Cashel
Dago
Rune
27 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Evergreen Forest - Page 10 Empty Re: Evergreen Forest

Post by Kall August 15th 2012, 3:09 pm

((OoC: This'll be my last post for a week or so as I'm leaving tomorrow for camping and I need to dedicate today to packing lol ^^;
I'll do something with my character so Ever can continue on without me for a bit if she wants until I can come back and catch up lolz =P ))

Kall watched his new friend for a while, somehow enjoying the way she sniffed around and explored. It was fun to have others to talk to and hang out with.
As he watched, his head slowly drooped onto his front paws. He laid there real quiet for a while before his eyes started to close and sleep soon overtook him.
He opened his mouth wide to yawn then soon flopped over and curled up to sleep.

Sleep.
That was something he hadn't done in a good while. Not nearly as much as he needed to at least.
And all that running around really took its toll on him.
As he slept, he dreamed of the white doves floating across the sky.
Kall
Kall
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting August 15th 2012, 4:22 pm

Ever smiled when she saw him go to sleep. She yawned herself, and padded over to lay down beside him. She fell asleep also, leaning her head on his shoulders for support.
Everlasting
Everlasting
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver August 15th 2012, 10:55 pm

"I would very much enjoy the walk, and the talk. Wolves my size need the exercise."

The khaki female gave a silent nod, feeling her emotions wrench almost shyly at the idea of giving out her past to what was almost a stranger. Though, she had already agreed, but perhaps she wouldn't give all of her history. Only what this male wanted to hear. Her current emotions were spring troubles, the pressures of her own natural instincts, as well as those being the alphess. She felt inclined to have pups. Though Banishing Winds was different, and any mated pair with permission could birth their own litter and raise them, and though she knew in no way did the have to have puppies, it was still confusing for her. Perhaps, if she was Master Scholar as she had been a year ago, she wouldn't feel this way. Though, even before that, when she had her own mate, before he died, she had felt just a tinge of this. A subtle reminder in the fall two and a half years back, that spring was on its way. But that spring came, and she was alone when it happened, and in an unfamiliar pack. Now, she was fully settled, but Spring only brought past and present pains to the front of her mind.

Her movements were jerky and held a hint of nervousness as she made her way from the others, her eyes trailing only for a few moments on Adena and Crimson. She was going to give up. And she knew this quite well. It was inevitable. That was when another scent on the wind caught her attention, one foreign and yet familiar. One that she had smelled a year ago, normally tinged with Gale as well. Taru? The name was unfamiliar and yet she remembered vaguely the small female Gale had been close to. The small female had left though, and that was when him and the khaki female became friends, and then for only a few weeks, mates. Now she knew, she knew it was over. And, for a strange reason... She was okay with that. He would be happy. She was used to these pressures, any pressures really, and now that she felt such was settled it only caused more of her past to bubble up. She looked back, to Derek, whom hopefully would be following.

"I had many siblings and friends before I came to this pack a year ago. Two cousins, four brothers, and two sisters. And a mate. And then countless friends, acquaintances. Well, you see me now.." She trailed off, still thinking. She paused, and then stopped, turning to sit facing in the male's direction, her posture stiff, but she was trying to look relaxed. "Before I go into some deep ramble on my past... What would you be interested... In hearing?" Her words came slowly, pausing, as she was unsure how to go about this. Giving an awkward sideways glance, she continued quietly, attempting to give the male options. "I have a ramble on my family, which you may find interesting since you're an old member. I'm related to the last Master Scholar, Silver, via cousins, for instance. And then a litter before me, and a litter after. I was only born as one, though, no direct siblings. And my general history, including a wonderful war, the one that caused a sequence of events to bring me to where I am today. And then current drama." She gave a light hearted smile in the hopes of causing some of the strangeness of the conversation to fade. She wondered if he'd known Silver, he seemed the type who would.

(Haha! Yes, yes, I'm starting to connect some of my characters in a more fun way! :D)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Evergreen Forest - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue100/100Evergreen Forest - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago August 16th 2012, 12:41 am

Dago winced only slightly as she groomed the place so marked by old scars, but relaxed completely. He hoped that she would understand that there would be a process to him, that many years had to be undone before he would be a worthy mate of her, if such was even possible.

First, though, he needed to learn how to be a proper mate. Partner, provider, and closest companion. Would he be able to take care of her like he should? Before, he could hardly care for himself, but perhaps as a pack member he would now have better access to the requirements of life. His muscles relaxed as she made him feel completely at ease.

A weak smile crossed his face when she asked after his concerns. "My lady, I fear that at any moment I will awake and find this all a cruel dream, and spend my life trying desperately to return to this place and time, and rue each waking moment for the rest of my days. I feel a joy so profound that I'm afraid that it surely cannot be reality."
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden August 16th 2012, 1:52 pm

Cayden watched from afar the rest of the packs movements. His grey gaze followed after nothing. The female who named herself to be Linnëa. She was nice to him unlike the many wolves he'd gone past in his two years on the earth. She was going for a walk with a male whom he hadn't met or talked to yet. He'd been there when he presented himself to the pack. Being that he didn't much care if they were walking or running he turned away, going deeper into the forest with a pronounced bounce in his step. His meal that lasted him a moment felt like lead in his belly. He didn't really have an appetite at the moment so he'd wait until later to eat.  His white paws padded proudly through the undergrowth without much difficulty. 

He stopped walking after what seemed like hours but was only a few minutes. Lost in his own thought he always lost track of time. Most of the males thoughts traveled to his past when he was little with his siblings. His mothers words had comforted him so he missed her terribly. "Come on Cay" she murmured resuming his walk "Let's head back to the area where the rest of them are. Maybe Linnëa will take a walk with me or whoever". He smirked at his words before bounding away back to the others keeping calm. 
Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon August 16th 2012, 3:23 pm

"My lady, I fear that at any moment I will awake and find this all a cruel dream, and spend my life trying desperately to return to this place and time, and rue each waking moment for the rest of my days. I feel a joy so profound that I'm afraid that it surely cannot be reality."

She laughed aloud at that "Tis no dream, my Gliron." Still smirking she nipped his scruff gently and lent on him in comfort to belie any old fears. "See, you felt that, and I have yet to know wolf feel pain in his dreams without waking."

Then she bounced away, glancing back at him "Tell me what truly worries you, as you would tell one you love, as I would tell you without a second thought." Slowly she turned to face him again , heart thumping with fear over what he might say and eyes deeply earnest "Gliron, you can trust me, I will not breath a word of this to any other wolf"
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex August 16th 2012, 4:14 pm

(what did i miss...? :D)

Midnight watched all the new friends together, she smiled it reminded her of when she was little.

She sighed, laying back down she watched wolf by wolf pass her.

She stood up, she was ready yo make some new friends, she pranced off to meet some friends, and for once actuly had a smile on her face.
Alex
Alex
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 16th 2012, 11:34 pm

Derek attempted to relax his stiff shoulders and listen to what the female said. It was obvious she did not want to really tell much about her past, obvious in the way she asked him to pinpoint a specific thing he would like to talk about. Thing was he knew if he did that, he would not really be of any help to her. " How about you just talk and i shall listen, i am a very good listener." He smiled and continued to walk by her side.

She began to talk of siblings, members of her family, all that shared fairly common names, it was interesting to hear, considering he and his own sister had been so different, not only in names but attitude as well. Same with his half sister as well.

His ears did perk into full alertness when Linnea began to speak of a wolf he did know. "You are related to Silver? She was indeed a good friend of mine, but go on, i did not mean to interrupt." He looked away, with more respect for the she-wolf beside him then he had a moment ago. Sure he had respected her, but he had been a great friend so Silver, in fact Silver had been one of many wolves that had helped him get over the fact that when Derek first proposed a mating, Palla had turned him down. He had been forever grateful then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 17th 2012, 5:01 pm

(I'm going to try to jump back in here)

Stirring, the scholar unfurled from her ball-like position at the base of a lovely oak tree. The sun shone through dappled tree branches and leaves as the season bore onward to the next one. Liafi could hear the commotion of the pack, but really, that was not what had awoken her. She had just ... been a little overwhelmed. Now, it was time to face all of those things.

Rising to her paws, the female glanced about the forest. There were sure to be herbs around that she could gather to be prepared for any sort of injury or illness to fall to the pack. Shifting through the lush greenery, the coy wolf was pleased to say that her searches were not in vain. There were so many fruitful plants that could help out, but she also made note on those that were deadly. In any case, they could be used to put a wolf out of its misery, but any other time, the deadly plants could get other sickening material from the belly of the ill.

Shaking her head in memory, Liafi lifted her gaze to see those that were gathered and hanging out. Her heart sank a little as she realized that many of them were not familiar in the slightest, but she would have to be persistent. As the head of the scholars, she should know the wolves she might be treating. To be honest, she was just about as clueless about who in the pack was also a scholar. Hanging her head in shame, Liafi sat down. Her next search would be for some places to hold picked herbs, but for now, she had a hankering for socializing.

But with whom? she wondered, yellow gaze slipping from wolf to wolf.

Sighing irritably, she gave up on her (rather lame) socializing endeavors and rose to begin sniffing around for more herbs. As she sniffed, her attention to where she was going slipped. Before she knew it, there was yellow pollen all over her face and she stumbled back, aghast at this sudden change of scenery. The patch of colorful flowers was disturbed, with petals askew and floating in the air, briefly defying the laws of gravity. Sneezing, Liafi shook her head, but the pollen stuck to her snout like burs.

Eyes irritated, she ran blindly through the territory until she came to the river and buried her face in the stream's cool liquid. It washed the yellow away, but the backlash was that she felt as though there was something clogging her nose. Sneezing once more, Liafi looked around, hoping that the embarrassing event had gone unnoticed.

(Yup. Lame)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden August 17th 2012, 8:53 pm

Cayden sighed happily as he spotted the river.  He padded to the edge letting the water lap over his paws. The male stepped in, creeping until it lapped just underneath his belly. He smiled slightly and sighed wagging his tail. He'd love the river when he was with Nari. They would swim for hours on end until they collapsed with exhaustion and fell asleep lulled by the river. 

His grey gaze watched the surface of the water with mild interest. The river didn't seem so much fun now. With a shrug he turned back to land padding out of the river an shaking off.  Something caught his grey eyes to attention. A female. Much smaller then him came running a ways away from him and sticking her nose into the water. Odd. He'd never seen anyone run for water unless they were desperate. Maybe she was. He didn't really care but some company would do the male good. Picking himself up again he padded to the female. 

"You alright there?" he asked politely. 

The male didn't want to intrude on her tidings but she seemed in pain of some sort. 
Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 18th 2012, 1:40 am

"You all right there?"

With a startled gasp, Liafi backed away, her eyes on the light colored wolf. Who was he? Had she seen him before? Not able to conjure a solid memory with him in it, she felt a bit reluctant to respond pleasantly to his inquiry, but at the same time, he had some of the pack's scent on him. Another sneeze passed while she thought, and headache began to throb more toward her sinuses.

With her yellow gaze turned to this male, she dipped her head. "I am quite all right," she answered. But her voice was too high pitched, too forced was her attempted calm, and the truth was too clear. She was not really all right. No. She felt like pollen still clung to her snout, and that was not something that the coy wolf cared for. Staring at her nose and going cross-eyed, Liafi wondered if the yellowy substance had departed in the water, or if some persistent clumps still lingered.

"Who are you, anyway?" she inquired to fill the silent air. Her tail waved slowly, but that this male had approached her and seemed to not host malevolent intentions or to hold a recalcitrant attitude was enough for the coy wolf to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden August 18th 2012, 4:47 am

• "I am quite alright" 

He smiled lightly at her words assured that she was fine. Cayden didn't know this female nor had he ever seen her in his short time in the pack. With a relaxed smile the male sat, keeping calm and giving the female a reassuring smile. 

"Who are you, anyway?"

She asked straight up front to him shocking the male a bit. Eh everything shocked the poor male these days considering her knew no one besides Linnëa and this wolf whom he'd like to have her name. The male stood flashing a bright row of pointy teeth before speaking. 

"The names Cayden" he replied with a small incline of his head "I'm new around these parts and just became a member of the pack nearby. Are you a member as well?"

He could faintly smell the packs scent on her and knew that was a dumb question to ask her. He shook his head and restarted. 

"Mind if I ask your name?" 
Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 18th 2012, 3:18 pm

"The name's Cayden. I'm new around these parts and just became a member of the pack nearby."

Nearby pack? she wondered. Did that mean he wasn't a Banishing Winds member? Gazing at the wolf, she wondered just how distant this "nearby pack" was. She could not recall scenting any other packs, but then again, stranger things had happened. Her yellow eyes were trained on the male in a stare, which took what was sure to be an uncomfortable amount of time for the male for her to realize that she was indeed staring.

"Are you a member as well?"

Liafi blinked. Was he a member of the Banishing Winds or some other pack that had a residence nearby? she was speechless as her mind rolled over it all; how was she supposed to deal with a wolf if she did not yet know if he was one of them or an outsider? The confusion of it all was not helping with her headache in the slightest, and now that nap she had taken was calling for a round two.

"I am a Banishing Winds member, if that is what you are asking," she began to say. Something seemed to change with the light colored male. The change made her pause about halfway through the sentence and finish awkwardly as the male seemed to think twice about his question. He shook his head, as if he was scolding himself for something then shifted his demeanor. Startled, Liafi watched him and listened, enraptured by what danger might be befalling the pack from this strange wolf.

"Mind if I ask your name?"

Without realizing it, the coy wolf had taken a single step from the shore and toward the male. He was curious, that much was definite. The inquisitive part of her mind wanted to ask so many questions, but she had been hurt numerous times by her curiosity and that experience told her to suppress all the interest she might be feeling. "Not at all," she responded smoothly and slowly. Her ears leaned forward as she sat and watched the off-white male. He smelled a little like Linnëa. Maybe he is a Banishing Winds wolf after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting August 19th 2012, 9:36 am

Her dreams, were strange.

A older male, perhaps... Her father? Gently pushed her side to the front of the meadow. "Look." He said. So she looked. Butterflys haunted the grassy fields, as deer romped and played. "What is this?" She asked, leaning on the pads of her toes to get a better look. "It is your home. Can't you remember?" She looked down. "No." The male did a double take. After a few moments of cautious blinking and muttering to himself, he calmed. "One day you will remember."

And with that, she awoke.
Everlasting
Everlasting
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden August 19th 2012, 5:52 pm

"I am a Banishing Winds member, if that is what you are asking"

He nodded giving her a small smile. The male noted her pelt color and eyes color for later things just invade he somehow did forget the curious female. He watched her with a curious grey eyes. They watched her, trying to unlock some secret that they seemed to hold. 'Probably nothing' he thought cocking his white head to the side. He didn't much care for females these days but this one caught his attention and made him watch her every move she made. 

"Not at all" 

He flashed her a brilliant smile wanting to know this females name already. She interested him like when he was younger and how the wind would carry over the grass and he'd sit fascinated about it.  "What is your name oh kind lady?" he mused taking another step forward slowly. 

Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting August 19th 2012, 6:12 pm

Ever's eyes slid flickered open, and a hint of recognition lingered in the vast, ocean blue space. "I remember."
Her thoughts, her past. She had forgotten it all, in that day. Now some fragment of it has returned. Well, at least her father's image had returned. Before, it was always darkness, enveloping her completely. Now, one singular memory had risen.
"Dasknen. His name is Dasknen." She murmured to herself, trying out the words. They seemed to fit. "My. . Father's name is Dasknen." It was just a word, a name, but maybe, one day, she could find him. Maybe, that little name could have importance.

Everlasting
Everlasting
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver August 19th 2012, 8:28 pm

"How about you just talk and i shall listen, i am a very good listener." And then, before the female could so much as think a reply, "You are related to Silver? She was indeed a good friend of mine, but go on, i did not mean to interrupt."

Linnëa nodded simply, her eyes were far off at that moment. She stood, quiet and emotionless, for simply moments before they seemed to refocus. She furrowed the space between her eyes for a moment, before allowing her facial expression to relax. "It's fine. And I am." Feeling somewhat reserved, she took a slight step backwards, trying her best not to retreat from opening up to this male, but she found it a bit hard. She didn't really like her past, or thinking about it. She'd much prefer to keep it bottled up and hidden. Her eyes looked up hesitantly to Derek, giving loud vibes of uncertainty. Then, she loosed a breath of anxiety, and settled down into a sitting position. "Well, I was born, in my birth pack." She stopped, and gave an irritated look directed to herself. "Well, of course. Ah.. I was the second litter, though due to a problem in my mother's pregnancy, I was the lone sibling, the only live pup in the litter. I have 6 brothers and sisters. One of which I found particularly beloved. Siro. He was older than me, around a year or more, as well as my two sisters Felicity and Canis. Canis taught me all I know in herbs and such, and Felicity disappeared when she was young. We suspect a bear got her, but we really don't know. She was very shy, I hardly even saw her. And then, another litter of pups was born after me, three males. They were mischievous and could bring smiles and laughter even in the darkest of times. My parents, of course, were Lihn, and Aeyra. "

"Around when I was 6 months old, Siro was appointed as a Guardian, and was given the task of raising a young wolf companion to bond with and serve aside. I began my own training to become a guardian a year later. The wolves I was a part of and the wolves that became our companions, friends, and allies were a different type. Burly, strong, and almost ancient even when they are young. By one year old Siro's friend, whom was named Aureus, was bigger than I. I was friends with him too." She gave a small smile, though it was grave, in obvious reference to them no longer being in existence. "When I was two years of age... The war began. Another pack had separated from my own birth pack, and managed to drive off our alpha male and female, whom was pregnant. They were forced to live separately for a month and came back as only the mother, our alphess, and two pups. Amethyst and Cross. Moonlight, the other pup, had been separated from the group, the father killed, and one of the pups was stillborn. This caused much turmoil, and I was thrown head first into battle due to my decent amount of training. I was placed alongside Siro and Aureus. "

"They saved my life so many times. I only wish I could have given that gift to them. In the last battle I've fought in, Siro was struck and killed. Aureus attempted to slay his murderer, but only managed to give a harmful wound before being killed himself. Both of my friends were dead. My brother, and my best friend. All I had then was my mate. I cannot, however, say much for my sanity." She looked up, showing a ghost of madness that flickered in and out of existence in moments. "I went mad. And I, I was the one who struck the murderer down. You'll never want to see me like that. " She winced slightly, she didn't like that side of her. The mad side, the one she had simply stepped into without argument. "By the time I was done fighting, still maddened, I simply collapsed and slept. I slept for almost a full day before waking up... Waking up to an empty forest with only bodies and the washed away scents of my allies around me. They'd thought I was dead and continued on. I still smelt my mate, however, so I went looking. And what I found was the worst thing of all."

"His rabid shell." She looked up from the ground once more, and her blank stare moved away from Derek and to the forest. "My mate, Aeram, had been infected with rabies. And he was in the final stage, the rage stage, and all he wanted was to kill me. The things he said, as he attempted to slay me, were enough to kill me on their own. But in self defense, I was the one who dealt the killing. Now, I'd killed my mate. It was only a little consolidation to know he was not really there. After that, I just ran. I ran for days, only stopping when I could run no more. And then, then I came across the daughter of my alpha, Silver Moonlight. My cousin. She told me to go with her, back to her pack, but I refused. I didn't want to go back, it was too painful. I had failed my mother and father, their prized son was killed, and couldn't help- I can't help but feel it was my fault. So she directed me here, to the Banishing Winds Pack. And so here I am."

She finally looked up to Derek again, her eyes like broken sapphires. "But it is all okay. " She smiled, bottling up her emotions once again. "Besides, that's not even my current problem." She sat up fully now, standing, giving a quick, cat-like stretch. It did feel good to get that out. But she wasn't sure if she really wanted to go on. "So.."
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Evergreen Forest - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue100/100Evergreen Forest - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran August 19th 2012, 11:51 pm

She spoke smoothly, but at a brisk professional pace. Her voice was impersonal, as if reporting to a commander. “Excuse me, my name is Thaddea.” Introduce One’s Self. The first step was completed, even including a polite introduction. She often handled such things poorly. “I am interested in seeking a place among your ranks. May I proceed in making such a request for acceptance?”

Pinion’s mouth formed a tight line as yet another wolf, presumably a loner like the first appeared from behind the thicket. However, unlike before, Pinion did not find himself startled by her appearance. She spoke loud and clear, as though her goal had been set long before she had even met the brute. While her voice was smooth, like that of the unbroken surface of a lake, it held certain rigidness beneath it. Even Pinion, who was unable to grasp such extreme emotions, could feel the eagerness that so desired the perfect reply. Everything was crisp, orderly, and done right, or at least it appeared that way by the female’s standards. The tones in her voice were that of the perfect soldier, and the male had often heard such things in the guardians that served the pack.

“Greetings, Thaddea.” Pinion began, matching the female’s formal tone with that of his slightly less rigid one. “I’m sure you are welcome to take your place here among our ranks, however, I am in no position to make such decisions. If you haven’t met the Betas or Alphas while on your travels though our territory, I suggest quickening your pace to do so.” A small smile tugged at Pinion’s lips as he spoke. “If you’d like, I can take you to Crimson or Linnëa, if they’re around. Having company might lower any risk to a loner such as yourself if you are discovered wandering around the territory.”

Rising to a stand, Pinion shook his pelt loose of any nettles that had collected. If he was fortunate, he would encounter any of the council and would have no need to wander about searching for the others. “You’re welcome to follow if you wish; I have no need to visit the alphas.” Pinion joked nodding towards the trees. “But there is no need to look so rigid. If this pack was all business, we would only be surviving here, not living.”
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago August 20th 2012, 1:34 am

Dago was uncertain as to whether it was possible for the dreamer to feel pain. Remembering his past often came in the form of dreams, and he always awoke with the same sadness and fear, the same pain. However, the nip on the scruff of his neck was a different feeling altogether, not the sort of pain he knew, but something good.

He nearly bound after ner, but seemed slightly crestfallenat her question. He was afraid of how to answer her question. There would be other times to tell her everything about him, why spoil this moment?

"If only I had words enough to tell you everything." He said. "Given time, perhaps I will find words enough. I've been alone for a very long time, truth be told, and there were times when I feared I would be alone forever. Yet here I am with an angel, and the life of a lone wolf is one that I never have to face again." It took a lot to get that off his chest. He wasn't used to being so candid with anyone. He would learn, though. Given time.

((Lame! Sorry about the lameness.))
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Elysia August 20th 2012, 2:46 pm

It was the male of tans and beiges that deigned to notice her. She watched his eyes shift to hers, a flash of exasperation in his eyes. She lodged the image in the back of her mind, determined to mull over it at a later time. She wasn’t entirely sure what about her approach had caused such an emotion. She had practiced and perfected her greeting. It rang with respect and proper etiquette. She could see no affront that she might have given him. She watched him, just as he watched her. She remained silent, as her plan had dictated. She had been careful, meticulous. She had a schedule to follow, a certain order to things. She would gain nothing from hastiness, from stuttering bumbling over-explanation. Eventually, he seemed to decide her words were indeed acceptable. The others had either wandered away, or took no notice of her. It was simply herself, and this male with exasperation in his eyes.

“Greetings Thaddea,”

He spoke as she did, with formality. It pleased her, to hear something familiar – some semblance of higher intelligence. She dipped her head to him in reply. She had relaxed slightly, his formality putting her at ease. He continued to speak. She met his gaze evenly, cool and calm yet cold and aloof. “I’m sure you are welcome to take your place here among our ranks, however, I am in no position to make such decisions. If you haven’t met the Betas or Alphas while on your travels through our territory, I suggest quickening your pace to do so.” She liked this male more and more as he spoke. He had a wit about him, and answered her queries just as she would have – had their roles been switched. He wasted no time with pleasantries, for which Thaddea had no use. Rather, he seemed eager to finish their business. He gave her the information she needed at a timely pace. There was no foolish welcome, no eager tour or chatty conversation. He was efficient – professional.

And, strangely enough, that very same professionalism which made him a comfort made him also a threat. Could it be possible he spoke this way because he pursued that thing which she so desired – perfection? Was he a rival in her contest to rise above? This thought too was stored away, to be mulled over at another time. For this male, whose name he had not provided, was speaking again. He was smart. She wouldn’t have provided her name unless necessity required – and necessity did not require anything of him. “If you’d like, I can take you to Crimson or Linnea, if they’re around. Having company might lower any risk to a loner such as yourself if you are discovered wandering around the territory.”

She dipped her head again, finally speaking in her smooth brisk tone. “I would greatly appreciate such an escort. I agree that an introduction to your leaders in a timely fashion would be desirable.” Her tone was clipped, curt, yet somehow not rude. It was merely formal, business-like. She kept her head high, moving after him as he rose. She had seen the smile tug at his lips, yet couldn’t understand precisely what the cause was. She had yet to see anything particularly amusing. He was speaking again, welcoming her to follow him – which she did. And in it he slipped a joke, or what appeared to be an attempt at humor. Were surviving and living not the same thing? One could clarify that living depended on the ability to thrive over that to survive– but she couldn’t entirely understand this male’s attempt at humor. Her brows knitted together, one raising slightly. It was obvious she had not entirely understood the joke. Instead she replied in the same tone as previously - “I don’t understand your implications, is life not a game of survival?”
Elysia
Elysia
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon August 20th 2012, 4:30 pm

Cinnamon watched Gliron as he spoke, seeing in his depressed mien and manner those fears he could not speak aloud. Well, he might not be able to, but she would. Slowly she fixed her gaze on him, guiding his head upward to it's former proud position

"You're frightened of the others. You think you've erred in accepting my offer." She stepped closed, nudging him gently "You haven't Gliron, I chose to ask you because I loved you. If any of the others want to qubble that, then they can speak to me, not you."

The scholoar smiled "Besides, any of us are allowed to take mates within the pack. It's not restricted to the Alphas here... Gliron, you don't have to run anymore, don't have to spin around and look over your shoulder. I'm here now to watch for you... as are all the pack. You're safe..."
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 20th 2012, 8:58 pm

"What is your name oh kind lady?"

The slight female beamed. This male, Cayden, was truly a captivating member of their species. His interest and apparent merriment were contagious. It was hard to keep a straight face as she responded almost immediately. "They call me Liafi," she informed the light colored male appreciatively. He was so kind, and yet, something about him reminded her of herself.

Tilting her head to the side, she pondered at what this could mean. Maybe we will become friends she thought, somehow excited by the venture. Usually, she was not one to take so quickly to males. But Cayden was different. His brilliant smile and intelligent grey eyes seemed to have so much just waiting to be discovered that Liafi actually found herself bristling with excitement.

Pausing, she mulled over that a bit as well. It was a new feeling to be so excited about meeting another and the prospect of being friends. She had not really ever had many friends, and those that she did have tended to be outcasts. The coy wolf thought about Jackie, with her fancy talk and distrust. If it had not been for Jackie, she may not have even been alive to be standing there and having such a conversation with this grey-eyed male. I must go thank her she thought, wondering where the swashbuckling female had gone.

At the moment, though, her paws were tied with getting to know this newer male. Smiling invitingly, she took no notice of the step closer that he had taken. Usually one for such details, the fact that it slipped was a sign that she already trusted the male. So much change, and she had no idea that it was taking place. "So, are you liking it here so far, Cayden?" she questioned. She knew that she adored this new home, and often times wondered how other members felt about it. The addition of his name at the end seemed to be a sign of personalizing the conversation. She would likely remember meeting this male.

Another startling turn of events was the absence of her prior headache. Smiling even brighter of the aspect of that being gone, Liafi sat down and slid her paw across her muzzle. It dripped with water, as did most of the fur on her face, and the sooner she could get dry the better. Unfortunately, though, she realized too late that her endeavors to get the pollen from her snout had scared away all of the fish. I'll fish in another spot she thought, looking down the stream.

Turning back to Cayden, she began to ponder at what kind of life he had led up until that point. Had he been treated well, or had he had a rough start? Curious, she opened her mouth to ask; but she quickly closed it, realizing that such a personal question might be rude, and she most definitely did not want to risk losing a potential friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden August 20th 2012, 10:31 pm

"They call me Liafi"

He beamed at the sound of her name and how it rang in his sensitive ears. "Liafi" he murmured stepping a tad bit closer "What a pretty name". He smiled lightly his grey eyes looking her over. So far he was liking this wolf more then he thought he would have. He wasn't on to trust other wolves do easily but with her it easy to like this lovely female. 

"So, are you liking it so far, Cayden?"

He perked his ears the the sound of his name and his fluffy white tail beat happily upon the hard packed earth. "I am actually enjoying it very much Liafi" he murmured putting his head a bit closer to her. 
Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 20th 2012, 10:34 pm

Ooc: Uhh guys can someone else be giving me the tour of the territory I posted forever ago and Falco still hasn't responded

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 20th 2012, 10:39 pm

"I am actually enjoying it very much, Liafi."

Smiling slightly, the coy wolf turned her attention to the male in time to see his inching closer. Something within her shut down and the warm excitement of friendship faded. This was a male. Not just a male, but a male that seemed interested. Maybe a little too interested. Her smile fell slightly and rose to one side as she looked around, wandering just what the other wolves were doing.

"Well, it was a pleasure to meet you, Cayden," she remarked formally. Rising to her paws, Liafi shook out her fur in an attempt to get the water droplets to leave her pelt. The sun would dry it out soon enough, no doubt, but for now, it was the best she could do. She had paid no attention to where the water drops had splayed before looking up toward the sky. "I have an old friend I must speak with," she informed him, hoping to rid herself of the awkward feeling that had so quickly overtaken her.

Don't over think it she warned herself Just let him be a friend. Looking back at Cayden, her smiled turned a little more genuine. "Would you like to come along?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum