Dakota
Skye
Gale
11 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 12 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Kira July 25th 2011, 2:31 pm

"Do you know the name of Charcoal's mate? Did your father know? For my mother was Silver Mist. "

The beta dug back deep in her mind, trying to recall if her father had ever mentioned such things. Then the memory hit her, her mother had begun asking questions about Charcoal, and in response her father had told basically the entire life story, including about Silver Mist. "Now that I think about it, he did" she said happily, she put the pieces together in her mind. This would mean that Silver and her were family, and Cousins at that! A smile spread across the female's muzzle, her tail wagging.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 25th 2011, 6:42 pm

"Hello, I don't believe we've met. I'm Akera, the newest hunter here."

Falco opened his eyes, hearing the greeting given by a tawny coloured wolf. He smiled as she introduced herself as Akera. She sat, though Falco thought that she must be loyal seeing as she came right away, he grinned. "I'm Falco, the Lead Hunter. It's nice to meet you Akera, I'm always in need for more hunters. Before we do though, Any preferences on what we catch today? Seeing as your the first, you can make the choice. The Pack will eat anything we fetch for them. They aren't fussy!" he spoke friendly and chuckled. His tail wagged behind him in an ever friendly motion, as he studied his new hunter with his sharp grey eyes. He stretched his log fore-legs out with a decent yawn. He had been so tired lately, he groaned as he stretched. "Side effects of too much running" he laughed as he looked to Akera, wondering where his other hunters where.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 25th 2011, 7:58 pm

Akera looked at Falco. He seemed very nice and she was glad to have met him. He gave her the choice of what to catch and she hesitated. She wasn't good at making decisions. 'Hmmmm. My stomach IS rumbling...what do I want?' Looking back to the lead hunter, she spoke. "Elk sounds really good right now, if you'll bear with me. I've only ever hunted elk once, and when I was very young at that. We didn't have many in my old pack lands." She smiled at the memories. Though there weren't many elk around, her brother made sure to teach her how to hunt them down. Then when she was ready, Eron took her on a hunt with the rest of the pack hunters. It was a very interesting experience. Akera decided that if she was going to stay here, she might as well brush up on her hunting skills. She chuckled a bit at Falco's comment. "I know how that is. I love to run."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2011, 12:00 am

| LINK |

A large brute sat between the pines, only his legs, chest and face were visible as he stared at the wolves. His jaws were parted as he panted, his upper body hunched over with excitement as he watched these wolves, his breath was like smoke on the cold air. His tail slid across the snow as he wagged it quickly back and fourth, a small whine escaping his muzzle as he tried to fight back his excitement. His ears swivelled forward as a bird called out and he looked up into the sky, looking at a fat odd looking bird, his head cocking to the side in interest, making him look cute in a way.

The brute was known as Link, a tall, slender handsome brute. He had known many females who had admired him until they saw his puppish side, and then they laughed and made fun of him. Link was like an overgrown pup, he couldn't hide or bite down his excitement. He slowly slid to his belly, laying his head upon his paws and swallowing a whine.

(I'm assuming it's winter because of everyone role playing in the Winter Den....^^")

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 26th 2011, 12:45 am

Taru felt the hair on the back of her neck stand on edge. Someone was watching the wolves. The female shifted with the uncomfortable feeling, pale yellow eyes beginning to scan the territory. In the shadows, somewhere, there was definitely a wolf. She released a shallow breath that came out like a cloud against the frigid, winter air. Her nostrils flared as she scented for more information on this strange wolf that remained hidden. How had he gotten passed the many guards and scouts they had? This perplexed the female, but not enough to remain on the issue for long. Analyzing the smell of the wolf, Taru discovered it was a male, coming from the direction that many tall pine trees lay rooted. Another male loner? The female let out a breath, realizing that Rune was still next to her. He seemed lost in thought, almost as if he wasn't truly there. Her dominant male did have a lot on his mind, especially after what Altair had just said. She flattened her ears, slipping away to greet this new wolf.

Her paw steps were quiet, light as they paced on the delicate snow. Taru was small, enough so, she could be silent when she needed to be. She acted as though nothing was wrong, merely investigating the pine trees as though they were interesting. Taru did not want this male to know she knew he was there. Her eyes moved again, pinpointing what appeared to be a pair of legs. They moved upwards, finding a shaded face. The brute moved suddenly, slipping down to his stomach. He seemed anxious, excited. About what? Taru wanted to know. She found herself staring, curious smile pulling at her muzzle.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 26th 2011, 12:56 am

Falco Nodded at Akera's response deciding that elk was a good choice. Though it seemed that it was only going o be him and Akera for this hunt. He looked back to the female and spoke "It seems it's just you and me for this hunt, come, I will show you where they are and we can then start our hunt" he smiled before he turned and took off south, to where the elk grazed. He every so many lopes looked over his shoulder to see Akera still following.

It wasn't long before he reached the herd, looking down the hill into the valley where they grazed happily. He watched the herd and awaited for Akera to arrive. He watched, starting to separate the weak from the strong his grey eyes swiftly moving among the herd. There were few calves that looked reasonable. But a target would be decided upon once Akera got here, they would take down one that was a bit of a challenge yet still easy enough to kill.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2011, 1:06 am

Akera gulped as she realized she was about to be put to the test. She only took down one elk before. And now it was just her and the lead hunter on her first pack hunt. Though she was nervous, the female's tail wagged as she followed Falco. As she walked, she thought of strategy. She tried to recall all that her brother Eron had every taught her, but without much success. Looking up, she saw the herd. She walked up next to Falco, staring down at their prey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 26th 2011, 3:41 am

Falco felt Akera walk up beside him, he glanced to her, not moving his head. Turning his eyes back to the herd he spoke quietly "We first select a weak target, or we can go for one of those calves" he sensed that she was anxious, and he recalled that she said only once that she had only hunted an elk once, when she was young. He watched the herd continuing to sort the weak from the strong.

"What about that calf, Akera? he said quietly his nose pointing to a calf who was separated from the herd. His eyes upon it.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2011, 3:50 am

Akera looked down into the herd as she saw the calf Falco had gestured to. He was a bit separate from the rest of the herd. She thought he looked like a rather good target, not too much for only two wolves to handle. He was a calf after all. She looked to Falco and nodded. She whispered quietly. "Looks good. Whats the strategy?" Her tail wagged again. She did enjoy hunting very much. And she was happy to be contributing to the pack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 26th 2011, 3:57 am

Falco's mind was ticking over a plan, he watched the calf. It seemed to walk a bit further out. It would probably be best if Akera and himself could herd it further from the herd, possibly up to where they now stood, and then attacked it, they did have to take it back to the den site after all.

"Its probably best if we can get between it, and the herd, and herd it back towards the den, before killing it. The trouble though will be getting behind it. We will have to sneak down and come from both sides to get behind it to start our approach." he spoke proudly but quiet, not wishing to alert the herd in the slightest. He slowly started his decent down into the valley, his white coat helping to blend in with the snowy paradise.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2011, 4:44 am

Akera quietly padded after the lead hunter, after nodding to his plan. Sneaking was her specialty. She wasn't too worried. But her russet and brown coat did stand out in the snow. She found it a bit of a problem, but Falco blended in, so that was a plus. Akera tried her best to stay silent. She knew that the slightest disturbance would scatter the herd. She kept her emerald eyes on the calf as they got closer and closer with every paw print in the snow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2011, 10:27 am

as the young male walked cautiously there was a rustle in the trees the young male sniffed the air
"who are you? come out ill come in after you" Dark Night said growling and walked off

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 26th 2011, 12:00 pm

{At least three sentences are needed for a roleplay post, Dark Night. }

"Cousins..." Silver murmured, looking at Kira with an exuberant grin frolicking about herself. Cousins! They were cousins. Silver would have never guessed, but now they knew. What excitement! Two friends, finding they were related. Both of her parents may have passed now, but she had a cousin. And an uncle, and aunt, but it seemed by the way Kira spoke that they were not the kind that Silver would really enjoy to be around. But, alas, she had relatives!

The sun set far off on the horizon, seeming to dip into the earth. It's rays filtered through the trees, as it gave way for the moon to make it's presence known, a crescent shining jubilant in the sky. Silver stood, hearing quiet words inside of the forest around the den. Her ears perked, listening intently to the wolf that stood in the foliage rustled by the wind.

She walked forward, looking at the playful grey tinted male before her. A loner, a member whom would join. A smile flashed upon her before disappearing like a comet. Her pale green eyes were kind, but aware.

"Greetings, loner. Might I ask whom you are and what business you have here?" She said.
    (To Link)

Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2011, 3:34 pm

| LINK |

The brute stumbled to his paws and blinked, looking at a elegant silver-white female. He glanced around to see a female of white and grays staring at him as well. "Oh...well....um..." He stumbled, trying to say something, but being nervous and excited he could not spit out anything. Link took in a single long breath and tried to speak once, more looking at his large paws. "I'm looking for a pack to join. And well, it looks like there is a pack here." He spoke softly, glancing up at the white female and then to the female with the coat of grays and whites.

Link's ears swivelled forward as a voice called out, a males. Link's fur slightly bristled at the tone and words, but he remained calm. He blinked and turned his head to face the white fae once more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2011, 4:42 pm

Elysia sat silently at the very edge of the main den. Her tail was wrapped around her paws like normal. In fact, everything about her looked normal. But she wasn't quite the same. Her eyes had a blank guarded look, almost cold but not quite. Her gaze shifted around as she watched various members. Strangers were popping up all over the place. Kira and Silver were off chatting away. Akera had vanished with Falco for hunting. Rune, well Elysia wasnt sure where Rune was or what he was doing. Elysia looked to Taru, finding her friend standing before a strange male. Moments later, she was joined by Silver. Elysia watched them for some time, saying nothing and making no move towards them.

She moved slowly, almost ghostlike in her silence. Her eyes stared straight ahead as she padded towards Taru, Silver and the strange male (Link). She appeared beside Taru, saying no words of greeting and making no movements to greet her friend. She sat, curling her tail around her paws and locking her gaze onto the male. She looked him up and down carefully. From the way he spoke with Silver, she detected no threat from him. He stumbled over his words, a sign of nervousness. Elysia could only assume he was intimidated by the size and presence of the pack. She blinked at him, saying nothing as he spoke. None of them, not Silver nor Taru nor herself, had the authority to accept this male into the pack - as acceptance was apparently was he was seeking.

Then again, Rune and Maiara didnt seem to be accepting anyone either. There was almost certainly no hope here for this male. The other Elysia, she would never have thought such a thing. There would be a smile gracing her lips. But there was none now. Gale's words, the way he spun her around and twisted her, had done something to her. She was locked inside herself, a sort of self-preservation. And she wasn't coming out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2011, 4:45 pm

((Give me a book to skin why don't you people? Razz))

Mahina let her ears drop. Her eyes closed as she blinked away imaginary tears. "Right.. follow me...." She stood and turned around, leading Luminah towards Rune and the others. Having this wolf in the pack is going to kill me... she thought to herself, her tail held limply against her hind legs.

[ Lame typed out of tiredness post... ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 26th 2011, 6:31 pm

Falco continued to sneak along the snow slowly, his belly lightly touching the snow. His eyes remained on the target, but every few seconds he shot a glance to Akera. The lead hunter took the far side, he was able to blend easier, and taking this side would be easier for him than Akera as it consisted of moving past the Elk Calf's head, risking being sighted.

He did so, it had been easier than he thought. He continued to move along the side of the Calf. While he glanced to Akera, he laid down slowly on the snow, he waited for Akera to catch up on her side. He continued to eye off the Elk Calf thinking of how delicious it was going to be. He licked his lips, but remained still in the snow. Akera was doing everything right, he thought that she was a fantastic hunter, considering that she had only hunted Elk once. He laid his ears flat making him just seem like a snowed over rock with his grey tinting over his back.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 26th 2011, 7:00 pm

"Well, we do accept such loners into our pack but not currently. However, if you wish to stay here along with us you may and then you can find out whether you wish to reside here as a member with us when Rune decides to accept wolves once again. " Silver spoke, raising her head slightly to look down at the male. She was, considering being the top member of a rank, higher than a loner. She wasn't used to expressing dominance, but it seemed instinct that she should now. Though, her stare was not unkind, more amused.

"And, if you have manners and know how to be submissive to the alphas when asking to join, you will be welcomed with open arms. " She said, her gaze kindly and generous. She enjoyed welcoming others to join, even though the fae could not accept them herself. Someday, perhaps, far in the future she could be able to do such things. But, alas, not currently.

Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2011, 7:23 pm

Luminah took in a sigh as she saw Mahina in pain. She didn't mean to hurt her feelings or cause any pain, but, Luminah thought she should keep it as a surprise.

"Right.. Follow me...."

As she heard her speak, she nodded her head, following behind her. She had a lot of guilt roaming inside of her. Seeing her sister in much pain killed her, she blinked once, beginning to having a thought. I have never thought Mahina was so desperate to find her sister. Once I tell her, she will be bursting with excitement. Well.. That's what I think. I must tell her sooner or later. She thought, her eyes filled with pain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 26th 2011, 9:21 pm

Akera watched as Falco started creeping around the far side. He snuck past the calf's head with ease. Akera was impressed. At this moment she cursed her parents for not being arctic wolves. She would have blended in much easier. Crouching as low as possible to the snow, mentally shivering a bit, the female moved very slowly along the side of the calf. She followed suit and laid low for a moment. Akera looked to Falco, her emerald eyes asking what her mouth couldn't. Her mouth started to water in anticipation of the good meal as she waited for the okay from the lead hunter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 26th 2011, 11:20 pm

Taru frowned when she listened to Silver's encouraging words. How could she be so supportive about the idea of this male joining? It was obvious that his chances were slim to nothing. The whole Gale situation was bothering her, bothering the pack, and when she looked over to face Elysia, she knew it was bothering her too. However, the blue grey wolf couldn't help but smile at her friend. An anxious whine escaped her muzzle and she nudged Elysia softly. She seemed different, out of it. This caused her to pull away slightly, beginning to study her friend's ears and head. Taru wanted to know what she was thinking. How many times the female had wished for such a power? This was one of the times she wanted it most. Why was her friend so frazzled by Gale's words? She continued to analyze, eyes calm as they collected what she hoped was information.

Elysia was detached. With no greeting to anyone, not even Taru herself, it was obvious. Her friend continued to watch her actions, finding yet another clue. Taru noticed she was inside herself, pulled away from the group. This bothered Taru the most. Why was she being like this? With a snort, the female made it obvious of her discomfort with the situation, looking away from her friend. She had greeted her, it was up to Elysia what would happen next. All Taru knew was that whatever happened, she would fight to keep Elysia as her best friend. She was determined, driven, to keep one friendship close and bonded with another. The female had chosen her rabbit buddy over all others, finding she needed no other close relationships.

Even so she had chosen Elysia, Taru could not find the strength to break through Elysia's new shell that protected her. It would take more energy than the dark wolfess had at the moment. The female turned around, away from her friend, head swaying sadly. She moved back towards Rune, curiously studying him. Taru had figured he would say something soon, considering all that was happening.

Last edited by Deltaru on July 27th 2011, 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 27th 2011, 12:12 am

Mahina pulled up short as she appeared a few feet from Rune. The female sat and curled her tail around her paws, inviting Luminah to sit next to her with a small paw gesture. "Rune, this is Luminah. She wishes to stay with us." She waited for his response, knowing the least he would do was let the female stay until he was ready to accept wolves into the pack.

[ So tired... ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 27th 2011, 1:32 am

As she followed her, she saw Mahina sat down, giving her a paw gesture. She nodded with a smile as she sat down, curling her tail around her paws like she used to do at the past.

"Rune, this is Luminah. She wishes to stay with us."

Luminah swallowed her saliva as she nodded her head once more, giving him a greeting smile. She didn't say anything since she knew the alpha was in a bad mood. She licked her muzzle once as she turned her apex to face Mahina. She made a small grin at her as she tried her best to start a conversation, "So... How long have you been a member of this pack?" She asked kindly, waiting for the female to respond.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 27th 2011, 1:40 am

"So... How long have you been a member of this pack?"

Mahina looked to Luminah as she asked a question. The female blinkes slightly, tilting her head. "About a year, though I left for a month or two to look for my sister." Her tail flicked in unison with her ear as a stray snowflake landed on her eartip.

[ REALLT tired... Razz ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 27th 2011, 1:54 am

“I will accept you, but only because of Kira. And Altair if you do something like this EVER again…you will regret it…both of you will...and I hope you remember that!” Rune called out his voice even enough although he snapped his head sideways so that he could see Kira as well. Although he doubt she would be able to make out his words so clearly from where she stood so Altair would need to relay them if he chose. Rune didn’t like being kept in the dark about such things as it only caused problems when left untold. Seeing this now had made Rune change his mind about how all loners should act like this male. He had looked for acceptance yet kept a vital piece of information until the last minute...and that irritated Rune. With a swift nod of his head, it was decided Rune would keep a close eye on this male and until he decided, otherwise Altair would not receive his full trust.

With a sigh, Rune took note of Mahina as well as the wolf who tag along behind her. She introduced the wolf as Luminah, but Rune only turned his head and looked over toward Taru. “What would you say if I made you a delta within my pack?” It was a simple question, but his tone was a serious one now and not meant to be taken lightly. Taru had stood out amongst a few others and she seemed very capable of handling the responsibilities of a delta. Although, she seemed a tad puppyish at times Rune was certain she could be serious when it really mattered. Silently as he awaited a response, his eyes darted over toward Elysia who seemed to have made her appearance once again. Rune could only shake his head although it was not a shake of disappointment or anger, but one of relief.

(I did not read all the Rp post...so yeah...if you talked to meh or something then you should probably say something again or tell my on the chat (when I'm on) or by a PM.) XD
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next