Spirit
Gale
Rune
13 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Journey to the West - Page 7 Empty Re: Journey to the West

Post by Soran January 16th 2012, 12:02 am

Soran’s ears strained as he hobbled from beneath the last of the singed bramble. By the fading scents and lack of deep paw prints in the ash, the male could only assume what was left of the pack had continued on without him. He could not blame them of course. To hang around the piece of ruined territory would surely mark one’s death. Guilt immediately took hold of him again as he realized his lag was exactly the reason he was not fit to be the leader of Banishing Winds. And Spirit; apologizing wouldn’t be enough for his weak effort to catch up with those that had already traveled onward.

Soran’s burned paws began to numb as he slowed to catch his breath. With the crumbled branches and cinders were no longer around him, the cool grass brought relief to the warm skin beneath his fur. He was nearing his destination now and he could tell by more then just scents passing by on the wind. Voices sounded from a spot less than a mile away and unless he was mistaken, almost everyone had made it out alive. Suddenly anxious to reunite with his family and prove his worth as Beta, Soran leapt forward and began a loping hunter’s stride towards the group.

It was only minutes until the male spotted the snow white fur that caused his heart to leap. Even with his lungs struggling for air, Soran continued on without any idea of Spirit’s reaction. It was only until he was a few yards away did he realize what was about to happen. Though he had intended to slow to a casual stop, Soran misjudged his timing and collided with his mate with an uncomfortable thump.
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear January 16th 2012, 2:01 am

Tree by tree had fallen to the evil flames that licked at their trunks, a lone white male had been pushed back into a place he used to call home because of the fire's danger, he could not simply continue to walk towards it. That was suicide, even though some days he felt like that would of been the best option.

Everything had gone downhill for the male, his mate had left him, and the pack, and he too left the pack not long after. He was a hunter by build and stature. He was built for speed and endurance, with an underlying strength to bring down any opponent, with out question. The male was a curious mix of an Artic Wolf and a Grey Wolf, he retained the build of the latter, and the coat and colour of the Artic wolf. He had a broader muzzle, that enabled him to latch onto prey with ease, and his long legs carried him distances that others could only dream of doing so.

His name was Falco. He had been the lead hunter in the pack, The Pack known as The Banishing Winds. But he was now pushed back into the scarred and barren land of which they had once made their home, they would of moved on from the fires, and Falco was forced to continue on the way that the Pack had headed, as the forests in the other direction had been completely burned out.

After a long time of walking the alabaster male decided to break into a light loping gallop. He made its pace look easy, he looked as if he running in a slow motion.

Rising up and over a hill he stopped, peering down watching little dots of different hues of browns, greys and whites, padding along in a group, a pack. 'It must be the Banishing Winds,' Falco thought as he judged by their number and scent.

With a sigh, the male had no choice, but padded down the hill slowly, returning to his original pace. He would have to join back with them, it was quite hard for him to live solitary, he just wasn't built for it any more, mentally nor physically. He was fit yes, but not like he was when he was two years of age. He was now four. He needed the security of the pack, as well as its abilities.

Falco continued down the hill towards them, padding in a slow motion. He would catch them soon enough. As he did he thought of a way to attempt to ask them to allow him back into the pack without much hassle.

It wasn't too long before Falco had caught up to the pack, he looked around for Rune and Maiara, They were nowhere to be seen, He spotted a few members that he recognised, Kira, Gale, Soren, and Spirit were among those that his memory immediately recognised. He stood from the group, about ten metres away from them, watching with his grey eyes not knowing who to go to, or what to expect.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 16th 2012, 9:39 am

"Starvation is the only thing left here and if you are fine with such a faith then remain here cheerfully talking with each other as if nothing had ever happened. However, when you finally feel the emptiness known as hunger you will be out of time and you will die! So I will state again....either Stay or Follow!"

A low growl exited Linnea's maw, ebbing over time. Who was this male? She had met him, briefly, when he had first shown up. But now he took charge of the pack. And no one stepped up to object? That rank had been an alpha spot, not a spot for some random wolf to step up and take. Linnea was crippled though, and dare not risk causing anything. If she had to run from this pack, like a repeat of her first, she could not. Not with her tempermental shoulder. She let out an exasperated breath, whipping around. She would follow. Behind them. She did not really have a place to say anything anyways, nor was she sure she even held a rank.

As other wolves appeared and gathered, Linnea moved away. She noticed an umfamiliar wolf appear a short ways away, and decided to take up yet another conversation since Ice had abandoned her without another word. The male held vague, old smells of the pack. (Falco)

"Hello." She spoke simply as she wandered over to the male. She sat down, a strange display until her injured shoulder rested and beared no weight. She hated standing, because too often her shoulder would protest with a screaming pain that didn't stop for minutes. It a short story, it pretty much downed her for a good five minutes and she was forced to not move. Not a fun thing, and she had developed a deep loathing for the shoulder.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Journey to the West - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue100/100Journey to the West - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear January 17th 2012, 3:00 am

Falco stood still not knowing who to see about his re-joining the pack. His grey tipped ears flicked picking up bits and pieces of conversations among the members, it seemed that they either had the choice to follow a wolf that proclaimed himself the leader, or to split.

It was then his ghostly grey eyes spotted a female, of tan, cream and white approaching him. His eyes and ears focused on her now. She seemed to be injured. The way that she didnt put weight on her leg proved that, Falco searched up her injured leg, looking for the source of the pain. His eyes gazed over her shoulder, it twitched, that must of been where the injury lay. The white male tilted his head slightly wondering what had caused her injury.

"Hello" the wolf spoke, her voice was slightly soothing, with a simple tone, she meant no harm. Falco watched as she proceeded towards him, a limp and slow wander was her gait, before she sat and took the pressure off her leg.

"Hello" His voice almost echoed a reply. His grey eyes and ears still focused upon the female. He also mimicked her sitting position but allowed the weight on both his fore paws, due to having no injury.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 17th 2012, 8:37 am

"Hello"

Linnea was slightly disappointed at this answer. Although she had spoken first, they were both back at square one. As he sat, a tone of suspicious feeling shivered in her. Not to mention a bit oh humor, because if he was playing a came of copy-wolf then he was sure to have a bit of humor himself. She did not address this however, but remember he was indeed a wanderer and fed off of that assumption. Her words formed a reply, but at the last moment she hesitated. Wrong word. It was then she actually formed a somewhat legit reply.

"Very interesting reply, I would have never thought of that." Her humor and a silent laugh sparked in her eyes, "I am Linnea, I would name my rank but still need to consult with Kira. I was former Master Scholar though, the second one. You seem like you may have known the first, though. But before we go into stories, what is your name, vrangr?"

Linnea literally jumped as she let loose a random word of her older language. She had said vrangr, which was a word for wandering or wanderer. She had said it without knowing! A tone of joy made her come to realize she still knew the entire language, even after making herself forget it. She felt the need to clarify just in case he thought it was an insult.

"Vrangr is a word for wanderer, I didn't mean to say it but it just came out of my mouth like a spy. " Linnea laughed, shifting her weight slightly. A flash of her large scar could be seen then, which held little hair yet.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Journey to the West - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue100/100Journey to the West - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel January 17th 2012, 5:12 pm

Phantom flicked his ears at Blackice's words. He was amused. "Sarcasm, ahhh, cant live without it." He grinned widely, showing his fangs. "Well once we get the move one, if that ever comes at this rate. Are we still traveling side by side?" He wondered if she had forgotten of that plan already. The white brute surely did not. "I was checking to see if you had forgotten. Theres no way i couldnt!" He licked her cheek softly "I cant forget about those green eyes of yours." He flickered the tip of his tail tip on her back gently. "Hopefully we'll have more time to talk on the way there..." He wasnt upset or angry with her. It was only a few little introprutions. But he couldnt 'hog' her to himself all the time. He knew this very well and respected it greatly. His golden eyes were glowing as he looked over his crush.

Now all i have to do is gain the courage to ask her to be my mate...

He sighed from the thought. It would be his first time and hopefully last asking a female this popular life lasting quesion. It was like the natives, but with those special gatherings between two tribes (wedding). The white male still never got those crazy people. And never would. Phantom recalled the words of the two tribe elders, 'We now bind the two tribes.' and so on.. He never payed attention during those times. It meant nothing. The man would die and the woman would get a new mate. Just like some wolves do.

If i lost Ice, i would never be able to call another mine...
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

http://www.silentstormpack.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 17th 2012, 7:44 pm

Ice merely smiled a crooked grin at his words, "Sarcasm keeps the world goin' round I suppose." When Ghost asked her if they were still traveling together she huffed with glittering eyes,"Me? Forget? Ha! Course we're going on together." Ice smiled a bit when he licked her affectionately, she did the same in return with warm green eyes that seemed to melt into what seemed lake water when it reflects the green leaves of a tree in the summer.

Ice thought within her mind,'If he leaves like Codex has, I don't think I could ever find such a male as Ghost... I wouldn't allow any more close bonds like this...' These mental words Ice made final and would hold onto until the end. Ice knew things would be made true between them when one of them admitted their true feelings of wanting to be mates and there was no doubt for Ice that she wanted nothing more and nothing less but to spend her life with Phantom. The only problem was her fear of rejection, thus making her far too fearful even to whisper the question, this ashamed herself...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear January 17th 2012, 10:58 pm

Falco watched as the female became disappointed to his reply, rather his echo. His ears flicked as he watched her sit there awkwardly. A slight chuckle appeared in his mind, to the awkwardness. He gave a sigh of breath and looked to the ground. His tinged grey paws, black nails peeping from each toe.

"Very interesting reply, I would have never thought of that." Her humor and a silent laugh sparked in her eyes, "I am Linnea, I would name my rank but still need to consult with Kira. I was former Master Scholar though, the second one. You seem like you may have known the first, though. But before we go into stories, what is your name, vrangr?"

Falco rolled his eyes slightly as the female rambled on, not that she could see that though. He was now a wolf of few words. His grey eyes looked up to her's to see humour and amusement. A Master Scholar? That was Silver's rank. How dare this new wolf come and steal his ex mate's rank. Falco almost let out a growl at the words, but it seemed to get choked up in his throat on its way. Instead he let out a husky cough. But then there was this new word that had caught him by surprise, vrangr . What on earth did that mean, Falco was about to ask but the female over-rided and spoke again:

"Vrangr is a word for wanderer, I didn't mean to say it but it just came out of my mouth like a spy. "

Falco gave a slight scowl as this Linnea gave a laugh. He looked away, taking another deep sigh, wondering if he should speak his name or not. He decided to, if he was rejoining the pack, it would eventually be known to her.

"My name is Falco, I was the Lead Hunter here, I left, for..... My own reasons" He paused towards the end, removing eye contact once more.

Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 18th 2012, 1:08 am

"My name is Falco, I was the Lead Hunter here, I left, for..... My own reasons"

Linnea nodded, noticing hazily that he was a wolf of very few words. Obviously not talkative, and likely uncomfortable too by the tone of his voice. The origin of his possible discomfort led her to wonder whether she had been too straight forward. She decided to back off a bit, and literally did, standing up and shuffling on three and a half legs to allow him to have more personal space. However, she had not done such a movement in a time and her shoulder shrieked in pain without warning. Her vision flickered red as she bared her teeth in a grimace, before she felt her front legs buckle. Nothing mattered or entered her mind for a few moments after that, only pain. After about 15 seconds though, she felt the world begin to return to her. When she fully regained her sanity she found herself on the ground, tasting dirt.

"Nice to meet you." She grunted as she resituated her legs into a more comfortable position, not daring to even try to sit up. She turned her neck sideways to look at her shoulder, and saw no normal difference. She had definitely hit something, muscle probably, and it was not a happy wound. She then focused on the dirt she had just gotten a little too close with, glaring as if it had betrayed her.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear January 18th 2012, 6:41 am

Falco watched as the female had started to back off a bit. He frowned slightly, he was damaged goods. He gave a slight sigh to his irritation to the female. His grey eyes wandered over the female as she continued to back up, it seemed in slow motion, the way she limped, there was something more than injury there.

Glancing away for only a mere second he heard a thud, his attention quickly snapping to the source of it. It was Linnea, she had fallen, her legs probably given way. Falco darted to her side. Returning to his 'old' self for once he asked worriedly. Her words flew in one ear and out the other as he approached her.

"A-are you okay? Did you need anything for your wound...." He paused, slightly, realising what had happened as he returned to his old self. He didn't mind, though it just came as a shock. "I-I am sorry about just earlier, I've had a rough few past months..." was all that he left it at, waiting to see if she needed any help.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale January 20th 2012, 6:07 pm

"I've fared well. My paws are slightly burned and I've taken a few scratches from bumping into branches but it's nothing life threatening. Has anyone gotten a chance to look at that?"

"That is something that is good to hear, my friend." Gale said as his tail flicked slightly. It wasn't out of irritation like it used to be. Rather, it was a gesture that came on its own accord; he truly wasn't aware that it had occurred. He shook his head at her question about his own injury. "No, but it looks far worse that it actually is." He was lying of course, but he didn't want the lead scout to worry.

His green eyes scanned over Spirit, analyzing for any damage she might have missed or simply wasn't speaking of. Glad that there were none, he met her eyes again and noticed a deep sadness and guilt there. Crimson's voice had rang out loud and clear in the area that the wolves were assembled but for the moment, the Wanderer paid him no heed. Those piercing eyes of his searched hers in an attempt to puzzle out what what going through his friend's mind when he realized it in a brief instant. She was thinking of Soran. Her mate was out there somewhere, and she had no idea if he was even alive. For all she knew, he could be injured out in the smoldering world and needed help that would never come. Gale's ginger-and-grey tinted ears twitched to show his uncertainty of the situation. Spirit was holding back from showing her emotions in her body language but any one who would look in the dark blues of her eyes would see what she was holding in. The warrior's skills did not lay in comforting others and he knew that clearly. What could he do to ease her suffering? Nothing. There was nothing in his experience that could help her now. There was a slight bite of anger in his heart when he realized that instead of looking for the pack's prized beta, he had only searched for Sepya; it was he who condemned Soran to his fate. For a moment, Gale's own eyes had a flicker of guilt in them before it faded as soon as it had come. He had done what he could, though he felt that he should have done more. Spirit's blues went to the ground as she spoke again.

"I think we should be heading back soon... Wouldn't want to be left behind."

"He will come for you. He always has and always will." Was it wrong of him to put such hope in Spirit's broken soul? Especially since he didn't even know if his words held any truth in them at all, but he felt that it was right even for a moment.

Only a few moments passed before a familiar scent floated towards the pair. The scent was laced with fragments of ash and dead trees but he knew it all the same. He had just looked to find the source of the smell before Soran crashed right into his mate. The force caused the two to move a distance away; Gale saw this as an opportunity to disperse and give them the privacy they so desperately deserved. His tan paws carried him towards Crimson as he thought over the words the guardian had said.

"We are leaving now! Stay or follow it is your choice! Though the time for sitting idly by is now over and it will no longer be tolerated. We cannot simply wait until the lands restore itself...they are gone and will not return anytime soon! The food source many of you have depended on since this pack was formed is no longer an option because they have all had the sense to MOVE on! Starvation is the only thing left here and if you are fine with such a faith then remain here cheerfully talking with each other as if nothing had ever happened. However, when you finally feel the emptiness known as hunger you will be out of time and you will die! So I will state again....either Stay or Follow!"

It seemed that Crimson was now taking charge of the practically leaderless pack. Even though the job was meant for Soran and Kira, Crimson had stepped up the plate despite being here for a short time. Gale's pondering ended up taking him forward until he stopped by Adena. So far, it appeared that only the scout beside him and Cinnamon had agreed to go with the mainly brown hued brute. This time when Gale's white tipped tail flicked, it was of his command. As much as he wanted to move onto better lands, he could not dream of leaving anyone behind. As a guardian, it was his duty to protect those in the pack despite his hatred for them. He would always honour the position for those he had lost; Taru and Elysia's images flashed in his mind before fading back to his unconsciousness. For a while now, they had laid dormant there and that's exactly where he wanted them to stay. He dragged his attention from the past and forced it to focus on the matter at hand. If Crimson and the pack were to leave, he would follow. However, if one member decided to stay despite the destruction, he would as well. A guardian was to protect the whole pack; he would not leave anyone here alone to die.

"I agree." Gale let his voice come slightly above its usual level. It was just loud enough for all those who were nearby to hear him. "We can not remain here any longer while death encrouches upon us, waiting to take us one by one. Starvation will be the medium that will hand us to death's cold hand; we must move to a new territory." He paused briefly and cast his green gaze to all the wolves in the surrounding area. "The prey has fled and we must follow. I also believe that Crimson is the right wolf to lead us to a new paradise, one that is untouched by the chaos that has befallen us here. He is the one with the leadership to whisk us away and I, Gale will follow him until we reach that new home." Again he stopped but this time, it was to raise his voice. "Who is with me?" When the sound of his voice died down but clearly vibrated on the trunks of trees, he looked towards Adena. "I'm glad to see that you are coming and saw the sense in leaving."
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune January 20th 2012, 8:39 pm

“I will follow!”

As Crimson’s brown ears took in the words he felt a slight wave of relief wash over what seemed to be his entire being. It didn’t take eyes to know that the voice belonged to Cinnamon, but still he cast his gaze toward the scholar who now stood on the other side of Kira. Not out of a desire to know who had spoken, but of a want to know that he hadn’t imagined hearing the words. In his mind he was simply placing himself in a spot that needed filling, but in the minds of some others he was taking over a position that was not meant to be his. After seeing that he truly did have the support of at least Cinnamon he found himself looking elsewhere and his brown eyes fell on Adena.

She spoke no words of following and the only facial expression she held on her mouth was that of a smirk, which led Crimson to believe she would not be following along. Slightly disappointed at the females decision he began looking away, but stopped as he saw Adena rouse from where she previously sat. Without words of his own he watched with reposing eyes as she moved closer and placed herself down once again and wrapped her tail neatly around her paws. Disappointment no longer existed and although he did not show it Crimson was glad she would not remain here in this wasteland. The two shared the same views when it came to loyalty and because of that at this moment Adena was the closest thing he had to a friend within this pack besides Cinnamon.

"I agree."

He had looked elsewhere for a brief moment before turning his attention back over toward where Adena had placed herself. If it weren’t for the masculine tone he would have thought it Adena finally giving an affirmed statement of her support to follow him. Though she had already silently declared she would be coming along and so as his eyes peered over Adena’s figure he noticed a large male now stood beside the scout and it was in fact he who had spoken the words of agreement. Deciding that he couldn’t quite make out who the male was from just his voice Crimson left Kira’s side and drew closer to the two wolves. It was only until he found himself a tail link away that he remembered seeing this male with Taru many a time. Yes, this fellow Gale if he remembered correctly was who Makya thought as a rival for Taru’s love.

"We cannot remain here any longer while death encroaches upon us, waiting to take us one by one. Starvation will be the medium that will hand us to death's cold hand; we must move to a new territory. The prey has fled and we must follow. I also believe that Crimson is the right wolf to lead us to a new paradise, one that is untouched by the chaos that has befallen us here. He is the one with the leadership to whisk us away and I, Gale will follow him until we reach that new home."

“Your words are noble and I-I will be forever in your debt for speaking them…here…today.” Crimson stated his voice quiet as he found himself staring at the male before him with the same reposing eyes he had when he watched Adena move closer.

(Forgive me for the lame post, but this was the best I could come up with! And this was only after I erased things completely five different times.)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon January 21st 2012, 11:54 am

Cinnamon held Crimson's brief galance and nodded slightly, reaffirming her faith. She turned away to help Phantom, only to stop at the sound of Gale's voice

"I agree...We cannot remain here any longer while death encroaches upon us, waiting to take us one by one. Starvation will be the medium that will hand us to death's cold hand; we must move to a new territory. The prey has fled and we must follow. I also believe that Crimson is the right wolf to lead us to a new paradise, one that is untouched by the chaos that has befallen us here. He is the one with the leadership to whisk us away and I, Gale will follow him until we reach that new home."

Cinnamon glanced over to the guard catching his eyes and tilting her head in thanks an aknowledgement for his speech. She knew how much it would mean to Crimson to hear an established member, who barely knew him, say that.

“Your words are noble and I-I will be forever in your debt for speaking them…here…today.”

She did not know if Crimson spoke to her or Gale, but it didn't matter. What mattered was how many more of the pack would follow him, whether Kira and Soran, who rightfully held the Alpha ranks after the loss of Rune and Maiara, would accept his taking control.

She hoped they would, for the sake of the pack.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena January 21st 2012, 12:14 pm

The crowd around Crimson was small, but more of the pack started to gathered to hear what he was saying. They were as startled as she was to see it was Crimson's words that ordered them to come or stay. But surely they would see sense and agree with him? Adena hoped they would. As Gale made his way over she glanced at him and listened mutely as his words also addressed them all. He had simply put into words what she had been thinking for longer than she should have been, what should have been put into action by now. Her eyes were fixed on Crimson as she let Gale's words wash over her. She was glad they were all on the same side and was sure everyone else would come to Crimson and support his decision. He was bold, challenging the hierarchy, but it was about time someone did something. And wasn't he simply filling a space that had been left empty for far too long? Soran hadn't displayed much interest in pursuing the role. And whereas Kira had been more authorative, she still hadn't moved them along. Adena was begining to see the full picture.

"We cannot remain here any longer while death encroaches upon us, waiting to take us one by one. Starvation will be the medium that will hand us to death's cold hand; we must move to a new territory. The prey has fled and we must follow. I also believe that Crimson is the right wolf to lead us to a new paradise, one that is untouched by the chaos that has befallen us here. He is the one with the leadership to whisk us away and I, Gale will follow him until we reach that new home."

Paradise? That single word stood out to her. It was illuminated against all else, and it made her frown. Didn't Gale realize that there was no such thing as paradise, not really? To her there was just peace before war. And even after that, it was simply a matter of time before the cycle started again. The Banishing Winds Pack, her home, was the nearest thing to paradise she had come across, but they were facing their own troubles at that moment like the next pack. The other members were her home, not the land. The land was simply what they lived off; there would be no home without the pack. It was no paradise. It was just home.

"I'm glad to see that you are coming and saw the sense in leaving." Adena smiled but didn't look at him. Oh, you're glad, are you? she thought, flicking her ear to show that she had caught his words. "Of course I saw sense. Anyone in their right mind would leave. There's nothing left for us here," she said slowly, sincerely. Her smile faded. Surely none of the pack would want to stay behind in this foreboding nothingness. However, if they did, she knew that she couldn't just leave them behind. But even she wouldn't be able to survive here. There was no life here, no food. Adena then glanced sideways at Gale. "I'm glad to see you're coming as well," she said warmly, her face twitching into a small smile before it vanished once again.

Gale had seemed so distant this past while. She could understand his behavior, but a part of her wanted the other Gale to be here. Since Taru and Elysia, he hadn't been fully there. He simply wasn't the same Gale that had stood on that bank with her, watching Crimson and the female, Ameliora, appear and ask for acceptance. He had shut himself off to them all, and only now did she see the Gale that he had locked away inside himself since then resurface. He was still there. And for that she was glad.

Adena's icy gaze shifted from Gale to Crimson. The look in his soft brown eyes when his gaze had rested on her was one of disappointment. He had thought that she wasn't coming. Even when she had made her way over to him and he realized that she was following, he still looked at her with his brown eyes, seemingly wanting her to say something that confirmed her support of him. So she smiled at him. He knew that she would follow. She just hoped the others would too.

Last edited by Adena on January 21st 2012, 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 21st 2012, 2:19 pm

“I will follow!”

Linnea turned, taking in the scenes of everyone gathering. It was time. She slowly wrestled to her feet, beginning to lumber over on three legs towards them. She was slow, compensating for her weight until her shoulder finished protesting. Slow enough that an entire conversation began around her, and the new council of the winds gathered. She would join them. Her breath was slightly labored, her wound was not too amused with her moving so soon after one of her episodes, but she forced herself to remain vigilant and keep moving. She would follow, and pursue her next home. Though, perhaps her home was not the land. It was the pack itself. She pondered this until a burly male spoke up. She was amused by the wisdom in his words. The new aspiring council promised to be great, perhaps as great as the old.

"I agree. We cannot remain here any longer while death encroaches upon us, waiting to take us one by one. Starvation will be the medium that will hand us to death's cold hand; we must move to a new territory. The prey has fled and we must follow. I also believe that Crimson is the right wolf to lead us to a new paradise, one that is untouched by the chaos that has befallen us here. He is the one with the leadership to whisk us away and I, Gale will follow him until we reach that new home."

“Your words are noble and I-I will be forever in your debt for speaking them…here…today.”

Crimson replied after then, thanking the male. Before Linnea could utter a word, another spoke. A female, this time. The herbalist huffed, but did wait her turn as she spoke only a single sentence.

"I'm glad to see you're coming as well,"

This was her time to speak, and so as she finally stood with the others she did so. A somewhat crippled wolf, she was a sad sight. But the look on her face said otherwise. It seemed to say "Mock me about my shoulder, and you won't enjoy the results!" Not in an aggressive way, though. It was more of a slightly playful, daring look. It took much to impress her, and today more than one wolf had done so. It was a miracle in her point of vision, and it seemed to clear her eyes and allow her to forget her past and even the fire. This pack was her new home, not the land. Herbs and things were nice, but these wolves could talk and run and were as different as the clouds. These individuals were the ones who made her home, as she seemed to make theirs. So, she had better help out and make the home a great one.

"I do not know you much Crimson, but there definitely was an interesting thing about you when you first came. I will follow you. You carry upon your withers the weight of my home. Carry it well." She said. It sounded grim, but it was drenched with meaning beyond just pressure. It was her saying she approved of him leading them, which she now did. No one else would. And this was not a bad thing that no one else would not try to lead them, for many could not physically do it. That included her, to some degree. Soon after she finished speaking, she turned her attention to Gale. She did not know his name, but wished to address his words as well. They had impressed her the most. "Nor do I know you. However, I would enjoy to. Your words are very wise, and I agree with you undoubtedly. If no one else supports either of you.."[/b] She said to the both of them, her gaze widening to fit the two males. "I will. " She finished. Even though her words were said, she remained there with them.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune January 21st 2012, 5:08 pm

"Of course I saw sense. Anyone in their right mind would leave. There's nothing left for us here,”

Crimson rolled his shoulders around and found that as Adena responded to something Gale had to her earlier that he had agreed with her words with a brief unintentional nod of his head. In an attempt to mind his own business Crimson looked elsewhere just as he saw Adena’s head turn to face Gale’s figure. The words she spoke this time however, did not reach his ears for he was now focused on plotting the packs course within his own head. At the moment the pack would need to continue traveling west, but after they were a good distances away from the site of the ashen land they could change direction if they wished. And as soon as they saw signs of life the pack would need to hunt or risk energy loss and shortly after starvation.

With thoughts of peril still heavy on his mind Crimson allowed his eyes to slowly move place to place never lingering for more than a second. And so when his eyes found Gale and Adena again he had meant to look passed the two wolves and let them continue talking, but he found neither of their mouths seemed to be moving anymore. And that the Scouts bluish-grey eyes were now on him and she was sporting a smile. With a brisk grin of his own Crimson acknowledged Adena’s smile and the meaning behind it.

"I do not know you much Crimson, but there definitely was an interesting thing about you when you first came. I will follow you. You carry upon your withers the weight of my home. Carry it well."

With yet another follower Crimson’s mind eased…for it honestly wasn’t about whether they would support him as an alpha or not. The only thing that really mattered was getting them all out of a place that could no longer bare their existence as a whole. “And I do not know you very well either, but I hope that perhaps can change one of these days Linnea.” The name seemed so unfamiliar on his tongue as if he had never known it, but he had for this was the wolf he had spoken with a few times after he had been accepted in the pack by Kira. “There is nothing overly special about me...It is my sense of loyalty that guides me on this new path and I will see to it that the weight of not just your home, but everyone here todays is not carried lightly or foolishly upon my withers.”

(Lame)

Note: That the season within the Role-Play is Late Autumn so please make sure you keep with the temperatures/weather patterns for that season!
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 21st 2012, 5:29 pm

The crisp air didn't bother Ice much as she looked to Phantom, "Let's join the others, it would seem they're gathering to leave soon..." Ice walked towards the others, she couldn't help but cast her glance to Crimson with a look that said she would follow. Indeed he had saved her life from drowning, so she did owe him, she'd owed more than merely following him. Ice wasn't sure what she would do to repay his heroic antic but, she'd come up with something.

(Ugh, writers block, it slays me. DX)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale January 22nd 2012, 5:06 am

"I only speak what I know to be correct." Gale said quietly now, however a smile grew on his face. One that had not surfaced for a very long time; it was one from a different life, one that signalled that Gale of the Western Wind was here now, instead of the empty husk of him. He spoke even quieter now as to keep anyone besides Crimson hearing his words. However, with Adena so close, the scout would probably make out his words as well. "Correct as in getting what I want. I will not lie, if even one member stays, I will as well. My duty is to protect everyone and I will do just that. Even if it means my own destruction." Even though this was the other Gale, there were still signs of Taru's influence on him; that was shown by the fact that he would accept his own death at the hands of one foolish member.

His sprite bottle eyes alighted on Adena once he had finished speaking; he had not missed the frown that came to be on her features. He may not have known her that well, but he wasn't foolish. Especially when he was in the state of mind that he was now; he had spent enough time studying her to know that she was a wolf who believed in realism. Quickly did he study the words he had spoken to know exactly which she was frowning towards. That famous toxic smile of his made a brief appearance before it faded to be replaced with a more knowing look. There was no paradise, he knew that. However, he also knew that many more would probably follow because of the constant want and desire for it to be real; if they believed that Crimson could lead them to one, they would join in order to get what was such a common want. Even he had desired such a thing, however he soon realized that it did not exist in person, rather it was a state of mind. One that he had never quite grasped and it still floated out of reach, like a feather in the breeze. Briefly he wondered if Adena had that peace of mind, then again he doubted it. If she had, she wouldn't be looking like that. As for Crimson, Gale couldn't say if the former had.

"Of course I saw sense. Anyone in their right mind would leave. There's nothing left for us here,"

"With that statement, you should know that not everyone is in their right mind at the moment. Grieving breeds mistakes and stubborness." His tail twitched with annoyance at the thought. He had seen many made and he had made his fair share of them. Being a wolf of few words and more action, his strengths lay in being able to sit down and think quickly about everything before making a decision. Adena then glanced sideways at him and a smile grew on her face before it faded like his previous one had.

"I'm glad to see you're coming as well,"

Despite himself, Gale glanced at her and a genuine smile flickered on his face like a lit wick before extinguishing. The brute's attention went back to Crimson as he began to think of complex plans of how to arrive at whatever destination they were to seek and how to do so safely. With a large pack like the Banishing Winds moving across the lands, they were sure to grab the attention of other creatures that could wish them harm. Bears, cougars and other wolf packs were things that held the greatest threat to them; they would need to be protected against first. However, he wouldn't forget the wolverines because while rare in the area, they were far more dangerous than any of the previous things combined. Protection would need to fall on all sides, but there were too few guardians to do so. Therefore, Gale would need others outside of his rank to help with what he was needed. He would need to pick those who he could trust to keep their senses keen because a single mistake would cause a life to be lost. His white tipped tail lashed slightly at the thought. If he could help it, everyone would make it to the new home, even if he wouldn't. There was no denying that thoughts of leaving the pack had crossed his mind and he was even currently contemplating his departure.

"Nor do I know you. However, I would enjoy to. Your words are very wise, and I agree with you undoubtedly. If no one else supports either of you.. I will."

Gale's thoughts were interrupted as a new voice joined the fray. His green eyes locked with Linnëa's blue-grey ones as she spoke softly. He dipped his head to her in a show of respect before he's mind went back to its musings. So far, he knew that he would require Crimson and Kira to lead the pack; that was one out of four that recieved the much needed protection. He would bring up the rear and help those who fell behind and held injuries; yet another side was covered. If possible, he'd get Adena and Linnëa to bring up the other two sides. That would create a sure fire protection plan, but he wasn't positive if he wanted the two faes to do so. He trusted their abilities enough but he wasn't the type to risk them if he didn't have to. Once again, his tail tip twitched in irritation. Gale was unsure of this plan for once. However, he knew that if the two females who stood near him did not take those roles, there would be more losses than what was necessary. With a small sigh, he met the eyes of the three who crowded near him.

"Perhaps we can get to know each other during the journey." He said to Linnëa before quietly speaking to them all. "When we move," he said it as something he knew would happen. "We'll need a sort of protection on four sides. Crimson and Kira will take the lead of course and I will stay to the back of pack, helping those who need it. Adena and Linnëa, I ask that you two take a different side. We have predators out there who will wish us harm; we need to protect the pack to the best of our abilities." His voice faded when he realized that he had missed one detail: Linnëa was injured; she could not hold the role he assigned to her. "I apologize, master scholar. You will stay in the bulk of the pack and those who need you can ask you for assistance. We will now need to find someone else to take the side that Adena isn't going to cover." This so far was the largest show of his old self.

[Lame..]

Last edited by Gale on January 22nd 2012, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Gale
Gale
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver January 22nd 2012, 9:59 am

"Perhaps we can get to know each other during the journey. When we move, we'll need a sort of protection on four sides. Crimson and Kira will take the lead of course and I will stay to the back of pack, helping those who need it. Adena and Linnëa, I ask that you two take a different side. We have predators out there who will wish us harm; we need to protect the pack to the best of our abilities I apologize, master scholar. You will stay in the bulk of the pack and those who need you can ask you for assistance. We will know need to find someone else to take the side that Adena isn't going to cover."

"What of Spirit? She may not be here, but she is a part of the council as well. " Linnea replied calmly. While she did not exactly plan on sitting idle and monotonously walking the entire way, she knew she would have to be careful in whatever way she decided to travel. Three legs would not do for an entire journey. "If possible, as we go on this jorney I would like to keep a look out for a few basic things. Probably some moss, in case anyone gets hurt. "

“And I do not know you very well either, but I hope that perhaps can change one of these days Linnea. There is nothing overly special about me...It is my sense of loyalty that guides me on this new path and I will see to it that the weight of not just your home, but everyone here todays is not carried lightly or foolishly upon my withers.”

"It does indeed take an overly special wolf to get a pack to gather as it does now. I wish you well, Crimson. " She then replied to Crimson after addressing Gale first. Over the time she had been speaking her left leg had been slowly lowered to the earth. She tested her weight on it. It was fine now, she could move again. No backing up, galloping, fast movement or jumping. But she could move at a steady pace again, on one lead at least. A yawn split her maw for a few seconds. She was not bored, but so mentally and physically tired after a long day that she wished she could just curl up and fall into nothingness. There were things to be done. She could not. Her mouth closed with a sharp, quiet snap.

Last edited by Linnëa on January 22nd 2012, 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel January 22nd 2012, 11:53 am

Phantom nodded to Blackice. "Yes so it seems so." He grunted with amusement it his tone "It took a while but it came at last." He lifted his tail up so it would lay gently on her back as they walked towards the others. He would become a full member soon. Hopefully. This journy could take up to months. Even a year. He sighed softly. For he knew he would be one to survive his long ever lasting jounrty to the west. Because he traveled most of his life. Which was the reason why his body had changed from being a large fighting lookin' wolf to what he is now. A large thinner wolf. Built to run. Run for long distances.
(Curse you writer's block!)
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena January 22nd 2012, 2:27 pm

"I apologize, master scholar. You will stay in the bulk of the pack and those who need you can ask you for assistance. We will now need to find someone else to take the side that Adena isn't going to cover."

Adena nodded at Gale's words, hearing again the Gale that had been there before Taru and Elysia left. Maybe with the pack in its time of need, he would come back to himself a little more. She just let everyone else make the decisions, allowing their words to sink in. She hadn't much to add in terms of a plan, mainly because their plan was as good as any. She trusted the others decide what was best. They all had the pack's best intentions at heart. Gale and Crimson, it seemed, were in charge of the move; conjuring up a plan of action. So whatever they wanted her to do, she would do for the pack. She sat with a look of focus and deliberation on her muzzle and took every word into account, her eyes flitting from one to the other as Crimson, Gale and Linnëa spoke, but she said nothing for now.

"If possible, before we take this journey I would like someone to help me gather a few basic herbs. I need something to dull my injury, for starters. My episodes of not being able to move, like the one I just recently had, will not be good. If one predator gets to us, I try to get out of the way too fast, and I'm good as dead. I need to be somewhat able to grind my teeth and push on through them. For now, I collapse and can't get up for a time. It's a current weakness I loathe. And besides that, I need something to fight off infection in case someone gets themselves hurt. For something like that, I just need a herb that will become pasty and thick when prepared. It keeps the flies and disgusting insects out of an injury."

Spare me the details, Adena thought, her muzzle twitching at the mention of flies. Did she really need to be so elaborate? She had the idea of what Linnea was getting at after the first sentence. The rest of them knew very little of herbs and the like as far as she knew, so couldn't she keep all her extra information to herself? It was great, of course, to have a few wolves with the finesse for that area, but why go around lecturing about it? There was really no need. That was her opinion, anyway. She could understand if Linnëa got slightly carried away as she spoke of herbs, but there wasn't room for rambling at that moment. Adena wanted to get a move on as soon as the pack was ready. But Linnëa was just chatting away, she supposed. Maybe it was her way of making a plan, getting every idea in her head out. Adena glanced down to Linnëa's leg. It would probably slow them down slightly, but injuries were to be expected in some of them after the fire – her own pads were a little burnt and slightly stingy to stand upon. But there was more pressing matters at hand. Like Linnëa's injury, which
    looked painful.

"It does indeed take an overly special wolf to get a pack to gather as it does now. I wish you well, Crimson."

Adena arched a single eyebrow without looking at Linnea. But the scholar had already moved on, seeming to forget she had said anything. Adena couldn't think of a more suited wolf for the job Crimson was taking on. Did the others think so too? Time would tell, she thought. Everything would change within the pack if he did step up to the rank.

But what were these predators that they all spoke of? Cougar? Bears? Both were dangerous when faced alone, but even in their weakened state, the pack would be able to defend against them without too much difficulty than they already had. They would not run. Adena doubted that any predator would even approach them; the pack was large enough to look strong and intimidating to any lone predator. She would scout one side of the journeying party, looking out for possible dangers, but she was sure that they would be relatively safe even in unknown territory. She would get to know the area herself and find what she had to find.

Last edited by Adena on January 22nd 2012, 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon January 22nd 2012, 3:47 pm

Cinnamon drifted, amost accidently to the crowd that surrounded Crimson. Waiting for a suitable break in the conversation she spoke up, mostly addresing Gale

"Is there any role I can play in this expedition, or will I just be a follower?"

Then she turned to Linnea "Based on what my old pack healer told me I'd go for something like aloe as a starter, to seal the wound."
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 22nd 2012, 4:06 pm

Ice made a smile towards Phantom, something about his expression made her tilt her head a bit and ask in both wonder and a little worry, "Is something bothering you Ghost? You don't seem as, talkative..." Not quite the word I was looking for but, it'll work, I think... Ices green orbs glimmered dully in worried curiosity, perhaps she could help him somehow.

~Curses thee Writer's Block! Ugh... sorry for my lame posting guys. silent ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune January 22nd 2012, 5:03 pm

"I only speak what I know to be correct. Correct as in getting what I want. I will not lie, if even one member stays, I will as well. My duty is to protect everyone and I will do just that. Even if it means my own destruction."

Crimson sat unmoving listening as Gale began speaking once more, but as the guardian continued on talking Crimson found himself leaning closer to hear what the male had said. It became obvious that the large wolf didn’t want any others to hear his last couple of sentences. In an attempt not to draw unwanted attention on the sentences Crimson pulled his head away and returned to his previous position. One wolf would be all that it took to decide the packs future...so if one stayed…the majority would probably stay behind as well. Though in his core Crimson desperately hoped no one would object coming.

"When we move, we'll need a sort of protection on four sides. Crimson and Kira will take the lead of course and I will stay to the back of the pack, helping those who need it. Adena and Linnëa, I ask that you two take a different side. We have predators out there who will wish us harm; we need to protect the pack to the best of our abilities."

With shifting paws Crimson ran Gales plan through his own head while also taking note of the season and what potential threats could be out there at this time of year. Other animals such as bears and cougars were labeled as possible dangers, but certainly not the biggest threat. No, what the pack would need to watch carefully was the weather and other nature elements as it would not only affect the packs progress and its injured members, but also determine the movement and whereabouts of the prey they desperately needed at this point. If none were to be found or not enough was caught then the pack would surely enter a chaotic state…one of which they did not need right now.

"I apologize, master scholar. You will stay in the bulk of the pack and those who need you can ask you for assistance. We will now need to find someone else to take the side that Adena isn't going to cover."

“Before we leave I would like to know how many we have injured and of what degree. The worst of course would be a hurt limb or severe burns and should be placed in the very center. And all scholars or really any wolf with even the slightest knowledge of herbs should be placed around them so they can offer what aid they can. As for a replacement on the opposite side of Adena perhaps either Kira or I could be of service?” Crimson stated with a quick release of warm breath after he had finished speaking for the moment. It was best that they get at least the specifics planned out before setting off that way they weren’t simply walking out blindly or unprepared.

“What of Spirit? She may not be here, but she is a part of the pack as well. And If possible, as we go on this journey I would like to keep a look out for a few basic things. Probably some moss, in case anyone gets hurt."

“If she is not hurt severely then maybe she can take the opposite side if neither Kira nor I will fit that position? As for the gathering of items…it shall be allowed, but only in the area we are traveling in and only before nightfall and after sunrise. I realize the need for such things, but we can’t risk further injuries.” The male responded to Linnea’s request even though he wasn’t entirely sure if she had meant it for him or Gale.

"It does indeed take an overly special wolf to get a pack to gather as it does now. I wish you well, Crimson. "

“And I thank you for your well wishes Linnea.” He finished and shortly directed his attention to another voice…which he knew belonged to Cinnamon. “I think it would be best if you aided Linnea for the time being Cinnamon. You are a fellow scholar are you not? Your help will be needed if she plans on looking for things while we move along.” Crimson added as he looked directly at Cinnamon taking note that her question was probably directed more toward Gale though no real hints were given that such things were true.

“And finally after the survey of the injured is done I would like to know how many would be able to hunt as well as those who are actually skilled and ranked in that particular position. Perhaps we will be lucky and find a larger animal that has been weakened by the flames of the fire and not so hard to take down. If not we will stick to smaller prey and other things we can eat.” Crimson said finally finishing up his talking for the moment. Once he had his counts and all basic plans were made they would be able to set off for sure.

(Pretty sure I covered almost all the things I needed on here and even some that were not directed toward Crimson! Yay!)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cashel January 22nd 2012, 7:02 pm

Phantom chuckled. "I guess there is. But it will have to wait until i have the courage to let it out." The white brute flicked his ears. Hopefully he hadnt given away any clues. "And i'd blame the less talkitiveness on my lungs. Whom also can wait until we stop someplace." His golden dulled up. It didnt want her to feel that it was her fault because of his lungs now. "It wasnt your fault. I shouldnt have challenged you like that to a race!" he blurrted out quickly. "That was what i need to ask though..."

(Writers block has struken once again! And blame hockey practice."
Cashel
Cashel
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next