Kira
Spirit
Silver
14 posters

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Pack Lands - Page 21 Empty Re: The Pack Lands

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 12:24 am

Ash looked around then decided to take a nap she was tired and her feet were sore. Ash layed on her side smelling and listening to all the happenings around the camp. Eventually ash fell asleep. Her body needed it. At one moment ash took a deep breath and she woke up with a start. A new smell of a new wolf flooded her nose. A pack mate most certainly. It was in her blood she got up and walked over to where to other wolves were. Ash sighed thinking "I could have had more time to sleep if my nose just did not catch the secent" She walked away muttering to her self and chose a shady spot to rest for a while to relax her sore bones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye September 21st 2011, 12:40 am

Altair stretched his mouth open in a loud yawn. The brute stayed up all night and spent his time watching Kira as she slept. Lately he couldn't sleep and when he did it was full of nightmares. Something was bothering him but he couldn't put his paw on what.

It couldn't be Gale. The large male had finally been allowed to join the pack thanks to Rune and was spending an enormous amount of time with Taru. Altair hadn't spoken with his best friend for quite a while now and sometimes he wondered if he could even call her that anymore. Too much had changed between them it seemed.

"Good morning sunshine." He said to no one in particular as he looked up at the sky.

Today would be the the first day for the pups to venture out of the den with Maiara. He decided against going since his massive stature might startle them but if he was requested to go, he would. Therefore if Kira wanted him to be there with her, he would be.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 1:28 am

Ash woke with a start. She had been dreaming a dream she had had since she was a pup. Its was of her and her pack and them congratulating her on being an alpha. She sighed wondering what it all meant. Ash licked her fur clean so she looked suitable if she was able to see the pups. Unsure of what to do now she set off talking to a couple of wolves and stopped at one remembering hearing his name being said somewhere. Ash shook it off and went back to her shady spot. She rubbed on the tree telling other wolves this is her spot.

Ash waited for anyone to come say hello. She was too shy to even venture close to the wolves and say hi. She had to build up her courage soon or she would be at the bottom of the heap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver September 21st 2011, 7:16 am

The herbalist appeared then, walking comfortably into the sunlight that streamed effortlessly through the branches of trees. A few herbs, holding many vitamins and such, dangled loosely from her mouth as she walked. She had a plan, to ask the alpha female if she would like one to take the liberty of giving her herbs and supplements regularly. This was the way of her old pack, caring for not only the young but the old and the child-bearing. So, the fae was here, walking nearer to the den's clearing with flowers and stems and leaves and roots all tangled together. Unfortunately, Linnëa knew very well that absolutely none of the herbs she had currently tasted good. And there was why she actually came, because some strong scented and tasted mint was right next to the den. Her kind, though slanted and slightly odd eyes moved as others arrived, and a small welcoming smile appeared on the khaki fae's face. Stopping at the very edge of the smaller, marked clearing that was tread on quite a bit, she dropped the herbs and trotted by the perimeter, smelling for the herb she sought.

Her head then disappeared beneath the tall grass as she dove for the mint, reappearing a few seconds later with her prize. Returning to her pile of herbs, she set them above, noticing with a slight sliver of pride that the horrible scent dulled noticably. Then, her attention caught a white fae marking a tree as if the loner owned here. A snarl of warning was let loose, and she did not hesitate to walk straight up to the female, and promptly shove her off the tree.

"This tree and territory are home of the Banishing Winds Pack. I suggest you don't go marking our territory like so. " she snapped.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Pack Lands - Page 21 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Pack Lands - Page 21 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 8:26 am

Deya's tiny ears perked as she heard a voice. A certain voice to be exact. One that was very familiar to her. She shook her head in grogginess, trying to fall back asleep. But then she heard Makya's words. Her grey eyes snapped open and she sprung to her feet. Today was the day. The day they would leave the den. Immediately her tail started wagging. Deya had been waiting for this for a long time. Every day she would sit in front of the den entrance and watch the outside world. It was all so stunning to her, so many sounds, so many colors. She sat there in wonder of it all, but was never allowed to touch it. Today was her chance.

Deya shoved her way to the front of the den, squeezing past Momma's large body and making sure to give her mom a quick lick along the way. In her eyes, Momma and Daddy were the best. They were here favorite wolves in the world, though she hadn't met too much of Daddy yet. But the little pup couldn't wait. Today, she could finally play with Daddy, away from the stinky old den. The little fae looked back to Momma. Apparently she was still sleeping. Well, not for long! Deya ran up the tan tail onto Momma's giant back, right next to Makya. She bypassed him and climbed onto Momma's head, flopping down on top. She started to ramble away. "Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma! Wake up! It's time, it's time, it's time! I wanna go see the sun. I wanna see Daddy! Wake up, wake up!"

Deya took a giant breath. Her little muzzle broke out into a smile again as she pushed her way back to Makya. He was already positive he was to be the first one out. Frankly, Deya didn't care who went out first. As long as she got to get out, she would be happy. She just stared out of the entrance from her position on top of Momma's back, trying to wait. But Momma was just taking too long! Deya huffed impatiently, opening her chatterbox mouth again.. "Momma? I can't wait anymore! Can we go out now? Pleeeeease?" She drew out her words, desperation leaking into them. "It's all so pretty. And there are so many more things to look at than in the boring den. It's just dirt, dirt, dirt. I want more, more, more." The little pup continued looking out of the den. Before long, Daddy came into view.

Deya loved Daddy more than anything. Well maybe not Momma. She wanted to be just like Momma when she grew up. So they were tied. She spent good parts of her days watching Daddy walk around outside the den. Makya didn't like him much, but she found him wonderful! He was strong, big, and brave. All she wanted to do was play with him. And today was the day. The tiny tan pup paced back and forth on Momma's back, trying to contain her excitement, but to no avail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 10:35 am

Ash smelled the wolf immediately. Her hackles raised a bit with the warning. She spoke to the wold calmly but a little bit of a snarl rose from her chest"I am from your pack. I am ash" The female wolf Bared her teeth trying to protect her resting area.

This was quick I will add later)

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver September 21st 2011, 11:02 am

Linnëa's eyelids dropped with boredom at the fae, she was beginning to be ridiculous about her 'resting spot'. All pack territory, as far as she knew, was public. No other wolf could really claim a spot as their own and only theirs. The female rolled her eyes, becoming more and more irritated at the moment. The white female's blatant disregard of pack hierarchy was not only silly but annoying. Linnëa was master scholar, a lead rank, though she did not tell anyone. Only the higher ranks new and perhaps even the other lead ranks, for Linnëa was not big headed, gloating, or any of those. She did not enjoy barking her high rank to everyone unless needed. She sat down, right outside the female's 'resting spot' and stared at her ear in an attempt to discomfort her. However, after long she grew bored of the amusing stare and looked at the female right in the eyes.

"Oh, stop your nonsense. None can claim a spot of the pack's as their own, including you. " She retorted, stomping a foot in the female's small circle. Then, promptly, she got up and loped back to her herbs. Her entire form simply slumped to the ground, her back paws folded neatly on each side. Her brown tail curled around her, and her front paws were as well neatly placed before her. After a few moments, she shifted to one side, her tail then being draped across her feet. One front leg began to stretch before her, the other beneath her head like a pillow. Her ears then folded back and her eyes closed as she began to nap.

(This is how Khaki sleeps xD)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Pack Lands - Page 21 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Pack Lands - Page 21 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 2:13 pm

Tegan's eyes snapped open. He was still breathing heavily, his chest rising up and down rapidly. He looked around, finally realizing he wasn't still in the past. A long yawn ran through his body, signifying his lack of sleep. The male stretched his immense legs in front of him. He untangled his limbs from the curled up ball he was in. He found himself in a wood, the spring breeze waving the old trees.

Tegan looked to his right, seeing a small silver wolf lying not too far away. Kaiana had warmed up to him surprisingly fast and they decided to continue their journey together. Once she got over the intital hesitations, the fae was actually rather pleasant. Though he did not admit, he liked her company. He had been alone for too long. After winning her over, the brute lapsed back into his sarcastic and rather arrogant state. He was nicer to her than most though, mainly because she was so soft-spoken.

He and Kaiana had been wandering the land for a long while. Though there was no sign of them, Tegan could tell there was a pack nearby. He was on a mission to find them. Not like he needed a pack. But it was a change and a challenge he wished to accept. They weren't far now. He could feel it.

Lugging himself to his feet, the golden brute walked a few large steps over to his companion. He towered over her, looking down at her sleeping form. Bringing a huge paw forward, he gently poked her shoulder slightly. He waited for her eyes to open. When he saw the ashy grey orbs, Tegan took in a big breath and said, "Boo.", then sat down rather accomplished.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiana September 21st 2011, 2:35 pm

"Boo.", then sat down rather accomplished.

Kaiana leapt upwards, her fur bristling with the shock of being awoken so abruptly. Her heart beat fast and she unleashed a yelp. When she realized it was Tegan she settled down on her haunches. She wasn't ready to be awake, not yet. The Huntress lowered her eyelids in a glare. Silver fur flashed as she leapt at Tegan in a tackle. The momentum she gained in her leap wasn't enough for her for force him to the ground; she ended up winding herself. Growling with frustration, Kaiana backed away from her companion with a lashing tail.

"You know not to wake me up like that!" Kaiana snapped as she walked back to him again and started to push on his chest.

It would take the younger fae a while before she fully woke; her condition would make her crabby and dominant. Faintly, she wondered if she even told Tegan about it. She knew that she did though since if she hadn't she wouldn't have snapped at him like she did.

The two had been travelling together since they met. Kaiana practically jumped at the chance to go with the male as soon as he made the offer. The she-wolf actually took to him quickly despite him reverting back to his other self. Even if he insisted that the sarcastic side of him was the real him, she refused to believe it. It was the real him who had spoken to her on that day when they met.
Kaiana
Kaiana
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 3:03 pm

"You know not to wake me up like that!"

Tegan chuckled loudly as Kaiana pushed on his chest, trying with no avail to knock him over. He just let her take her anger out on him; it's not like it hurt or anything. The male stood there, looking down at her frustrating, snarling face. "But it's just too much fun to resist!" He chuckled again before continuing. "Are you quite finished yet? You know that your attacks will do nothing against my mighty muscles." A smirk graced his features.

With a mischievous glint in his eye, Tegan swiftly yet gently pinned the small, growling fae to the ground, keeping her there. He spoke softly with that smirk still on his face. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the ground, eh? Chill out, little one." The brute knew these words would just fuel the fire of her discontent. But he couldn't resist. And in his eyes, she was little.

"Now, Miss Grumpypants, if I let you go, will you stop attacking my awesomely gorgeous self?" With another small smirk, Tegan lifted his large paws, setting the seething wolf free. He sat down in front of her, still way above her head, and waited for the fae's wrath.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiana September 21st 2011, 3:38 pm

"But it's just too much fun to resist!" He chuckled again before continuing. "Are you quite finished yet? You know that your attacks will do nothing against my mighty muscles."

That made Kaiana even angrier; the young she-wolf just bristled even more. The sound of his laughter echoed deep in her eardrums and the young fae narrowed her ashen eyes. She was slowly starting to wake up but that didn't do anything yet. Her silver coloured tail lashed with frustration. Why must she be so tiny in size? If she were larger, Tegan would easily be taken down by her weight. Then again if she were larger, she wouldn't have needed his protection and that means they may not have met. Suddenly the fae found herself on the ground. One of Tegan's massive paws were on her chest and successfully pinning her to the earth.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the ground, eh? Chill out, little one."

A smirk formed on Tegan's face as he spoke to her. Since she was unable to move she simply stared at him and lashed her plumy tail. Ashen eyes narrowed as he called her 'little one'. Granted she was much smaller than him but why did he get to call her such a name? When she got out of this . . .

"Now, Miss Grumpypants, if I let you go, will you stop attacking my awesomely gorgeous self?"

Tegan finally stepped off of her and sat down. He actually had to angle his head downwards so he could look at her. Quickly she rolled and stood upright her ears flat against her skull. Her plume flicked his nose as she sat down. It took her several minutes but now she was awake. Her mind was clear and as she realized what she did, her mouth dropped.

"I'm so sorry!" She lowered herself into her familiar submissive pose. Even though she knew that he would never hurt her, she still couldn't break free of the habit.
Kaiana
Kaiana
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 3:52 pm

"I'm so sorry!"

To some, the mood swing would have shocked them. But Tegan was used to it. This was basically what every morning went like. He learned to avoid Kaiana in the first five minutes of her awakening. But sometimes, it was just too much fun to resist. However, he did not like to see the fae in her submissive position. Sometimes it shocked him how nice she was. How soft-spoken and apologetic. He annoyed the living daylights out of her, yet she apologized for what? Snarling a bit and pouncing on him? He shook his large head in amazement.

"Kaiana, sometimes you amaze me. You were forgiven from the moment you acted. You know I was joking around. When do I not?" He nudged her with his nose, having to bring it down a foot or two to reach her. "Come on, up we go. I'm gonna break that habit of yours someday." And he was determined. For some reason, Tegan really wanted to win that little wolf's trust. Though she was close, he knew there was still a reservation or two. Or maybe just old habits die hard.

In a way, the brute was a different wolf around her. Sometimes he surprised himself. Maybe it was how innocent and gentle she was, maybe it was because she was the first wolf he had met in months. But Tegan's usual obnoxious personality was rather toned down around her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon September 21st 2011, 4:09 pm

(Bit left behind)

Cinnamon's eyes flickered open. Slowly she rose to her feet, shaking the dust off her coat. Apprehensively she glanced over at the den, just in time to see one of the pups poke its nose out then duck back in. She smiled softly with memory of her own litter then trotted off into the forest

Kaiana, sometimes you amaze me. You were forgiven from the moment you acted. You know I was joking around. When do I not?". "Come on, up we go. I'm gonna break that habit of yours someday."

Cinnamon walked forward to confront the pair of wolves, her head and hackles high "Who are you and what are you doing in our territory?" she challenged
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 4:57 pm

Ears flickered on a copper head, and Josh pressed his muzzle into the air as strange scents filled his nostrils. The two wolves had walked straight past the shrubbery he had been hiding behind. The brute felt no urge to attack them, he felt no urge to attack anything for that matter. Instead, he just watched as they pressed on; oblivious. A part of the wolf felt immensely pleased as they did pace away from him. His smile swiftly disappeared with the arrival of a pack member.

Standing from his hooded area, he took a few steps to stand with the pair. He wasn't a member of the pack either, so felt if he ever had a time to join; it would be with these two strangers. He turned to the fae in front of him and blinked softly, furrowing his brows.
"We come to join." He spoke with a strong voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver September 21st 2011, 5:05 pm

"Well, join you may. We accept members, though there may be a wait. " Linnëa spoke, pulling herself from the bushes of the forest and passing by Cinnamon. Her demeanor was kind, though cautious of the wolves she did not know. She was relaxed, for the two wolves showed no anger, dominance, no reason for her to act dominant or such silly things. A smile appeared on a muzzle with already smiling eyes above it, her grey blue eyes staring kindly into theirs. She stopped her relaxed walk before them, standing just in front of Cinnamon. Even if they were not kindly visitors, she knew she could defend herself from them.

The khaki female sat down appropriately, displaying her slight higher rank than Cinnamon with just a bit more posture. Her lightly arched neck gave her an intelligent gaze, her long ears pricked forward and slightly slanted eyes gleaming in the sun.

"So, whom are you?" She asked them.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiana September 21st 2011, 5:12 pm

"Kaiana, sometimes you amaze me. You were forgiven from the moment you acted. You know I was joking around. When do I not?" He nudged her with his nose, having to bring it down a foot or two to reach her. "Come on, up we go. I'm gonna break that habit of yours someday."

Kaiana shyed away slightly when Tegan nudged her with his nose. She still wasn't used to physical contact that wouldn't lead to her being harmed. She did regulate her position until she was standing properly. She flashed him a warm smile and had just opened her mouth to speak when the snarls of another sent her into a fear fueled frenzy.

"Who are you and what are you doing in our territory?" she challenged.

The Huntress lowered herself and put her tail between her legs. Her ash-coloured eyes were full of fear and she felt herself back up until she collided with Tegan's legs. Since she was in a flight state, she yelped like she'd been beaten. Whimpers escaped her muzzle as she lowered herself until her belly was brushing along the ground. If the she-wolf in front of her attacked, Kaiana would surely run. Yet another joined the group; the younger fae whimpered loudly.

"We come to join." He spoke with a strong voice.

Who was this new male? He was tall like Tegan but slightly shorter than the latter. His fur was a brick red that was mixed with many different shades of grey. His orange-yellow eyes were the most startling feature about him. Her gaze was torn off of him as yet another joined. The newest other was a female with fur colouration she'd never seen before. Her eyes were kind but Kaiana still lowered herself until she was no longer standing. No one could be trusted completely. Anyone could cause harm.

"Well, join you may. We accept members, though there may be a wait. " Linnëa spoke, pulling herself from the bushes of the forest and passing by Cinnamon. "So, whom are you?" She asked them.

Despite her kind words, Kaiana couldn't bring herself to speak. It was as if her throat was closed shut. Her heart beat loudly in her ears and she lowered them. It was beating so hard that she was sure everyone would be able to pick up the sound of it. By now, her tail was right against her belly; there was no way the she-wolf could be any more submissive that she already was. Ash coloured eyes closed and she waited for the pain of fangs that was surely going to come.
Kaiana
Kaiana
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 6:03 pm

Ash walked away from the others and walked inside of the territory alone. She felt alone and out of place here in her pack. She picked up a slow trot quickly staying away from her packs mates for a while

She returned smiling. No one noticed her return and ash lowered her ears and walked to the spot she had marked as her resting area.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira September 21st 2011, 6:21 pm

Kira slowly woke, still slightly dazed as she moved herself to a sitting position. A large yawn escaped her jaws and she blinked several times before realizing Altair was wide awake yet again. "Please tell me you got some sleep" she said, her ears flattening.

Every day she woke, she found him sitting there exhausted. One's mind can travel many ways, and she was significantly concerned for him. Was it that he felt the need to watch over her? Or perhaps that he simply could not sleep? Whichever answer it brought on a load of relative questions, all beginning with the ever so frequent question of Why?

A small smile crossed her muzzle as she let the questions seize. Whatever the reason, he would tell her in time. And that alone was enough to settle her thoughts for now.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota September 21st 2011, 8:34 pm

"Wake up, you." He murmured. "If you want to see the pups, you have to wake up. They might take their first steps by the time you get your furry rump off the ground."

Taru was hesitant to open her eyes. A dull ache that made her body sore from yesterdays hunt did not go over well. She found herself gingerly allowing the morning sun to work its way past her eyelids, barely opening them a crack. It took a long moment to work out Gale's words. This, however, got her attention completely. In a few seconds, Taru was on her toes, body stretching calmly in a desperate effort to wake herself up. They had to be first to see the pups, had to! If they weren't Taru would be devastated. She turned to Gale, instantly remembering their wonderful time they had spent together the last few weeks. It was a nice change to have another friend that was as close to her as Elysia. Come to think of that female, Taru was surprised she hadn't seen her in so long. It caused a seed of worry to plant itself within her chest.

The tiny Delta pressed her nose to Gale's flank, snorting as she spoke, "Come on, your going to make us late." She laughed wildly, knowing very well that it was her who had slept in. Her eyes scanned the territory as she nudged him along. When they snagged on the picture of Kira and Altair, it caused a lapse in laughter to occur, almost as though she had run out of air. It had been great to just be with Gale and not worry about wearing her mask to disguise her emotions. He had been open to her true self. The disgust she found herself feeling in seeing this brute wavered, swallowed down as she turned back to Gale. She wondered what Altair thought of their slowing dieing friendship. Well, he had been the one to drive home the fatal blow. When he had left with only saying good-bye to Kira and snapping at her before his departure, it had created a wedge that Taru acknowledged with her distest that boiled deep in her chest.

"Gale, do you think anyone has beat us there?" Taru whined like she was one of Maiara's pups herself. It was a funny voice, high-pitched and innocent. However, it was full of real emotion. The delta was truly stressed about being there first. As they continued to move through the shadows towards the den, the stench of loners in the air made her nose crinkle. Why were so many wishing to join, when the pups were so new? It was obviously a threat, something Taru did not wish to deal with. If any of them came to close to the den however, they would see the ugly side of the tiny female. The one that had no problem with ripping through flesh and fighting away strangers from the densite. She shifted, pulling closer to Gale as a sense of backup. If she was outnumbered or outmatched, he would always be there to win it all. Her fur pressed tightly against his, she walked on.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune September 21st 2011, 8:48 pm

Rune listened quietly to the distant conversations held by others as he settled himself near a towering pine. There he relaxed both his mind and his muscles as his tail flicked with a sense of pure untamed freedom. However, this calm like state had only been reached with the passing of a few weeks and the letting go of Gale’s disturbing presence. Moreover, this was only thanks to the constant thought of seeing his pups step foot out of the den in which had confound them and protected them during their early growth. Yes, it would be any day now perhaps even today…that they would venture out into the open and see for the first time the faces of all those who belonged to the Banishing Winds Pack.

And in turn, those members would be able to see for the first time as would he for that matter what the little balls of fluff looked like and how they acted around each other. That was perhaps the thing Rune looked forward to the most! Quietly and with a soft, smile he rest his large head against his cream colored paws and watched the entrance of the den intently with his golden eyes.

(Eh, it is horrible...I'm thinking I may change somethings about Rune...or perhaps even switch characters. ^-^)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 9:22 pm

The playful male saw his mate itching to get on her paws and do some scouting. He smiled joyfully at her and asked, "I'm guessing you wanna go scout. So, let's go!" He jumped up and raced off. The wind whipped his face, as his tongue lolled out of his mouth. His eyes were half-open, stinging from the fast wind, but he didn't mind. He reached out, extending his legs and grabbing the ground. His ribs seemingly rippled from his coat pulling out by his legs. His tail lay limp, trailing behind him. The sun reflected on his blue eyes, as he was very, very happy. He looked over his shoulder to see if the beautiful Ice was following.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara September 21st 2011, 9:42 pm

Maiara awoke to the sporadic trampling of tiny paws over her body. Although it could be viewed as a startling situation to wake to--what with Deya chattering away, and Makya already asking questions as the two roosted on top of her-- it only gave the female fresh joy, a laugh bubbling past her lips.
“Well perhaps if the two of you weren’t such naughty pups, pinning your mother down before she could even defend herself, we would be out there already,” she scolded lightly, tilting her head so that Deya slid slowly off of it, tumbling the short distance to the ground.

“If you want so badly to get out of the den first Makya, you’ll have to be fast. But you’re a strong man, I know you can do it,” she confided to the tiny bundle that still remained planted in her fur, before a quiet, exasperated smile seized her mouth, “And no, you can’t pick father. He has already picked you. He leapt mightily up into a tall tree and plucked you each from its branches like fruit, and he said to me, “this one will be a strong, caring man. And these two,”’ she gestured to Deya and Pyrideu, “’will be beautiful, independent women,”…and you, my little man, are a poor judge of who is small when you are the perfect size to be pinned under one paw.” Maiara said casually, her brow raised to see what his thoughts were to that,

“And you most certainly cannot pick your mother, not when I gave…you nurturing like constant rain from the first day of your life.” she said with a wry smile, catching herself, and continuing to spin her tale, “When your father picked you from that great, towering tree, I said to him, “Yes, they will be all of those things, and much more. And the pack will love them so much, they’ll have no trouble making friends with the pack so they won’t need replacement mothers and fathers. And their Uncle Soran will love them so much!” You see, your Uncle Soap used to be a boat that would float and swim on the surface of lakes, but then he decided to come onto land and be a wolf along with your father and me and you.” The alphess said, telling the little story as though it were a little piece of wonderful gossip.

“Now if you would just get off my back, perhaps you can go meet your Uncle, and ask him about all that.” she suggested offhandedly, knowing all too well the eagerness that all of the pups had to take their first venture outside the den’s walls. Their energy seemed to bounce and fizz in the air, and she couldn’t stop the grin that came onto her face. She felt as much anticipation for their adventure as though she were the one taking her first steps into the world.

(XD That was too much fun to write)
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 10:18 pm

Makya perked his ears. Grinning smugly as Deya tumbled down from Mother's head. He got to stay because he was the best and the strongest. He puffed out his chest, scrambling down from Maiara's back. According to Mother, he was a fruit. He wasnt sure if he liked being a fruit. And he still wanted Uncle-Father as his father. Maybe if he got back in the tree that Small-Father picked him from, Uncle-Father could re-pick him. Yes. Makya was a genious. All he had to do was find the tree. Makya looked around. Mother said he could be first if he was fastest. Tripping over his own paws ans scattering dirt and clumps of mud in his wake, Makya sprinted awkwardly towards the entrance of the den. Without stopping to catch his breath and smooth out his fur, he burst from the den.

Makya, however, had not seen a small clump of grass outside the den. In his haste, his paws caught up and he crashed to the ground, rolling in a gray-cream bundle of stupid fur. He landed awkwardly, picking himself up and shaking out his fur. He glanced around. Many of the big wolves had gathered - including Father-In-Training. Uncle-Father was no where to be seen. And Small-Father was under a tree. Makya stood for a moment, staring around him. He turned in a small circle, feeling tiny. He wrinkled his nose, puffing out his chest importantly. He was a man - that's what Mother said. And he was going to find his tree.

He glanced at the tiny female that always followed Father-In-Training around. She looked small - he could probably defeat her right? He was a manly man. He strutted up to her, crouching on his tiny paws. Though he was much larger than his sisters, he still barely reached Taru's knee. He paused for a moment, eyeing Taru's leg. He broke into a run, growling in a squeaky voice as he head butted Taru's leg. "I need to find the tree that Small-Father picked me from." To him, the words sounded completelly reasonable. He would find the tree - this female would lead him to it. Then he would wait for a new father to pick him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale September 21st 2011, 10:55 pm

"Come on, your going to make us late."

Taru pressed her nose into Gale's flank; rolled his eyes and laughed at Taru's sudden energy burst. She truly did want to see the pups take their steps into the outside world. The warrior shook his head as he stood, stretched each leg out in an agonizing slow practice. It was then the fae decided to nudge him along with that cold nose of hers. What is with her and the nudging? He thought with an amused expression on his face. Smiling he felt like he was about to join in on her laughter when she broke off suddenly. His green gaze didn't stay confused for long when he noticed whom had caught her eye. Altair sat beside Kira and the male seemed to be running himself ragged. However, Gale needed to keep Taru from hiding behind her mask once more; he focused all of his attention on her. A spark of distest for the other male flashed inside of Taru's eyes before fading quickly back into excitement.

"Gale, do you think anyone has beat us there?"

"Judging by the trajectory of the moon and the sun, I'd say," Gale paused as he carefully thought over his answer. "No."

While the two walked towards Maiara's birthing den Gale noticed that the smell of loners was getting stronger. When he glanced to the side, he saw that Taru's nose crinkled. Being a delta, she was probably worried that some would come to the den. He knew that she would fend them off with her more violent side. The female drew closer to him until her flank was firmly pressed against his. Teasingly, he nudged her before moving away from her slightly.

"If you press too close how will I run away when a band of loners tears through the woods? Because I plan on running away, yelping." He smiled as they finally reached the clearing.

The den wasn't too far away now; he stopped for a moment. This was it. This was the moment where he could show the alphas that he could be trusted. Taking a breath, Gale had just been about to take a step when Makya tumbled from the den in a blur of grey-cream. The young one shook out his fur before heading towards the two of them. His eyes were fixed on Taru; he felt a bubble of laughter forming in his throat. He held it back however. Makya growled and butted the delta's leg.

"I need to find the tree that Small-Father picked me from."

Gale looked at Taru, curious as how to his friend would react. He put on a careful mask of calm so he wouldn't burst out in his rumbling laughter. Rather, he simply shared an amused look with Taru.

"Oh look, we found one." Gale murmured. "I'm sure we're the first to notice this one."

Last edited by Gale on September 22nd 2011, 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 21st 2011, 11:14 pm

Ice cast out an excited bark as she pushed forward on Codex's tail, she let her whole body stretch out as she ran, all the energy she had kept inside from not being able to fully run with a broken paw was now being released. In mere seconds she was at Codex's side, looking ahead they were running straight towards a tree with a trunk the shape of a 'Y' Ice made quick and careful calculations before coming towards it, a foot or so before smacking straight into it she launched off her back legs right through the 'Y' shape. A large and proud grin parted her muzzle, she could still do the jump-between-a-tree-trunk trick, as they began towards the territory borders Ice skidded to a halt kicking up loose pieces of dirt, bark, and grass. Suddenly her ears zoomed in on a small rustling sound, the scent of baby rabbit came to her nose, she flicked her silver tail in the air to signal that she had targeted prey. With her ears perked forward, tail then lowered but not dragging, and green eyes hungry for a clean kill, slowly Ice stalked, closer, closer, and finally she pounced forcing all her weight onto a small white clump of struggling fur. Ice took the first snap at the rear of the rabbit wounding its back legs, then ended its suffering by sinking her teeth straight through the neck. Another small rustling only a few feet away, Ice once again used the same strategy, in minutes she had killed two rabbits, the second a cleaner kill than the first. With the better kill dangling from her blood covered muzzle she walked up to Codex and offered it as a gift, between clenched teeth she spoke with her tail wagging behind her, "I have a gift to give, fresh kill by 'BlackIce buffet'." Before she would give it to him however, Ice believed a game of tug-o-war was in order, thus a spark of mischief showed in her eyes accompanied by a deep affection for her mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next