisters or played to roughly with them. He'd favored them greatly, and even a scratch on them lead to a brutal punishment for the young Dago. "But some prey is better for the chase, and for such to end is a sad thing. A wolf can catch a songbird, but the morsel is hardly worth the loss of its pretty song in the otherwise silent forest." He smiled again. "Of course, you must give this poor wolf some credit. There are many ways to catch one's quarry, be it running them down in the chase, or winning them to your side by othr means." Dago seemed to imply that this was all part of some plan of his. Whether the female would believe him or not was another matter.
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 3rd 2012, 7:10 pm

She nodded limping and her leg throbbing at each shake. "I hope to be on my feet again soin…" she began gathering her thoughts and flashing back to her walk on the ledge. She opened her mouth to speak "I had just walked away from Lelio and I was lost in thought bored, I saw this ledge and thought I could find something to do, but I ran into view of gale and I didn't want to bother him so..." dipping her she thought and remembered the piercing crack. "I took a step back my paw slipped and was pushed into a jagged small crack, I heard a crack and hopped backwards in pain waiting for help." Her icey blue eyes flickered to his and she watched as they both carried her to camp. "By the way I'm Kitara Guardian of the pack!" Her voice cracked as she winced at the sting of pain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel August 3rd 2012, 9:18 pm

'I hope to be on my feet again soon.'

Apache nodded with a sigh. "It won't be much longer, I'm sure." he said with a small smile. "I, myself, had never had an injury. Yes, not ever one. Only a little cold here and there but nothing that bad. I guess you can say I'm a little accident-proof." he said with a light chuckle. "Just try to stay out of trouble next time, hmm?" Apache spoke lightly and playfully.

'I had just walked away from Lelio and I was lost in thought bored, I saw this ledge and thought I could find something to do, but I ran into view of gale and I didn't want to bother him so.'

"Well words of advice. Don't be afraid of the beta, Gale. I never had a chance to speak with him but don't worry about intervening with others. If they wish to be alone, they'll ask, if not then they won't ask." 'I took a step back my paw slipped and was pushed into a jagged small crack, I heard a crack and hopped backwards in pain waiting for help.' A few moments passed before the young brute, " At least you did not fall... that would have been a shame. And watch those ledges, you hear? Try not to get to close next time. But at least you were smart enough to leap back when you saw the chance to get out of that situation."

'By the way I'm Kitara Guardian of the pack'

"Interesting. Well I'm rather new to the pack so I'd like to thank the both of you giving some time to speak with me. It's always good to get to know your own pack mates." Apache said with a rare smile on his face.
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 3rd 2012, 10:10 pm

Artemis, feeling a little out of sorts, walked into a clearing with a few wolves in it. She couldn't pay attention to the details at the moment though, because her back legs were in such pain. There was no blood, and no sign of fracture, but the pain was evident.

"Curse my klutzy style," The brown fae whispered to herself, "I just had to go and..," She was trying to recall, but it was the problem that she could only remember falling and hitting her head. Something or someone had pushed her and she had fallen. Something else was entering her memory. Something rushing....

A waterfall! Yes, that was what it was. The roaring of a waterfall and the slam of antlers on her behind. That is the pain near her spinal end. That was clear now, though she had a pounding headache and could barely walk without wincing and cursing inwardly.

(wonderful, I had to make use of an entrance)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune August 4th 2012, 12:09 am

Guys, please try to keep the injuries to a minimal…we don’t need half of the pack injured all at once.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
Evergreen Forest - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue100/100Evergreen Forest - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota August 4th 2012, 12:42 pm

Evergreen Forest - Page 6 2809rt

Leave the lost to themselves and they simply grow more lost. Departed from the reality that plagues every soul, they will relish in the ability to leave behind the grief and pain of their lives. But, give them a chance to be found, and you just might collect the remains of a being that might have the determination to face the return. Extend a hand to hundreds of the lost and you still may not find the one willing to be discovered. That's when you pick one and force it. Don't allow the hidden to stay so and realize their truth for them, as sometimes a coward will always be a coward.

When it came to a particular coward, one with fragile bones and a delicate frame, no one had been around to find her. Fate had intervened instead, forcing the petite female to realize her mistakes. You can live alone for as long as you like, the words had been fresh on her mind when she had first departed from the land of the Banishing Winds. They had meant hope of a new future, one away from the guilt of a deceased best friend and the male she left behind. Inside her thoughts, these words were the cherished, Taru often finding herself believing in them more than she should have. It pushed her on when things got dim, when her heart asked to turn back. She had let them lead her away from her home.

Guided by a new sense of faith, tiny Taru had seemed unstoppable in her venture for something away from the territory of the Banishing Winds. At least, until that unstoppable force hit an immovable object. What was that object? Hunger. When the wilderness realized the now alone creature in its grasp, it had played its cards in ensuring a wonderful welcome back party. Taru had never been one to have the greatest odds, but it almost seemed planned, the amount of torture the female endured. Hunting alone was easy in winter, but when summer rolled around, it was different story. How could something once so simple become so disastrous? The elk became fat and healthy, enjoying the summer grass and basking in the sun that had melted away the snow that had once tripped and trapped them. Taru became skinny and sickly, often scrounging around the grounds in search of carrion. It was a horrible dance they did every year. Kings to Taru in the winter, but the crown dropped to the prey in the summer. You can live alone for as long as you like, the words still poisoned the mind of Taru. Even as she lay nearly dead under the trees of the loner's range, they still gave the essence of hope.

Starvation had become a new pal, hovering around the little female with every coming summer. She would come so close to just falling over, even the words that had been her life vest were too fuzzy to understand. That was the time when Taru was found. You can live alone for as long as you like, suddenly became You can live alone for as long as you can survive. The truth was simple. Taru was not made to survive alone and death was simply giving her enough time to figure that out. Joints aching with muscle deterioration, the desperate female had set off for the one place she knew she could return, Banishing Winds Pack.

What could have been considered a rough start to a long journey had created a ragged shell for a canid. Paws bleached white by residue from the neighboring mountain rocks and cracked from the constant pressure of crossing distances, it was hard to believe that the creature was still moving. Each step caused a different kind of pain, one that Taru knew would never cease without an adequate stop for rest. This was not enough to stop her however. Something told her that if she stopped now, she would never make it, never be able to get going again. She continued, thankful for the sudden change of terrain as the rocky surface became plush grass that embraced her feet with delicacy. A hint of a smile faded across her features for a brief moment, revealing the sudden relief in finding the domain of the forest.

This was short-lived, as the scent of different wolves wafted to her nostrils. Is it...? Taru could not fathom the relief that spread through her body. It almost felt like she was dying, the aches leaving her so suddenly. Banishing Winds was close, enough so that each step made Taru more anxious. The sound of her stomach rumbling loudly was enough to disperse the ideas of her approaching company however. It was food she should be worried about. Spending her days traveling in silence, her health had deteriorated more and more with everyday. She had tried and failed to obtain a simple meal every once and awhile, even going as far as to take on a group of elk alone. Never the most skilled at hunting, she had known the odds were against her. It had been a foolish act of desperation. Now, presently a skeleton of her former-self, Taru was in no condition to be considering anything other than food as top priority. Her "adventure" had turned out horribly, leaving the female in a far worse state than when she had left. Even so, the thought of seeing the group after so long was comforting. The life of a loner had little friends and little interaction, so the desperate female was rather pleased to think of the faces of those she had left behind.

Raising her head slightly, as though to try and appear better off than she was, Taru kept walking. Her normally little physique was now dangerously small. She had at least looked healthy in the beginning, but now, one could not understand how the creature was even moving. No happy face and slim figure, that lost to the view of protruding ribs and starving eyes.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon August 4th 2012, 3:53 pm

She immediately felt guilty for her little game when a perceptible shudder ran through him. Taking a step away she allowed him to turn until the good side of his face was pointed at her. Watching his eye as he turned she detected a ghost of fear and shame in it. However, in beliance of all that, his tone was light, almost merry

"Ah yes, pretty doe...I was perhaps a yearling in my last chase. Mayhaps I was a stronger predator, or it was that I had easier prey...But some prey is better for the chase, and for such to end is a sad thing. A wolf can catch a songbird, but the morsel is hardly worth the loss of its pretty song in the otherwise silent forest."

She returned his smile, absorbing the veild compliments like a lizard soaking u the sun. She wasn't a vain wolf by any means, could manage quite well being taken for her character alone. But Gliron was different, when he praised like that he spoke with his heart as well as his Bard's tongue.

"Of course, you must give this poor wolf some credit. There are many ways to catch one's quarry, be it running them down in the chase, or winning them to your side by other means."

The scholar tilted her head like a curious pup, trying to decide if he was teasing her "Other means, oh Gliron. What would they be, pray?"
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex August 4th 2012, 9:35 pm

She walked out still tired, she was watching the ground. Thats all she could do.... she still wouldn't talk. she accedentaly bumbed into another wolf, she glanced up noticing it was the wolf from before, the one who had helped her carry the injured wolf.
She mutterd softy "Uhm...iam sorry....."
Alex
Alex
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum