+3
Aikrwarr
Blake
Rune
7 posters

Go down

Slow times and stuff Empty Slow times and stuff

Post by Rune February 15th 2013, 1:09 am

So as I'm sure a lot of you have notice..we have taken a huge hit to activity of late. It is no ones fault in particular because we all get busy, and so because of that I'm not going to go into this gigantic rant about it and how it should improve and blah blah blah. ^^

Instead I'm just going to ask what you guys think we should really focus on to get activity up..
Do you want contest, activities, a specific direction to go toward in the RP (like more controlled events..not ones where you have complete freedom to do anything you want as long as it follows the rule..like this snow one was about), or what?

I ask for suggestions all the time, but this time they are really needed and stuff.

Things are coming up and you can look for announcements to be made on the WQ thread, but none of that will really matter unless the activity increases.

So thanks! ^^

And happy valentines day!!
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
Slow times and stuff Left_bar_bleue100/100Slow times and stuff Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Slow times and stuff Empty Re: Slow times and stuff

Post by Blake February 15th 2013, 4:32 pm

I think more controlled RP events would help.

Happy V-Day to you too Rune!
Blake
Blake
Scout

http://www.silverwildernesspack.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aikrwarr February 18th 2013, 9:21 am

I know I'm new, but what about posting in the WQ thread more often? As of late I've noticed it's slow - if it was a little faster and more people were posting on it the pack would seem more active and more inviting to new members. Even with the announcements, it's somewhat neglected. Also, what about daily activities? Like various things to bring the pack together every other week, or perhaps every week.
Aikrwarr
Aikrwarr
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver February 18th 2013, 2:19 pm

There's not really much I can do with my activity at the moment, but I'd suggest trying to make things in the RP a little less social and a little more adventurous.

And the issue with replying to things in the WQ thread is that, most of the time, there is nothing to reply to other than repeating everything else everyone has said. Conversation is limited on it in many ways.

If anything, to boost activity, guys, log on the live chat. Maybe host some chat meetings. Chat parties. When people start logging on decently and talking, our activity goes boom, and vice versa. Make some conversation. Share about what you like to do and what your interests are, your funny stories. Not just the normal "how goes it" "good" "cool" -dead-.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Slow times and stuff Left_bar_bleue100/100Slow times and stuff Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara February 21st 2013, 12:37 am

Silver wrote:
If anything, to boost activity, guys, log on the live chat. Maybe host some chat meetings. Chat parties. When people start logging on decently and talking, our activity goes boom, and vice versa. Make some conversation. Share about what you like to do and what your interests are, your funny stories. Not just the normal "how goes it" "good" "cool" -dead-.

Eeeexactly. There are few things that are more true about the pack than this ^ when people get on the chat more often, they are more likely to post in the rp, and they are more likely to log into the site in general. I think that there may be some fissures between old and new members which the snow activity was attempting to close by getting the characters to know each other. However, it may be intimidating--or simply non-motivational-- to attempt to spur character connections when basic connections between users has not yet been established. Of course this can potentially be difficult when it can be rare to find others on the chat that would inspire one to pop in to talk, so the newer members may not realize what a crucial part of the pack the chat is. That being said, my inclination here is to bridge off of Silver's concepts of having chat-based activities to stir up some of that family atmosphere that I've loved so much about the pack over the years, and then jump from there after a short period into a vigorous and imagination-stimulating twist/plot in the roleplay.
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith February 22nd 2013, 12:36 pm

I agree with Silver and Maiara. Being in the chat box is also far easier than typing in the RP for most...
Zenith
Zenith
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Aikrwarr February 22nd 2013, 4:59 pm

Silver wrote:And the issue with replying to things in the WQ thread is that, most of the time, there is nothing to reply to other than repeating everything else everyone has said. Conversation is limited on it in many ways.

Fair point, Silver.

I agree, like Zenith, with Maiera and Silver; if more chat activities could be done like meetings, parties, etc, the pack would get more active, I think. Maybe if there were more bonding activities or something to establish connections between us, it would spur more RP and, generally, more activity.
Aikrwarr
Aikrwarr
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale February 23rd 2013, 3:49 am

We also need to take into account interest on its own. Sure, now we can say that activity would increase with more people on the chat, but can we guarantee that it would last? No, I highly doubt such because interest fades. It's hard to pin-point what will work the best, but anything is definitely worth a shot.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down