Spirit
Silver
14 posters

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Pack Lands - Page 20 Empty Re: The Pack Lands

Post by Dakota September 18th 2011, 11:23 pm

"Don't worry about it." Gale shrugged.

Taru still felt guilty, keeping her head low for a few more moments. She looked up as she heard a conversation nearby. It seemed as though their game of tag had brought them closer to both Codex and BlackIce. This was odd in it own way, for the female was almost certain that their ears were not meant to hear what BlackIce was about to say.

"Codex, I- There's something I wanna tell you... Actually, I've wanted to say it for a while now." With a small pause she breathed in and then spoke softly, "I, like you, a lot. Not just as a friend, but i feel like there's something more... what i guess i'm trying to say is, I love you, as a true mate and well, i need to know if you feel the same..."

This confession of so-called "love" was irritating to Taru. How the female was bitter of the subject was made obvious through a loud snort. She turned away from the pair, looking towards Gale. "What do you think of love, Gale?" the question was almost a hiss due to all the distaste in her voice. Taru hated thinking of relationships or love or anything of that matter. It was time consuming and dreadful, especially for those who fell for it hard enough to get damaged when they landed. So much time and effort was wasted on something as useless as courtship. No matter how much Taru hated the subject, she did not allow herself to dig inside herself and define the reason why. She knew it. Probably Elysia knew of it, and maybe a few others knew as well. It only took one sting from a bee to know to stay away from the hive.

Her tail lashed in irritation. Taru continued to wait for Gale's reply, wondering if maybe they had the same views. He was a true warrior in the sense of his personality and emotions, but possibly Elysia had changed his idea of love? She was curious as to how meeting her rabbit buddy had affected Gale. It was quite obvious of the mutual attraction to one other, especially considering their magnetic pull to one another. This pull was also easy to spot. It seemed as though the minute Gale had set foot on the territory, he had been speaking with Ely. Of course, this first communication had not been grand in any sense. The tiny Delta ignored this, beginning, as it also meant thinking of Altair, for Gale and him had also interacted when he had first arrived. At the moment, Altair was beneath Taru. He was irritating and obviously not as keen to be her friend as he had been before the blizzard. So, Taru did what she did with all problems, let them be.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 18th 2011, 11:47 pm

"What do you think of love, Gale?"

Gale slightly tilted his head. What did he think of love?Before when Elysia was still around him, he had started to believe that love was something worth it. But before that, love had been a useless emotion that needed to be crushed in order for him to preserve himself. That belief had kept him safe, kept the remaining pieces of his cracked and shattered heart together. As for now, he wasn't completely sure. With Elysia's disappearance, he didn't want love to rule him. It was something that would consume one until they radiated it. Everything was good and pure until the loved one was lost. After that, one would suffer until they finally passed on.

Taru had suffered a broken heart before he had come. Gale remembered his first talk with Elysia. Even though she never comfirmed it, Gale knew that Altair had broken the delta's heart. The reason for the bitterness behind her words was because she was trying to shield herself in order to gather all of the pieces. The warrior felt a stab of sorrow for the fae who was facing him. She was speaking out based on all of that pain. Pain that had been bubbling up within her heart and soul until this moment. If she wanted to take that out on him, he would allow it. He'd rather have it out on the air rather than have them remain buried inside where it would fester.

"Love, is a useless thing. A useless, painful thing." Gale replied quietly. "But it's the closest thing we have to magic."

He leaned forward slightly, his eyes bright with some emotion. "Not every male is like Altair. There is someone out there for you. You just have to keep your eyes open and don't let that pain sway your thoughts on love. Look at me." His green eyes locked on her yellow ones. Pain that could have echoed for a lifetime shone in their depths. "I'm too far gone, but you, you have a chance."
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye September 19th 2011, 12:27 am

"I don't think so" she laughed in reply, her tail flicking gently. Her gaze lifted to the sky as he asked about the rain,"Possibly" she said, inhaling deeply.

Altair had been about to reply with a big smile but it faded when he heard Silver's farewell howl. His eyes reflected his sadness as he looked at his mate. The master scholar was Kira's best friend.

"I'm sorry." He brushed his fur against hers. Hopefully his touch would grant her strength.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 19th 2011, 1:13 pm

(Sorry Acre never continued her and Rune's hunt, Runner :/ I kinda poofed for a while. So she's just under a tree. My last post as Akera.)

Akera sighed from under her tiny pine tree. She had been lying there, thinking, for the past few hours. She had set out to find herself, to live on her own. However, nothing seemed to be going as planned. She thought this had been the pack for her, the cure for her loneliness. But now she felt more alone than ever. The fae did not fit in here and she knew it. But where to go now? Home was out of the question. Her father would likely kill her in a rage. There was nothing left for her there. So the only option would be to move forward, forward and away from the Banishing Winds Pack.

These thoughts did not come quickly; they had been planted in her mind for days. And though it was hard to admit, there was nothing really tying her down here. No best friends, no soul mate, not even many acquaintances. She just felt like an outsider here. So she knew it was time to leave. And today, before she stopped herself. Akera rose to her paws, standing on the pack lands for the last time. No wolf besides her was in sight. She was ready. There was no one she wished or needed to say goodbye to in person. That thought brought a twinge to her heart. She doubted they would notice she was gone. It was just easier for her to slip out without any explanation.

Akera's paws moved slowly across the forest floor, almost sluggish. She walked away, not out of cowardice, but self-respect. She needed to feel needed, and this wasn't the place for it. Reaching the territory border, the russet fae let out a long, loud howl, announcing her leave with no explanation offered. It was just a howl, full of loneliness, but hope for the future. Lowering into silence once again, Akera bolted off into her future, doing what she did best. Run.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira September 19th 2011, 4:56 pm

"I'm sorry." He brushed his fur against hers. Hopefully his touch would grant her strength.

Kira looked to him, no words escaping her muzzle despite how much she tried. Refusing to break down once more she stood on shaky paws, inhaling once more as she recovered from the blow. "Don't be" she said, a small smile on her muzzle to reassure him. "She knows what's best for her, above any one else." she said, her words rolling off her tounge wisely. Did she want Silver to stay? Without a doubt. But the beta knew that asking her to stay would be selfish. After all, her friend was no longer the small pup she remembered from the past but was now an adult. Fully capable of making her own educated decisions. The ebony female would always have the precious memories to hold dearly to her, as would Silver, and that could never tear them apart.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 19th 2011, 8:42 pm

"Love, is a useless thing. A useless, painful thing." Gale replied quietly. "But it's the closest thing we have to magic."

Taru could not have agreed more. She found herself smiling with selfish joy over the discovery of someone with her same ideals. They would be good friends indeed. This idea that love was truly a useless, painful thing was almost comforting to the tiny female. She was content in her own sense until Gale spoke up again.

He leaned forward slightly, his eyes bright with some emotion. "Not every male is like Altair. There is someone out there for you. You just have to keep your eyes open and don't let that pain sway your thoughts on love. Look at me." His green eyes locked on her yellow ones. Pain that could have echoed for a lifetime shone in their depths. "I'm too far gone, but you, you have a chance."

But then again, what did Gale know? She found herself in doubt as he looked into her eyes. The female didn't like this; too much was hidden within the depths of her sight. Taru shifted away from him, still trying to find an escape from his words. What did he know of Altair? Or of what had happened between them? She felt a snarl pull at her jaws. Why was Gale saying this? He didn't understand. The female frowned, ears pulling back in a weak submission. It would be difficult, but Taru was determined to pull off a great lie. "Altair is great, what are you talking about?" the words played from her tounge like music notes off a broken string, full of false identitity and useless meaning. She looked away from him, lowering herself to the ground to sleep. It had bee na tiring day, and without Elysia's endless energy to feed off of, she was growing tired quickly. Taru shifted, settling back down in the sunlight.

The sun was reguvinating in a way. Thoughts of Altair were too tiring for Taru, and hiding the emotions the way she had promised herself after it had happened was a task. It was a chore the tiny Delta had created for herself, always finding a way to make her life a little easier but harder at the same time. Tail lashing at the insects that lunged from the grass to land on her flank, the female waited for Gale to decided on actions to chose. No matter what he said, he would not change her mind on the faults of love or relationships.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 19th 2011, 9:18 pm

"Altair is great, what are you talking about?"

"I've studying you enough to know when you are lying." Gale said simply. He was disappointed that Taru attempted to cast him off by lying but he said nothing. If she wanted to do such a thing, he wasn't going to say much more. "He hurt you. He caused you to be bitter about love. You and I are almost the same. Neither of us will ever fall in love. At least you had the chance to. I am not going to change your mind since mine will never waver again."

Gale watched as she lay in the sunlight. It was as if she lacked all the previous energy that had been in her body. Rather than depart, he lay perpendicular to her. His stomach was exposed to the ground and his head fell onto his paws. Green eyes stayed on the dark delta's form. Was she waiting for his next actions? He wasn't going to leave especially not while she was in this state.

"If you want, you can vent about anything to me." He offered her gently. He spoke to her like she was an equal, not a wolf who held a higher status than he. Sometimes wolves higher up liked to be thought of as an individual. "There's so much hidden inside of you, Taru. And so you know," he pulled himself forward and touched her fur with his muzzle. "I'm here for you."

[Lame..]
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 19th 2011, 9:45 pm

"I've studying you enough to know when you are lying." Gale said simply. He was disappointed that Taru attempted to cast him off by lying but he said nothing. If she wanted to do such a thing, he wasn't going to say much more. "He hurt you. He caused you to be bitter about love. You and I are almost the same. Neither of us will ever fall in love. At least you had the chance to. I am not going to change your mind since mine will never waver again."

Gale, please, stop talking, Taru could only form this simple beg in the depths of her mind. She knew he would have seen through her lie. Gale had the power to see through her mask, into the real eyes of her beastly self. Taru hated discussing the past, especially when she wanted to leave it behind. "If we are the same when it comes to this, why do you not feel the pain of discussing it? Can we just let it be?" she replied in a tired voice. Her tail flicked in desperation to leave the topic in the dust. Taru knew that Gale and her were similar, causing them to have a connection Taru rarely had with anyone else.

"If you want, you can vent about anything to me." He offered her gently. He spoke to her like she was an equal, not a wolf who held a higher status than he. Sometimes wolves higher up liked to be thought of as an individual. "There's so much hidden inside of you, Taru. And so you know," he pulled himself forward and touched her fur with his muzzle. "I'm here for you."

This offer to allow her to vent was a relief. However, Taru knew she would probably never share any of her secrets or reveal too much of her true self. When Gale explained that he knew of the things hidden within her, it caused her to tense up. With his touch as a seal of true friendship, Taru could feel her mask crumbling slowly. He was so sincere about his want to be there for her. It almost pained her. She wanted to trust him, but the past with Altair made her weary. "And I'm here for you," Taru replied, flicking her tail to touch his hind paw. The female did not wish to say, but she was rather curious as to who had hurt this kind warriors heart. She would not ask though, out of her own need to drop the subject. "Thank you, Gale," she whispered with a revlieved voice.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 19th 2011, 10:29 pm

"If we are the same when it comes to this, why do you not feel the pain of discussing it? Can we just let it be?"

"I do feel the pain." Gale replied with a sad smile. "And if you do not want to talk about it, I will drop it."

Gale didn't move his muzzle instead, he closed his eyes and focused on her breathing. She had tensed up at his words about the fact that she was hiding things. The tension in her body seemed to ease at his touch. Despite his keen senses, he didn't know if she was looking at him or not. However, he could sense the reluctance that was settled in her. Did she want to trust him? There was a part of him that hoped she did. The two wolves who lay in the forest were far more alike than anyone else could even comprehend. To others, they hid behind masks. When together, those masks crumbled to show what truly was on their minds.

"And I'm here for you. Thank you, Gale,"

Her tail flicked to touch his hind paw. He almost laughed at the feeling. Whoever hadn't heard of a ticklish wolf never met Gale. He only lifted his head for a second so he could playfully nip the delta's tail. If he was correct, she would move it and the sensation that was driving him crazy would vanished. Once again, he lowered his head so it was on Taru's back. Due to her dark fur the sunlight was soaked straight in; she radiated warmth. There was a slight curiosity that he could sense but she seemed hesitant to voice what that curiosity was about. He had a pretty good idea of what it was though.

"It was Lily." The subject dropped after those words were out of his mouth. She wouldn't know who Lily was unless she asked later on. He felt as though Taru could be trusted with his past; he would tell her. Even saying her name was a relief. At least someone else now knew a part of his hidden pain. "And thank you, Taru."
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 19th 2011, 10:49 pm

"I do feel the pain." Gale replied with a sad smile. "And if you do not want to talk about it, I will drop it."

Taru felt hot embarresement flash through her. She had been selfish for a moment, or at least, aware of her selfishness this time. It caused her to feel guilt for not acknowledging Gale's pain that went hand in hand with her own. "I'm sorry," the apology escaped her dark lips before she could stop it. The female was always apologizing, but it was a habit that she found hard to break. Shifting to look at him, she thought she saw a flicker of laughter fade away before it could be expressed. Was Gale.... ticklish? This would have been quite a feat. if it were true. A warrior as mighty as Gale, with a soft spot along his toes. It might be useful for Taru to remember that in the future. A ghostly smile passed across her lips.

"It was Lily."

So Gale would tell her what had happened in the past. Taru felt almost obligated to explain her heartache, but felt he probably knew it already. Elysia was close to the brute, close enough to probably explain what had occured between Altair and Taru. It was a dreaful tale, one of which had a fairly happy ending for the other. With Gale resting along her back, Taru was at peace for the moment. It seemed like the world was completely fine, if it stayed with them bathed in the summer sun and enjoying the company of one another. "Would it be bad to ask what happened between you and Lily?" The female whispered in a shy voice, considering she had wanted to end the conversation, but keep it alive at the risk of hurting Gale. She turned her head to look back at him, head resting below her shoulders. A warm smile split her dark lips, showing a glimpse of white.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 19th 2011, 11:29 pm

"I'm sorry,"

"If you keep saying that, I will end up ripping my ears off." Gale teased quietly. "Or yours, depending on if the elk get hungry."

He felt her start to shift and when she did, he lifted his head slightly so she could move without his added weight. It was by chance that he opened his eyes slightly just enough that he caught her faint smile. Had she figured out his weakness? Probably. Was she planning to use it against him? That was highy possible. Taru was a dangerous one like that. She would probably use his weakness whenever she wanted him to bend to her will.

"Don't even think about it." He warned while flicking her nose with his tail.

"Would it be bad to ask what happened between you and Lily?"

For this, Gale opened his eyes completely. She was asking him in a shy tone. The beast wanted him to rebuff her and fade into the forest shadows. However, its roar was quieter than it had ever been; he simply gave it a mental swipe which silenced it. Taru turned her head to look at him again and a smile was on her face. When he saw that, he decided to tell her that part of his tale.

"Lily was my sister, therefore our hate towards love comes from different sources." Gale started quietly. "She was the jewel of my life, the only light. I loved her as much as a brother could and she claimed to love me the same way. I should have noticed that once our parents died and I . . ." He let his words fade. Would Taru be so accepting as to hear that he slaughtered his own brother? This was a chance he'd have to take. He trusted her impeccably. "I killed our brother that our bond weakened. I was young and stupid; I kept offering her protection and she kept on rebuffing it. I thought that she simply believed she was too old for it; I left her alone. I never would have thought that she and my other brother would have betrayed me like they did." He stopped once more. This time it was because a lump formed in his throat. "We came across a pack and while they were accepted, I was not. I tried to tell Lily about it and she d-drove me away like I was nothing. The female that I loved more than anything decided that I was no longer a brother to her." The warrior flicked his ears. "She always told me that she understood that after our brother's death that I had to do it. She told me she loved me and always would. Those were the last words she said to me before we came across the pack."

When he finished his story, he clenched his teeth. For the entire time he was talking, he was reliving every minutes of his pain; all the emotional wounds he had sustained reopened with a more vicious burn. This was all clearly shown in his eyes and even his facial expressions. What Taru did with this information was up to her. She could break him easily. His soul was in her paws now and he was trusting her not to hurt him.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 20th 2011, 7:51 am

"If you keep saying that, I will end up ripping my ears off." Gale teased quietly. "Or yours, depending on if the elk get hungry."

"Don't even think about it."

Taru looked at Gale, ears peeling back against her head as she began to laugh. It was an exuberant laugh, thick and rich with heavy chuckles. Gale had actually made a joke! This had been something grand. If he could make both of them laugh, it was an accomplishment. She turned to look at him, still laughing softly. This fact that he wished for her not to use his weakness against him made the female playful. Taru growled softly, nipping towards his tail, but it was too far for her teeth to grasp.

"Lily was my sister, therefore our hate towards love comes from different sources." Gale started quietly. "She was the jewel of my life, the only light. I loved her as much as a brother could and she claimed to love me the same way. I should have noticed that once our parents died and I . . ." He let his words fade. Would Taru be so accepting as to hear that he slaughtered his own brother? This was a chance he'd have to take. He trusted her impeccably. "I killed our brother that our bond weakened. I was young and stupid; I kept offering her protection and she kept on rebuffing it. I thought that she simply believed she was too old for it; I left her alone. I never would have thought that she and my other brother would have betrayed me like they did." He stopped once more. This time it was because a lump formed in his throat. "We came across a pack and while they were accepted, I was not. I tried to tell Lily about it and she d-drove me away like I was nothing. The female that I loved more than anything decided that I was no longer a brother to her." The warrior flicked his ears. "She always told me that she understood that after our brother's death that I had to do it. She told me she loved me and always would. Those were the last words she said to me before we came across the pack."

Her mood immediatly solemned out. Taru and Gale were much the same it seemed, more so than she had realized. Anger boiled within her, how could someone do that to Gale? This made her retort in an icy tone and sharp tongue. "Your sister had no right to betray you,"Her these words were more directed to Taru's own brother than towards Gale. In the midst of her anger and sorrow for Gale, she let slip a crucial part of her history, something only Elysia knew. "My brother, Malik, did something similar to that. When our father was killed from Malik's clumsy actions, he blamed me to keep our mother's favor. They both chased me from the territory as if I were a loner," her muscles tensed slightly as she realized her words. Shifting to curl inwards, Taru found her nose close to Gale's chest. It was alright, for the world was pleasant under the shade of the large brute, away from the summer heat. She would have loved to keep it at this. Taru was at peace, settled down beside a true friend without her mask. It was indeed a change.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 20th 2011, 4:07 pm

"Your sister had no right to betray you,"

Taru's words snapped Gale from his thoughts. There was so much bitterness and anger in her voice that the warrior felt it rolling off of the fae in waves. He could tell there was pain and sorrow as well but it was dwindled by the more negative emotions. All of his hurting emotions vanished. Right now, the delta was the one who was hurting far more than he. Something was bothering her. A lot. He opened his jaws to ask if she was alright when she started to speak once more.

"My brother, Malik, did something similar to that. When our father was killed from Malik's clumsy actions, he blamed me to keep our mother's favor. They both chased me from the territory as if I were a loner,"

Gale rubbed his head on Taru's back in a silent apology. She truly was a sweet wolf and for her own brother to do that was unexcuseable. At least his sister hadn't hurt him to maintain a good relationship with their mother. He felt the female tense and curl inwards. Her nose was very close to his chest; with every breath she took it ruffled his fur. In any moment besides this one, he would have left by now. However, Taru was a friend, one who saw and knew and understood. This was the longest time that the warrior had ever gone without wearing his mask that lacked expression. Somehow it felt like a welcome release. There was nothing to hold back and there never would be.

He breathes softly; barely causing her fur to ruffle. The male was aware of everything: the sun beating down on the two as they enjoyed one another's company in the heat, Taru's gentle breathing and heartbeat, and the feeling of belonging. Beforehand, he never thought that he'd even be able to stay with the Banishing Winds due to his reluctance to associate with others. It appeared that that was no longer the case. Speaking with the few wolves who didn't harbour hatred for him was as easy as his breathing.

Perhaps it was a sign that being alone was no longer the life he needed to lead.
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara September 20th 2011, 4:23 pm

Some muffled words came to Maiara’s ears. Not caring to ask what exactly the female was saying, she said nothing. Perhaps, she thought, her silence would be enough to signal to the wolf that she should leave. But no, again the stranger inched closer to her and her pups.
"Pardon for not introducing myself, I am Cinnamon, a new scholar." She called in then curled up in the sun.
“I don’t care who you are,” the alphess snapped, rising into a crouch, her guard hairs rising to tangle with the thread-like roots in the roof the den. Stepping forward towards the entrance where light shone through like the outside of a flame, she paused by the body. “Do you want a job? Is that why you won’t leave me be? Is that why you insist on pestering me and keeping me on edge?” She asked, her voice low like a distant thundering in the sky. “I have no reason to trust you. Less than no reason as you continue to lurk here.” Her voice rose slowly, a rising crescendo as her anger mounted and leapt from her mouth. The sandy female took her fourth pup’s limp body in her teeth, and carried it along out of the den. “If you want a job,” she spat viciously, looking the dark colored female bitterly in the eyes for the first time, “look after this one for me.” with that, she laid her dead daughter at Cinnamon’s feet, and bounded back into the den, her heart hammering like a war drum, wrapping around her children as though her body could protect them as soundly as a wall against the cruelties of the world.

(sorry about getting grounded and being unable to get online to do so, but later tonight I'll post the time lapse)
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 20th 2011, 4:54 pm

May's ears flattened at the alpha harsh words. She didn't get up or say anything, but it puzzled her why she was so snappy. The answer came when the fae dropped a dead pup at the scholars paws. May had to bite her tongue to keep her from gasping. I should go talk to her... but I don't want her to yell at me.

Deciding that it was best to leave the alphaness alone, May simply got up and trotted over to where the dead pup lay. As she passed the den, May glanced inside at the other pups. She couldn't help but smile. They were just too cute. Sitting herself down by the dead pup, she gave the scholar a look that said: You didn't deserve that...

Last edited by May on September 21st 2011, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 20th 2011, 7:47 pm

Codex looked at Ice. She had confessed her true feelings to him. His smiled, his bright blue eyes showing nothing but kindness. "I, I feel the same as well." He curled around her, his rust-colored tail curling tightly around her form. He smiled at her. She looked so beautiful. Some would say she looked like a normal wolf, normal markings, everything. To him, she was far more than just another wolf. Her silvery-brown fur shined to him, and her eyes sparkle. She was absolutely gorgeous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran September 20th 2011, 8:19 pm

Just as a quick reminder to those approching Maiara; I feel a quick reminder of realism is needed here --

"A den is a sacred place and the alpha female won't even allow her mate enter. If the alpha female feels threatened enough by wovles who stray too near, she will injure, or even kill the unsuspected threat. While most mothers will choose a selected few to care for her pups when she is unable to watch them, the den will usually stay stricly to the mother and her young."

@May: I please ask that you edit your post just to prevent any further drama or Maiara explosions in the future. Thanks!
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 20th 2011, 10:08 pm

Ice felt her heart thump harder then go light as a falling leaf when Codex answered,
"I, I feel the same as well."
In a instant she found herself burying her head into his warm chest, she whispered into his fur, "I love you, forever and for always, Codex." Ice had never felt like this for anyone or anything else, she let her head rest lightly on his side, her silver-brown fur mixed with his beautiful red fur, and when she met Codex's eyes she couldn't help but be caught in their energetic trance; to Ice no other wolf could make her happier than Codex could...

(sorry for a delayed post, i am currently drowning in homework and tests, and am not catching enough sleep. -_-'' so if my next posts suck you now know why)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 20th 2011, 10:19 pm

(Thanks Soran!)

For quite some time, Taru was at peace beneath the summer sun. Her head was shielded from the brutal rays, allowing the female's brain to avoid the stuffy, soffcating heat. Yes, sometimes this pleasent feeling of warmth seeping into the skin was too much for the dark coated Taru to withstand. Sometimes the tiny Delta could feel herself slipping behind her mask, especially in the heat of the day. When the heat was enough to stifle her thoughts, she withdrew to try and retrieve them from the steamy mess that became her mind. Her eyes shifted to look towards Gale, who rested in silence. His inaudible apology was enough to keep the moment stable. Taru's emotions settled down, mask placed to the side due to lack of use. And the female was perfectly ok with it.

She yawned, looking towards the area of the forest that concealed Maiara's den. Taru wondered what was going on in there or around it. Concealed by trees, it was hard to get a grasp on the situation. She hoped no one was near the entrance, for either Maiara or Rune would kill them. A threat was a threat, whether they knew it or not. Maiara would not be the one to take her pups lightly, creating an unstable mess of emotions and instinct. Taru continued to watch the shadows in silence. How dearly she wished to melt away into them and never be found.

(lame x.x)
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 20th 2011, 10:19 pm

He smiled deeply at her words, and licked her ear. "I love you too." He never thought this would happen before. He had finally felt true love. He loved her, and vowed to always stand at her side.... always. He nuzzled her, as he thought 'It was always meant to be this way. From the first time we met, it was meant to be.'. Birds chirped in the background, as today he was the happiest he ever was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara September 20th 2011, 10:23 pm

XD Thanks Soap

----------
Anyhow, since it's very long overdue, we'll assume that all that was going on in the rp was neatly wrapped up. For realism's sake, the two characters near the den got away with a few (luckily) minor injuries which have since healed--sorry guys! It is now two weeks ahead. Spring is green and wonderfully sunny. The pups are preparing to exit the den for the first time.
----------
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 20th 2011, 11:24 pm

(So, since it has been 2 weeks I shall say that Ices paw has fully healed then. ^^ Just lettin' ya guys know.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the past two weeks Ices paw had fully recovered and she was able to run about as usual, one could tell she was happy about this since she began to take her scouting duty more often than necessarily needed. Ice however, enjoyed the extra running about. Currently she sat on her haunches beside her mate, Codex, even though she loved to run about, running without him beside her felt like a constant stinging inside her. As Ices gaze wandered over many of the members, she didn't know many of them, the most she had met weren't the best of being sociable, except Codex of course. Many times Ice watched as Taru; the pack delta, pass without a word or even a cold glance. A small thought began to brew in Ices head, should she apologize for her past behavior? And what of the male that had been with Taru, the brute was on the verge of attacking both Ice and Codex for no apparent reason at all. These things, Ice thought, would have to be resolved, she certainly didn't want to make a bad image of herself. Caught into deep thought Ices body became still, only the small twitches of her ears and tail moved about on their own accord.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 12:00 am

Makya was going to be the very first to leave the den. He would go before his sisters, even before Mother. It was his duty, his right. He didnt know much about pack life, but that didnt mean he knew nothing at all. Makya had been watching, he was watching right now. He was crouched near the entrance of the den - invisible from the outside. But his little eyes were narrowed. He had watched for some time. There was a grayish male who walked around like he was perpetually angry. Mother said he was Father, but Makya wasnt so sure about that. His eyes darted to a larger chocolatey male who was always in the company of a silvery female. This male (Soran) looked brave, strong and muscular - everthing that Makya was, and would become. Makya had decided that this male was Father. Makya liked him best.

He had tried telling Mother that, but she hadnt been too happy. She said that the other male's name was Soran, and he was something called an Uncle. Makya didnt care if Soran called himself an Uncle. He could be an Uncle and a Father right? But apparently not according to Mother. She said he wasnt ALLOWED to pick his Father. He thought he was. He liked the other male better anyways. He didnt look so angry. But there was also a third male, even bigger than Uncle-Father(Soran). This one hung around the outskirts. Everytime Small-Father (Rune), saw this male, he got that mad look on his face. Makya didnt like this male (Gale) as much as Uncle-Father, but he looked stronger and more manly than Small-Father. Makya had decided this male would be his Father-In-Training(Gale). So then if Uncle-Father decided to get a new son, Makya could move on to his Back-Up-Father(Gale).

Makya crouched in the dirt, wiggling around excitedly. Mother said they would be leaving the den soon - him, Mother, and his two sisters. He glanced over his shoulder. He had one small sister - she laughed at him a lot. She said things that confused him and used words he couldnt understand. Then there was the other sister - even smaller than the first sister. She didnt really say much at all. He smiled. He liked sitting on his sisters. Even at this young age, Makya was much larger than his two sisters. But Priedu had a nasty shoving habit. Makya wrinkled his nose, peering around for Mother. He didnt like being more than two feet away from Mother at any given moment, or for a long period of time.

Makya scrabbled down further into the den, yipping quietly as he located Mother in the darkness. He buried himself in her fur, clambering over her paws and tail. As he did, he chattered away in her ear. "Are we going out soon Mother? Can I be the first? I want to be first. You have to promise okay? You cant break promises. Priedeu says that would make you a -" Makya paused. He couldnt remember the long word his sister had used, so simplified. "-bad guy." Makya paused his climbing around, sitting on Mother's back. He tilted his head, pawing at Mother's neck. "Are you sure I cant pick Father? I like Uncle-Father best. Small-Father is always angry looking. But Father-In-Training is really big. Cant Uncle-Father be my Father? Do I have more Mothers too? Can I pick my Mother?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 12:13 am

Ash decided to go and see the pups. She was nervous unsure if the pack would understand her personality but she held her head high and trotted over to the pups den.

Ash reached the den but stopped feeling out of place she thought Should I go in or not ? She debated with herself and decided not to ask to see the pups. She walked away hoping to meet more of her pack mates.

(I'm still getting the hang of things here people)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 21st 2011, 12:17 am

Gale woke from a deeper slumber, his brain instantly alert of all the movement that was taking place. A flank rose and fell as it breathed gently; fur brushed his own for a moment before disappearing. Taru's still sleeping form was curled up in a ball as she slept. Two weeks had passed since he and Taru shared part of their tales to one another and in those two weeks, they had become almost inseparable. The only time that they weren't in one another's company was when the delta went to speak with the majority of the pack. The warrior still had a massive distrust and hatred towards all of the others; he would sit in the shadows and would wait for Taru to return to him.

The two had gone close to Maiara's den once a few days ago and it was then that he first caught sight of the young pups. Four had been born but only three remained at the moment. The eldest, a male called Makya had seemed startled at his massive size. Rune quickly made Gale leave due to his remaining reluctance to lessen his dark aura. It didn't matter anyway. Soon enough, Gale would be able to meet the pups and perhaps even show Rune and Maiara that they could trust him around their young ones.

Gale smiled at Taru's still sleeping form. Just yesterday she had been bouncing around asking him to hunt with her again. He didn't bend to her will because he wanted to, he bent because she exposed his weakness and tickled his toes until he was forced to surrender. They hunted successfully and called for Rune to take the prey to his mate. Taru had grown excited in the fact that they brought down a bull on their own which was a feat on its own; she raced through the forest full of laughter. He had followed her and they ended up under this tree. Somehow, they managed to talk almost all night before falling asleep.

Now the early sunlight was shining on his multi-hued fur. Even though Taru dispised love, she adored pups. It was by her request that he would wake early. She wanted to be the first to see the pups take their first steps in the outside world. Parting his jaws in a massive yawn, he started to prod the resting delta.

"Wake up, you." He murmured. "If you want to see the pups, you have to wake up. They might take their first steps by the time you get your furry rump off the ground."

Last edited by Gale on September 21st 2011, 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next