Kira
Spirit
Silver
14 posters

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Pack Lands - Page 19 Empty Re: The Pack Lands

Post by Guest September 17th 2011, 1:40 am

The wolf had tensed up, and had gotten into full-attack mode. Codex felt relieved when Ice went away, he didn't want anything to happen to her. "Wow there, no need to fight. I'm just part of the pack." He simply stepped back, showing no signs of a threat, yet also no signs of submission. His eyes held the other brute's gaze. The guardian's gaze was clear: Go. But, he wasn't going to go so easily. Sure, he was fun, he was peaceful, and he didn't like fights. It wouldn't be so easy to make him stand down though. He wouldn't use violence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 17th 2011, 9:44 am

(Sorry I haven't been coming on a lot these past two/three days. I've tried to get on everyday, but my life is VERY hectic right now. I'll try to get on more, though. Adena, I'll post from the comment you posted after my last on on page 54. If you've posted after that and want me to edit my post; just say.)

The brute watched as the moon-white fae turned to run swiftly through the forest. A small part of him hoped she found everything she wanted. He brought his attention to the colored female and sat down once more softly. Part of him felt like he should have commented on her name in some way, but that wasn't him. He rarely gave affection and now didn't seem like a perfect time to start.

"Adena." He repeated, rolling her name over in his head. "Pleased to meet you, Adena." He mirrored her words softly He pressed on within his thoughts, running through what he should say to her next. Part of her really did remind him of a wolf he met on his travels. Stuck in her ways. But perhaps that was good. He stood on his haunches, Adena may find his next move intimidating.

Pressing a forepaw towards her softly, he took another step, and another. Right until their noses were less than a feet apart. He took a moment before moving his body back to a distance from her. Years ago, Josh had realized that standing too close to boiling herbs did nothing for a wolf's sense of smell, and he didn't want to forget Adena in a hurry. She was a very interesting character in Josh's mind.

"I'm sorry." He spoke warmly, leaning his head down and pressing his stomach onto the soft ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 17th 2011, 12:50 pm

Taru was quick to rise, almost as fast as Gale had been to shift personalities. Her leg was curled to her stomach as she made her way between the brutes. It was definitely a dangerous choice, considering she hardly knew the wolf known as Codex. A sense of urgency to difuse the situation flowed through her blood, pushing her to accept the risk and stand between them. The female's pale yellow eyes shifted, looking at Gale. She had nothing to say to him, for Taru knew that with his instinct and being startled from behind, Gale was not at fault. "Control yourself," she hissed quietly between closed teeth. If Gale was to function properly among others, he would have to learn to control his brutal strength and instincts. She could not have him making other members feel uncomfortable or threatening them. Banishing Winds was a safe haven, no matter if you were new or old to it.

She then shifted awkwardly, her injury causing a small problem when it came to changing directions. "You," Taru made her wolf of discussion obvious by shaking her head towards Codex, "You should know better than to come up behind another without making yourself known beforehand." It sounded strange to say such words, but the female's voice remained dominant and precise. That was all she had to say to Codex, but added a small nod to make sure he knew that Taru was done speaking. She then limped back towards the carcass. Her eyes did not leave Gale's tense, vicious form, fur barely brushing his as she passed. He needed to calm down. Taru needed him to calm down. This situation shouldn't have happened, and the delta hardly knew how to handle such matters. "My apologies," the words that came from her mouth were merely to be said. Taru felt she needed to say sorry, even if she had said or done nothing. It was how she was, always asking for forgiveness in order to have the ability to let things go and allow her to leave behind what is the past.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 17th 2011, 1:44 pm

After sitting in her own deep thoughts, Ice finally snapped out of it when she heard more snarls from where she had left Codex, Taru, and the temperamental male, slight worry and defensive instinct for a close friend made her return quick as she could; once more she stood beside Codex. Ice stood her ground firmly, even though she didn't look like much of a fighter one would be quite surprised with her combat skills. When one got onto Ices bad sides they'd best watch their back, she wasn't one to anger easily, but when pushed to the top she was bound to get angered, along with her fighting skill came a sharp tongue in which her words would roll out cold and sharp as an icicle. Her green eyes seemed ablaze with defense for Codex, a faint thought told her that he wouldn't be as confident to take on an attack, she kept careful watch on the other male. She did not bare her teeth nor bristle her fur, but indeed Ices aura of emotion spiked, her tail curled a bit at the tip but was not straight up, she kept her posture defensive, stern, and her expression showed some of her coldness. If she felt fear she did not show it, she cared not of her injury, it was only a thorn in her side that could easily be ignored...
(Lame-ish -.-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena September 17th 2011, 8:22 pm

The red-furred femme watched Silver Moonlight lope off steadily, admiring the way she seemed so sure of her actions despite her blindness. The male's voice brought her concentration away from the fae and back to him.

"Adena. Pleased to meet you, Adena."

She nodded once. He was a strange one, she decided. First he irritated her, now he was completely calm, as if nothing at all had happened. Saying her name slowly, making her fel like something was wrong. As if a pack member hadn’t just left. He rose from his sitting position and she watched with a cautious, skeptical gaze, waiting for him to shift.

He did move, and took a few paces in her direction until she could nearly feel his breath on her muzzle. She didn't stand, she didn’t flinch; she just stared carefully at him. She had to look up slightly to meet his gaze. She wondered if she should say something. She opened her mouth to speak but closed it again. There seemed to be some sort of tense atmosphere between them. Or was it just her?

"I'm sorry."

Adena looked on is near disbelief as the male lowered himself in submission. She blinked a few times before snapping back to present. "Who are you and what have you done to the male that was there a moment ago?" she asked. A cheeky twitch of the corner of her mouth quickly turned into a smile. But no one gained her trust too easily. "So, you want to see the alpha?" she inquired. Her body had relaxed, but her eyes had a cold, guarded edge.

She didn't trust strangers. But this male may just join their ranks. He was here for a reason. She'd seen loners being accepted often enough in this pack already, herself being one of those wolves. Maybe the loner would be one of those accepted. Adena comprehended that she kept thinking of the loner as 'the male'. She reminded herself that he had a name. The male was Josh.

OOC: It’s fine. (:
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 18th 2011, 12:17 am

"Wow there, no need to fight. I'm just part of the pack."

Gale let his lips fall back over his gums and teeth but did not lose any other sign of aggression. This was a male he did not know; how could he trust him? Codex had stepped back but did not show any signs of submission. It wasn't as if Gale had demanded or asked for it but it didn't mean that the warrior was going to let this go. The thing that angered him the worst was when he realized that Codex was holding Gale's burning green gaze. His tail lashed in a vicious arc and revealed his fangs once more.

"Control yourself,"

When Taru spoke, Gale felt his canines vanish once more. That was all the brute would offer the fae and anyone else. They were friends but he couldn't quite make himself lose his pose. The warrior's eyes were fixed on Codex for a few moments longer before he simply switched his focus back to Taru. For the entire time she spoke with Codex, Gale noticed that her eyes never left his form. Did she think he would attack another? The beast growled with pleasure. This was the release it had desired ever since he left the pack at the winter territory.

The young delta's fur brushed his own ever so slightly and yet the male slightly tensed at the contact. She wasn't completely passed him when he leaned into her just enough so she would be able to feel the warmth radiating from his body. He pulled away as soon as she was almost passed him. He felt her eyes as they remained on him and he simply allowed his tail to flick. It was a signal to her and it said: It's alright. I'm fine. If only to show that Taru had control over him, Gale made his fur lay flat on his skin and his stance lessen in its aggression. He could not control his eyes; they continued to burn with open hatred for others.

BlackIce made herself reappear once more and she took a defensive stance next to Codex. Had Taru not been standing behind the prey and himself, Gale probably would have let his instincts take over again. His warrior ways told him to always be aware of all movements around him and to act hostile until it was found that what was creating a distrubance was not a huge, life threatening threat. In order to retain the sliver of control he currently had, Gale moved until he was standing behind the elk. The carcass symbolized a barrier between the aggressive warrior and the other two wolves. In order for him to get to them, he would have to leap over the prey and launch himself eight feet. That was enough distance for the two to get out of there before any damage could happen.

"My apologies,"

All Gale did was shake his head at her words. She shouldn't apologize for him. He was capable of doing it himself. The male brushed his tail tip across her mouth; telling her to fall silent. His head turned slightly and he offered her an apologetic smile. It was small but surely it got his message through. Reluctantly, Gale forced himself to look at Codex and the female who still stood alongside of him. This was not something he did often, especially when he hadn't done anything wrong in his opinion. He was simply trained to attack on sight and to cause bodily harm until one succumbed to authority.

"Sorry." He said curtly as he lowered his head to take a bite of the cow in front of him.

That was all they would get. If they were looking for more, they'd have to look for it somewhere else.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 18th 2011, 1:00 am

"Sorry."

Taru shifted away from the group. The Delta did not wish to speak to either BlackIce nor Codex, for it was not a priority. With Maiara's litter well on its way, she knew that both mother and young would need meat as soon as possible. The small female began to stuff herself, ready to bring it back up later on when it was really needed. She ate in large bites, hardly chewing as she continued to swallow several times. Once done, muzzle promptly stained with the scarlet blood of the elk, she settled down on a warm patch of grass. Her eyes shifted to watch the warm rays of sunlight bathe the earth, something she wished would never leave. The rays hit her dark pelt as though the sun were only inches away, warming her thoroughly and allowing her the great pleasure.

She sprawled out completely, bulging stomach now lit up with the light of the sun. It warmed her belly to a nice temperature, one that allowed her great laziness and relaxation. Taru found that she rarely had these moments anymore. It was hard to find time to think for herself, to sun-bathe for herself, to allow herself peace of mind. Her eyes continued to watch Gale, impressed by his apology, something she had not thought him capable of. It was an improvement, which brought a warm smile to her dark face. She continued to rest, enjoying her moment.

[Lame x.x Sorry]
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 18th 2011, 1:36 am

Taru's gaze scorched Gale's fur and the warrior shivered slightly. Normally others didn't stare at him but then again, most didn't even speak with him. The warrior turned around and walked over towards Taru. His body heavily hit the ground as he lay three feet away from the delta. This position made him vulnerable to a degree, but not completely so. Need be, he could leap up and protect himself.

The blood haze that had a slight hold of him relinquished that control. He brought a bloody forepaw closer to his jaws and started to clean it. Blood was something he hated to have stain his coat. After a fight or hunt, he could spend hours getting rid of all of the blood. The only one he acknowledged was Taru. The other two meant nothing to him.

"Do you think Maiara's alright?" He asked quietly. "She'd probably appreciate this life giving food."
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 18th 2011, 1:55 am

"Do you think Maiara's alright?" He asked quietly. "She'd probably appreciate this life giving food."

Taru was relieved as Gale settled down to rest and clean the blood from himself beside her. It was good to know that he could control himself, as the ability was greatly needed if he was to stay within the pack. She shifted over, allowing the bulky male some room as he lay down. His question made her think for a few short moments. Her reply was filled with laughter, "I'm sure that if we went there offering food, Maiara might eat us. You don't mess with a girl when she is going through that kind of thing." It was a truly funny thing in her mind, especially since Taru knew this from experience. When she was young, one of her aunts had conceived a litter. Taru, being a good relative, tried to help. The tiny black wolf had nearly lost an ear that day while trying to escape her aunt's snapping jaws. "We can bring her some later on, when she is more comfortable with her young," Taru explained with a flick of her tail.

She shifted, her thoughts moving with her and decided to think of other things. Where was Elysia? Gale's fur wreaked of elk blood and of her best friend. But where was she? It had been awhile now and Taru was almost positive the smell of a kill or of Taru's blood would have called her rabbit buddy to her. Yet, she was still gone. "Where did Elysia go after you were accepted?" her question was innocent, only her being curious as to where her friend was hiding. She simply had to be with her when the pup's made their first steps into the world. It would make a great memory for them to share, the small trio of friends. When Taru thought of there small group of friends, a smile widened on her face. She was just fine being the third wheel if Elysia and Gale ended up together. The Delta would be glad that another saw the greatness that emanated from Elysia like the sun and its rays.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear September 18th 2011, 6:59 am

Falco continued to wander through the forest, on his lonesome. His ears flicked at the sound of rushing paws coming towards him, then the scent of Silver. His ears perked as he looked to her, slightly concerned at the way she wrapped her neck around his. What could this mean? He would find out...

"Falco. " She said, not waiting for him to answer. Blind eyes searched tirelessly for him, though they remained blind. "My family, my pups, my sister, my brother, and my deceased parents seem to call at my very heart. I am leaving here Falco, for my dreams of becoming a great member whom is appreciated and known for hard work and dedication is gone because of my imminent blindness. But, please, remember. I love you and always have, but I must live with them like it was destined for me as a pup. I will visit, seldom but it will happen, and I wish you the best in life from here on. Please, understand. I am sure you will find another, though I shall not. I love you Falco, never forget that. As well, I'm not Bayne. I'm not leaving to leave, I'm leaving to live with my family for the first time since I was three months old. "

Falco's ears dropped, as his heart seemed to stop momentarily. As her words drew on she came closer to him and him to her. He gave a whimper as he seemed lost for words. He fell weak, falling on the ground in a white lump as she turned and bounded away. He curled up and whimpered softly to himself. Alone in the forest, as it all had begun. The howl rung through his ears; he lifted his head and howled back huskily, it seemingly choking in his throat.

He returned and curled up in small whimpering mess. He laid there for hours on end, physically unable to get up. Finally when he could it was slow and shakily. He had thought that it was probably best for him to be in the company of the pack to try and keep his mind off Silver.

His pace was slow and shaky, his tail hung loosely behind him, whilst his head remained low, and ears laying against his body, constantly staring at the ground below him.

It would be a long and pain-staking journey back for the male. As he moved ever so slowly back towards the pack. How was he supposed to cope now? Now that all that he had ever lived for was gone? All that he had ever cherished and loved was gone?

Falco fell down again, How was he supposed to keep his mind off this. For now he would wait until he could bring himself to get up. He curled up again as he laid. He started to shake. Shivers not of cold, but of shock. Would it be dark soon? He didn't know and frankly didn't care, all he wanted to do was crawl up in a dark place and never see the light again. Never see another face. He would happily leave the world now.

(extremely lame post. But Fal is going into depression :S )
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 18th 2011, 10:45 am

Elysia, ironically in answer to Taru's question, was gone. She wasnt dead - by no means! She was quite alive, though she wasnt exactly happy. After her confrontation with Rune, she had fled. She had run and run and run, trying to pound out ever thought with the power of her steps. Eventually she had reached the borders of their expansive territory, exactly what she had been looking for. She had paused at the border, her chest heaving and her legs shaking ever so slightly. It had taken her a while to build up the courage, the determination to do what she needed to. She glanced over her shoulder, her eyes sorrowed, yet pensive. With deliberate steps, she had stepped over the border and out of Banishing Winds territory.

She had thought that would be the end of it. That she would leave and make a new life - perhaps one alone where she needn't concern herself with failing others. Or one where no one knew her, and no one knew Pallatsera. She could simply be Elysia. The idea had been enticing, one she desired. But when her opportunity came - she found herself unable to grasp it. So she had lingered on, just outside the border. She paced and she lurked, unable to leave the pack behind. She hadnt said a word of goodbye to anyone - not to Taru, who had long been her best friend, not to Maiara, whose beauty and poise had made her a role model for Elysia, not to Derek who had been the first to show her kindness, not even to Gale who had begun to make her feel safe. She had just ran. She had abandoned them.

Then again, maybe it was better that way. She had severed all contact. She had set herself apart. If she was lucky, they would all hate her. That would prevent them from coming after her. Elysia settled down in a small patch of grass. It was unfamiliar, and lacked the scent of the Banishing Winds Pack. Every now and then a stray scent would blow her way - a fragment of Taru's laughter concealed in the breeze. Her heart ached,and still she found herself unable to move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 18th 2011, 11:22 am

The brute narrowed his eyes, as slight irritation swirled in it's depths. He wasn't fond of this aggressive male. He looked at BlackIce and said, "Come on, let's go." He padded away, not really wanting to see the male for a long time. He settled under a nice, shady tree, as he waited for the silver-brown female. While he was waiting, he thought. That male, he was not fond of him at all. How dare he just immediately assume a pack member is their worst enemy. He wouldn't make eye-contact, or speak to the wolf for a large amount of days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 18th 2011, 11:55 am

Ice didn't hesitate in following Codex to sit under a tree, just being away from the other two wolves made Ices tension melt away, it showed in her eyes. Privately she thought, Well, guess my attempt for an apology just hit rock bottom. Besides, how could one of the pack consider another member a threat?! It makes no sense once so ever... No matter, my distance will be kept far from them. Ice looked up at Codex and asked him with a soft voice, "Are you okay?" Ice could sense his slight tension from the meeting, she lightly leaned her head against his shoulder hoping to comfort him. A small part of Ice knew this was something she never would have done for another wolf, but this was different, to her the feelings she felt were strong and almost intimate for the red male. She wanted so much to speak of her emotions for him but, was afraid if he would feel the same, Perhaps i should wait a bit more? Ice waited first for Codex to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 18th 2011, 12:16 pm

The brute smiled softly at Ice, and said, "I'm fine." Ice leaned against his shoulder, and he smiled at her. He was starting to care for the fae. She was the first wolf he ever met in this territory, and his first friend here. His rust-red tail curled around her lower body, and rested his head on the puffy grass, as he smiled once more at the female. "Are you okay?" He asked her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 18th 2011, 12:45 pm

(Thanks :) and if it's okay with you - I'll wrap up the wolves conversation within the next post or two as the RP is going to be fast forwarded very soon. If you want, Adena and Josh can begin to talk once more after it has taken place. I just want to put needs aside (conversations, acceptance, so on) until the fast forward has taken place. But if you want to continue talking, I don't mind.)

A chuckles flew it's way from the brute's mouth. He couldn't help it - she was just as witty and cheeky as he was. He sighed softly, and switched his gaze from Adena's sly smile to the diamond sky, the clouds simply looked like strange abnormalities in the picturesque skyscape.

It took less than a second for the male to reply to her sarcastic comment.
"I ate him." This time, when Josh looked at her, he seemed defensive as if he had just said something to upset her, and felt the need to justify himself. "Sorry," He started, licking his lips slowly and smacking them. "I was peckish."

The male made a dangerous move, and risked a wink at the fae before smiling softly. He wasn't attempting to make a move on her at all, he was just enforcing his playful words. He hoped she didn't take it the wrong way. So he returned his poker-face soon after.

"The alpha..." Josh played around with the term out-loud. "King," Toying with other terms he could use, "Boss," The brute finally made a decision on which honorific he would choose: "Sir." He narrowed his eyes in thought, he would talk with the alpha later. Right now he needed some time to himself.

Was he really ready to join a pack? Or did he need more time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 18th 2011, 2:04 pm

"I'm sure that if we went there offering food, Maiara might eat us. You don't mess with a girl when she is going through that kind of thing. We can bring her some later on, when she is more comfortable with her young,"

"I'd offer you to her first. Just maybe because of all that fur of yours, she'd leave me be." Gale said in order to address the first section of her words. He nodded in order to acknowledge the second.

Laughter was a contagious thing and therefore the male had to work to keep his face neutral. In order to block out the sound, he started to clean his paw again until the taste of blood disappeared. No where else had been stained with the life sustaining meat; he lay his head on the ground, stomach exposed. This wasn't a pose that he ever used but he knew that just as he watched out for Taru she would watch out for him. Her question made the warrior lift his head again.

"Where did Elysia go after you were accepted?"

His eyes darkened with thought. Where had the scout gone? She simply turned tail and ran deep into the forest, towards the border. Elysia simply could have decided that she wanted some quiet time to herself. Then again, she also could decide to leave the pack without any words of parting. Would she really leave without a word to Taru? He wasn't completely sure. They were best friends but since he never had a best friend, he didn't know how they acted.

"She just left. Headed deeper into the forest and towards the border." He didn't want to say those words to Taru but he knew that she would be glad that he was honest with her. "I don't know if she left the territory or not."

The warrior rolled until he was flat on his stomach. There were so many scenarios that could determine how Taru would act with this information; he needed to be ready for anything. Green eyes were gentle as they locked onto the delta. If he knew how, he would comfort her in some way. He wasn't sure how she would react though. Therefore, he stayed where he was and just watched her carefully.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 18th 2011, 2:19 pm

"I'd offer you to her first. Just maybe because of all that fur of yours, she'd leave me be."

Taru was puzzled by his reply. Did she truly have that much fur? Her eyes began to look cross-eyed as they tried to look herself over. She wasn't that furry, just fat in some places. Had she let herself go? The female looked back at her rump, examining her flank as her tail flicked about, swatting away flies and other insects. Her rump was rather large, but not enough so that it seemed fat. So perhaps it was fur. She snorted, looking over to see Gale sprawled out with his stomach exposed. This enticed the young female. About to rise and pounce on his huge belly, while she had a chance, Taru was only stopped by his reply to her question.

"She just left. Headed deeper into the forest and towards the border." He didn't want to say those words to Taru but he knew that she would be glad that he was honest with her. "I don't know if she left the territory or not."

The tiny Delta moved to sit up, ears perked to the wind. She heard nothing in her now numb ears. Had he said that Elysia had left, or that he didn't know if she had? This caused a blind panic to wave through her. Where was Elysia? Her head turned sharply, looking towards the trees. The other half of Taru was her rabbit buddy. They didn't just seperate or get up and go without telling one another. Therefore, Taru concluded that Elysia had not left. She grinned widely at Gale, tail thumping the ground in pure bliss of her own, selfish mind. Her mind thought with a certain function, that enabled Taru to always come out on top. Elysia couldn't leave without hurting Taru, consequently, she hadn't left. This type of thinking led to her own belief in a fantasy world sometimes, especially when she found it hard to accept reality.

Filled with naive bliss, Taru bowed playfully to Gale. She scampered forward with her head close to the ground, jabbing at his side with her cold nose. This was indeed funny because she could feel his muscles beneath his pelt, making her bound away in laughter. She ended up tripping on a shallow slump in the ground, only stopping her laughter when her chin hit the ground. After a few seconds of sore whimpering, she was back up and runnng. The thought and idea of Gale giving chase was too much for her joyous mind. It would be grand to play tag with this bulky brute! She would win all day, everyday.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 18th 2011, 3:05 pm

May loped into the camp clearing, a bit bedraggled from the wind and tree branches, but bright eyed and full of energy. Pausing to drop her rabbit off by the cow she killed earlier, she padded off to find somewhere to groom. Finding a nice shady spot, she settled down and started grooming her messy coat.

Pausing every couple of licks, she would look up at the other wolves going about their daily activities. She longed to be part of it. The fae wanted to make friends and hunt with other wolves, but she was just too shy to go up to the others. Once her fur was smooth and silky again, she settled down and let her thoughts wander off...

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon September 18th 2011, 3:59 pm

Cinnamon waited but no response to her questions and offers of help came. But with small smile she settled dow to wait, not wanting to put herself in the Alpha female's bad books so early on in their knowing each other. Slowly she crept forward again, though not as close as before

"Pardon for not introducing myself, I am Cinnamon, a new scholar." She called in then curled up in the sun.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena September 18th 2011, 6:11 pm

"I ate him."

Adena raised an eyebrow. He had gone serious again. This male seemed to switch from one face to another right before her eyes. She frowned. "You ate him? I don't really mind. This Josh is a lot nicer, don’t you think?" she teased. As he winked at her a corner of her mouth twitched into a smirk. "Don't even think about it," she said coolly. His face had gone expressionless again. Had she said something? Adena snorted softly, smiling to herself. Why the empty expression? He began speaking to himself and it startled Adena. She blinked. Her father always said to her sibling that speaking to oneself was the first sign of madness. Or was that the second? Adena didn’t think of Josh as mad. Her father was the mad one.

"The alpha... king, boss, sir."

"Right. Him." Nodding, she pointed her grey-stripped muzzle toward the clearing. "Over there." She watched him with curiosity. She wondered again what had brought him here. Why he acted like he did. She knew the reason behind her behaviors and wasn’t in a rush to change them. They could take her as she was or not at all. Her face blank, she stood and walked toward the clearing without speaking another word to him. He’d have a choice. Leave or speak with the alpha.

She saw that Rune was still speaking with the dark male. Not so much speaking as playing. She wasn't quite sure how Rune would react with Maiara and the pups at this vulnerable stage. She glanced over her shoulder to where Josh was. There was nothing she could do so she left him be. She glanced again at him before she went to sit beneath a tree at the edge of the clearing, paces away from where Josh stood. She sat and curled her black-tipped tail around her cream paws watching him with pensive eyes.
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 18th 2011, 6:54 pm

Gale jumped slightly when Taru pressed her cold nose into his fur. It whispered against his vulnerable skin; it wasn't something he'd ever experienced. The delta had drawn away with a laugh and the male brought himself to his paws just as she tripped over a shallow depression in the earth. He opened his mouth to say something but the fae had already got back on her paws and hared away. It appeared as if the female wanted for him to chase her. A game of tag perhaps? If it would take her mind away from everything, Gale would comply. At least for a little while.

Since he hadn't really eaten thanks to Codex, he knew he would be able to run without having painful cramps form in his stomach and flank. She was heading towards the forest and therefore, the warrior was already plotting tatics of how to head her off. He was much heavier set and probably lacked the speed that Taru had at her disposal. Before he could lose more ground to the delta, Gale dug his paws into the ground and bolted forward. The plan he was setting in motion would need for him to somehow pass the fae who was still ahead of him by ten lengths.

When he drew slightly closer Gale lengthened his stride until there was no way his legs could stretch any further. A slightly adrenaline rush flowed through his veins and that granted him more energy. He was alongside Taru when he gently nudged her with his muzzle. Once he was sure that she was "it" the warrior dug his hindpaws into the soil and came to a complete stop. With that, he veered to the left and weaved through the trees that were in the forest. Hopefully he would have enough time to gain a lot of ground. He wasn't going to let Taru win easily.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 18th 2011, 8:20 pm

Taru faltered as Gale appeared beside her. It hadn't tkaen him long to catch on to the game, or to even match Taru's abilities with a simple plan of actions. This surprised her to a point of shock, body slowling to a halt. He had gotten to her! She was now "it". This was going to be a problem. Taru had simply planned on beating this slow brute with fast sprints and long distances but he had calculated a plan against this idea. She watched as he darted away, quickly gaining ground away from her. This brought Taru back to herself, legs beginning to move again. The Delta was curious of what approach to take. Instead of thinking for too long, she began to just follow, slowly gaining on the male.

Her instincts caused a scary reaction within Taru. She felt the need to somehow bring this beast down. It was like hunting, only better. If she caught up to him, it would be a battle of bronze, something that normally Taru would lose at. This time howver, the female could possibly catch him by surprise. A good grab of his neck would enable her the upper hand. She pushed onwards, the blood lust that grabbed her readying her to kill and win. As she came up behind him, Taru's jaws opened slightly. A fleshy, pink tongue slid across her pearly teeth, readying them for the best grip possible. Ever so slightly, the female leaned towards him. Her pale yellow eyes traced his neck, finding a good spot to clamp onto. With a slow, precise bite, she closed her teeth on a small clump of the male's hair that surrounded and protected his vulnerable neck. This failure to take into consideration how much fur was actually around a wolf's neck made her plan fail miserably. It did however, cause her to break free from the instictual trap. Spitting the fur from her mouth, Taru smiled, poking him with her nose on the flank before stopping completely and sitting down. She was rather frazzeled from her lapse of judgement for the past few minutes, slowly panting as the adrenaline and blood lust died in her viens.

What was this side of Taru? It was dangerous, something that shouldn't have happened. Taru wasn't dangerous, she was the exact opposite. This frightened her probably more than Gale. The female cursed under her breath. Gale had seen a side of her no one knew. No one was supposed to know it. Mistakes were made, but this was unexcusable. She could have hurt a friend. It was something that kept inside her, like almost all emotions. From the stresses as of late, sometimes things managed to slip out. This happened to be a lot that had gotten out, for a short while. "Sorry," Taru mumbled to Gale, but he was probably too far to hear her. There she was again, apologizing for yet another thing. It caused her much grief.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 18th 2011, 8:47 pm

Gale stopped as soon as Taru did. He was now it and even though she had latched onto his throat, he wasn't fazed in the slightest. It wasn't the first time that he'd seen such a technique and even the kindest wolves would sometimes exhibit it. Rather, he was impressed with how fast she was. A race between the two of them was definitely something that would need to happen one day. The warrior did the familiar and well known shake that humans chuckled at when dog's did it. Once Taru's saliva was gone from his fur he walked to her.

"Sorry,"

The male shook his head again and gently licked her forehead in order to comfort her. There was nothing to apologize for. Instincts were instincts and that alone made them almost impossible to ignore. Taru did not need to take the blame for this because everyone needed to let things out in one form or another. True, Gale could have sustained injury if Taru had aimed higher where his fur was thinner but accidents happen.

"Don't worry about it." Gale shrugged.

Would this show her that he accepted her for who she was? He knew that he did. No matter what sides of her that she showed to him, he would accept them all. She accepted him despite his violent nature and shifting personality; he owed her the same. His haunches hit the ground and he looked at her. It was up to her if she wanted to be alone or talk to him. The male would do what she wanted. However, he lightly poked her cheek which made her "it" once more.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira September 18th 2011, 9:00 pm

A bubbly laugh escaped the females muzzle as he jumped to the side and commented on her new found "strength". "I don't think so" she laughed in reply, her tail flicking gently. Her gaze lifted to the sky as he asked about the rain,"Possibly" she said, inhaling deeply. Her ears swiveled quickly, her head snapping to the side as she heard Silvers howl. She had left? What was this? Disappointment crossed the beta before she swallowed the fact that her cousin had left. Perhaps their paths would cross again in the future? The ebony female could only hope

{very lame but I'm rushing & trying to wrap up Razz}

Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 18th 2011, 10:33 pm

Ice smiled with reply as she felt Codex wrap his tail around her bottom half, "Fine as well, better news is that my paw is nearly healed. Maybe a day or two more and i can function fully on it..." Ice let herself slide gently down beside him, she rested her head upon her paws, the thought and feeling still jabbing at her to tell him how she truly felt; her heart screamed at her to say the words. Ice thought to herself, The three words that are hard to say, but so easy to feel and easily broken... Ice mulled this over for several silent minutes until finally making her choice, pulling all her mind, heart, and confidence together she began to speak, "Codex, I- There's something I wanna tell you... Actually, I've wanted to say it for a while now." With a small pause she breathed in and then spoke softly, "I, like you, a lot. Not just as a friend, but i feel like there's something more... what i guess i'm trying to say is, I love you, as a true mate and well, i need to know if you feel the same..." Ice held her green eyes with Codex's waiting for reply, for the first time in a long time Ices expression gave a hint of fear, yet still held a warm kindness in them, her ears were even tilted back a bit as she waited for answer...
(*gaspy face* Ice is finally asking 'the question'! O.O )

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next