Cashel
Dago
Rune
27 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Evergreen Forest - Page 4 Empty Re: Evergreen Forest

Post by Soran July 19th 2012, 7:08 pm

Pinion gaze flitted upward as he heard the familiar crunch of dead leaves under foot. Through the nettles of the thick evergreens, he could make out several forms traversing up and down the creek bed. A few of them had broken apart into groups to speak to one another and exchange the comings and goings of the pack. As Pinion’s golden gaze moved from member to member, he realized suddenly he didn’t know the names that belonged to these wolves. In truth, he had only met Linnëa as well as Crimson. The others simply hadn’t crossed his path, and Pinion nature wasn’t to approach alone. Occasionally, he would approach an alpha or a beta, but it was usually it was on strict business or an offer to hunt.

Flexing his claws into the soft earth, Pinion turned away from the rolling waters and strode back into the thick underbrush. Perhaps he would go hunting later, though he wouldn’t do it alone. Any successful hunter knew of safety in numbers; while the strongest hunted with others, the foolish hunted alone. As Pinion settled on a bed of dead nettles beneath a decaying pine, he vaguely wondered if the pack had any other hunters to speak for.

( I had to post something. XD)

Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago July 19th 2012, 11:40 pm

Dago blinked stupidly, surprised at the ease of the alpha's acceptance. During the alpha's initial scrutiny of the wolf Dago was certain that there would be some flaw identified by the other in him. Why, Dago himself could think of a few items, based solely on appearance, that would keep him out of a pack.

Home.

The term was like a word in a foreign tongue in the brute's mind. Certainly, he'd dwelt in many places and worked with multiple packs, but a home was something he never really knew. To think that one would be offered with such ease, with nothing yet asked of him in return, was utterly baffling. While his tail and ears still nestled in deference to the superior male, Dago allowed his legs to straighten more comfortably, and he stood at his full height, meager as it was. He met the other male's eyes but briefly before looking away.

But, why, he wanted to ask the other. Why was it so simple? What would be asked of him in return? Did Dago have something he could offer, something of himself he could give to the pack? As the wolf who hunts enjoys the feast most fully, so the wolf with purpose within enjoy the company of the pack. Would Dago merely be a member, with nothing to contribute? Even in his old pack he was given the task of bull bait, lowly omega, and friend to the cubs who sought the companionship of a story teller. This wolf didn't even want to know from whence he came.

Other wolves would perhaps be hurt at his lack of interest in a new clan member, but Dago was somewhat relieved. As far as a wolf of a pack, his track record was poor, and his ability to contribute was, at best, pathetic. With Cinnamon still at his side, Dago fought the urge to express himself fully. Instead he said thusly,

"I thank you for your kindness, most gracious lord, and for such acceptance. I wish that I could swear to honor you with my service, but I am a poor servant in most regards. However, for the goodness that you and yours have shown me, I swear my life and my loyalty to your band, a poor offering, but all that I have to give."

Remembering himself then, he gave an apologetic look to the female who'd warned him against such speech, and stepped back reverently. He had not been excused from the presence of the alpha, and was uncertain as to what was expected of him now. The ways and manners of this pack, like so many others, confused and unnerved him.
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adena July 20th 2012, 12:03 pm

It was evident that Gale and Linnëa were mates. To Adena's surprise, she felt very little jealousy when she discovered this. It wasn't that she didn't care, but she didn't mind as much as she thought she might. She was, however, quite angry with herself for ever thinking about Gale in that way. At the back of her mind, she chastised herself for failing to block out her emotions as she always had. How could she have thought Gale would return such a foolish feeling? It didn't matter though, because now things were returning to normal. She wasn't tormented with the confusion she had felt around Gale any longer. And she wasn't going to dwell on happenings, either. She decided to try and put that silliness to the back of her mind.

After the avalanche, things had settled down since no lives were lost. The pack had grown accustomed to their territory. The pack had been through so much and they were still together under strong leadership. It was thanks to them that the pack was still large and thriving. Now, winter was coming to a close and it was springtime. The grass had emerged from the melting snow, so green after the bleakness of winter. Adena had further explored the territory from the Badlands to where the pack rested now: the Evergreen Forest. The pack's future was once again looking bright. Loners had come in from the surrounding area and asked for acceptance. They included Pinion, Nikolai, and a female that went by the name of Calico Jackie. It was hard to keep track of them all. But all that mattered was that the pack was doing very well for itself.

“I see, well Dago if that is the case you are truly looking for a place to call your home. Then I welcome you amongst us.”

Crimson's voice disrupted her thought stream and the red female glanced over to see that he was speaking with Cinnamon and a strange male. The male, obviously, had just gained his place in the pack. Quite easily, too. Adena had seen Crimson be far more rigid with acceptance with others. But she agreed with Crimson's decision; Dago seemed loyal and hard-working - both honourable traits. However, she was wary of the new member. He was a stranger to her, and would be for a while. Then, when Dago spoke, Adena realised that this new male spoke in long-winded sentences in a very proper manner. Dago's reply to Crimson was certainly gracious, but would a simple 'thank you' not have had the same result as his words did? The male, she gathered, was different. Different in the sense of his.. wiring.

"I thank you for your kindness, most gracious lord, and for such acceptance. I wish that I could swear to honor you with my service, but I am a poor servant in most regards. However, for the goodness that you and yours have shown me, I swear my life and my loyalty to your band, a poor offering, but all that I have to give."

Adena grasped that this was the way the strange male spoke. It didn't change her general opinion of him, but it was much easier to keep things simple, was it not? Adena walked calmly in Crimson's direction and stopped at his side. Dago was still standing in front of the alpha alongside Cinnamon. Cinnamon, the fiery she-wolf realised, had taken quite a shine to the polite male. Adena nodded to Dago in a way of greeting him, her icy silver-blue eyes flicking quickly over his features, before looking to Cinnamon. "Would you care to show Dago around our territory, Cinnamon?" she asked quietly, smiling at the brown female.

Here you go, Criminal. I finally managed to post! ^^
Adena
Adena
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon July 20th 2012, 4:27 pm

Cinnamon watched as Crimson assessed Dago, saw the tin flash of concern on the Alpha male's face. Clearly there was something he found strange.
“I see, well Dago if that is the case you are truly looking for a place to call your home. Then I welcome you amongst us.”
A huge whoosh of air escaped from her lungs, leaving her gasping. It was only then she realised she'd been holding her breath, nervous to the point of terror that Crimson would reject her Gliron. She mentally shook her head, glad she wouldn't be confronting a difficult decision any time soon. She felt Gliron stand slightly taller, revealing himself to have a smidgin more height at the shoulder than herself. But she could sense his confusion through his relief, realised that he hadn't really believed her explanation of the pack's system. It stung slightly
But you can't expect him to believe everything you say, you've only just met

As soon as the speech finished she felt Gliron's eyes turn to her. When she met them it was to see apology, he clearly thought he'd disobeyed her. She smiled and gave him the tiniest nod; You've done well, she tried to say You are correct to do as you did

Cinnamon was so wrapped up in trying to comfort Gliron that she jumped at a soft voice nearby
"Would you care to show Dago around our territory, Cinnamon?"

She shifted her gaze and met Adena's blue eyes, which had clearly studied Gliron and understood his nature. Struggling to hide her feelings under that gaze she nodded to the other female, flashing a small smile in return.
"Of course" She turned her head and gently nudged Gliron's shoulder with her nose "If you would care to come with me, Scholar Dago" She gave his title extra emphasis and was relieved when his ordinary name slipped easily from her tongue. Carefully she took a half step away, her nose pointing slightly towards the forest once more.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2012, 5:13 pm

Saphera heard no response to her howl and no one had come. She decided to try and set out for their territory. She looked around and saw a few wolves talking and her instincts told her to hide, but for once she resisted the urge walked up to one and said "Uhh...hi I'm Saphera and....well I need to join this pack and I couldn't find the territory so I could ask the alpha if I possibly could." She looked up at the fae she just talked to hoping for a response that would get this over with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 20th 2012, 9:34 pm

“A poor offering you say?” Crimson, began his expression changing from a welcoming grin, to a faint frown as the alpha fell silent. “Your loyalty and life mean more than any talents or special skills you may or may not possess Dago. So, please do not diminish their true worth. “He finished, just in time to have his brown orbs fall upon Adena, as she offered a greeting toward Dago before speaking to Cinnamon.

"Would you care to show Dago around our territory, Cinnamon?”
Crimson, watched wordlessly as Cinnamon seemed a bit distracted and even jumped as Adena spoke, though the words themselves had been spoken softly. However, she quickly seemed to regain herself afterwards and provide a complying response to Adena’s question. As he listened to Cinnamon ask Dago to follow her, Crimson cast his gaze from the two wolves to the treetops instead and watched as a moderate wind began to make the leaves on the branches dance wildly.

“I hope you are doing well, Adena."

(Eh, lame… XD)

Last edited by Almighty Overlord Rune on July 21st 2012, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
Evergreen Forest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100Evergreen Forest - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arisah July 20th 2012, 9:41 pm

(Hey Saps, could you possibly put in your post who you're addressing (even in parenthesis would be fine)? There's just a lot of groups of wolves at the moment, so I'm not sure which ones you're talking to. Thanks so much!)
Arisah
Arisah
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden July 20th 2012, 10:08 pm

The males eyes wtahced the wolves with interest and concern. No he wasn't a little baby wolf to scared to introduce himself, he just wasn't the type to go right up and make his mark. He pushed closer, his gaze watched one of the others wolves with non-interest (Adena). Eh you fool just wait a while longer he thought just see the wolves patterns and then make your appearnce. He new his voice in his head was right, he would wait until the perfect moment. For now the male padded back to the area he had called his "camp".

Cayden tore into the rabbit he had caught earlier in the day with a vengance. The male didn't care so much for rabbit, it just didn't taste right to him. Of course being far from home everything tasted off. He had always had his way of being the hunter of his family, even when he was little. Thinking back to the days when he was little he sighed happily. He perked his ears, chewing slowly on the rabbit.
Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 21st 2012, 7:03 am

In the coppice where the pack was beginning to reconnoitre a suitable den, a lone wolf lay comatose in a small patch of snow that had yet to melt. His fur coat was thick and could obviously be perceived that he was not from the area. Which he was not. After all, the Himalayas were quite the distance away from the male's current whereabouts. He had yet to awaken and discover his new change in residency. Indeed, the male would remain in this place. Simply because he was not fool enough to walk all the way back to his previous home. Such would inevitably bring him death and death was not something he sought. He'd rather live in some unknown place where he could slowly learn to satisfy his seemingly insatiable curiosity than lose his life striving to return to the place of his birth. Besides, out here he was far away from Madeline and right now, that was all that mattered.

Around him was a large and bountiful array of birds that sang all their songs. To those who didn't listen, they would sound the same but to the wolf who was still laying unconscious, they were all different. Each told their own story, much like all the animals in the world. He did not understand them, but he knew that they had interesting stories to tell if he could. Grass was sprouting out of the formerly barren earth and granting the wildwood a thick, rich green landscape that would stretch for miles.

A dark, golden-brown ear twitched as the younger male wolf slowly began to come to. So far, he had been out cold for at least five hours, though he had only been placed in the forest a few short minutes beforehand. There was a quiet, almost inaudible groan that came from the furry, golden-brown mass before he slowly opened his dark amber eyes. He hissed in frustration as the bright sunlight burned his retinas. Being out for so long had made it difficult for his pupils to retract and allow only the necessary amount of light into his eyes. It only took him a few added minutes of constant blinking before he was able to scan the thickly forested area around him.

His golden-brown head tilted to the left and then to the right in a somewhat comical fashion as he puzzled out this new experience. There was no denying that he was far, far, far away from home and that getting back would most likely prove to be a pointless waste of time. Instead, he may as well grin and bare it. Therefore, it was time for him to use his most powerful sense and get a feeling as to his current location. With his smell receptors as well rehearsed as they were, it was a breeze to pick up the scent of wolves nearby. Since he was downwind, they had not a chance of finding him unless he moved upwind or made enough noise to draw their attention.

The first option was the obvious choice to the male and with a groan, he heaved himself upright into a sitting position before he stood on his paws. The world around him spun in a viciously fast circle and made his head grow light. Ever since being knocked out, he had nothing to eat nor drink and that fact was finally starting to make itself known to him. He stifled a growl that built in his throat as a nauseous feeling grew in the pit of his stomach. It took him a much longer time to quell that feeling but once his vision stopped spinning, his stomach eased itself as well.

Easy Skye, you'll be fine.

With nothing else holding him back, the male began to walk in a timely fashion towards the scent he had picked up previously. For the most part, the wolves remained still though there were the occasional ones that moved off to investigate on their own. That was fine by him, he had never been a fan of huge crowds but that was to be expected from a wolf who's pack was few in number. As time went by, he found himself uncomfortable with the heat that was beating down upon him in the form of the sun's rays. Normally he was grateful for the thick coat he had been born with but now he cursed its very existence. It was much too heavy for a place with a steady climate like this and it would be worse when spring gave way to summer. Why oh why couldn't he be in a chillier location?

He paused alongside a tall cedar tree, making sure he was in the shade. Many wolves were gathered and spoke to each other. Once he reached ten, he stopped counting. All he needed to know was that there were many and they were much larger than him. Well, the males were at least. The females were just shorter than himself though some came rather close to his smaller size. He scanned the area carefully, seeking a wolf who appeared to hold authority over all the others and was slightly surprised that he couldn't seem to find him/her. Many wolves held a regal-like bearing; it was difficult to pick out just one who would hold more power over the others. A slower, more leisurely glance over the wolves was given out in case he missed a wolf who was more in control than everyone else. With that glance, he was able to pinpoint a male who bore a more leadership look. The fur coat of the male was a mottled mix of many colours that blended well together. His eyes were a soft brown that made the Himalayan wolf slightly concerned. However, rather than say anything just yet, the male stood there quietly and awaited for the time when someone else would acknowledge his presence.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2012, 10:50 am

(Oh yeah I'm really sorry I completely forgot about I'll do that from now on so do you want me to make another post or can I just say that I was talking ot Cinnamon if I was interupting something important I can ask someone else.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon July 21st 2012, 11:04 am

Cinnamon sniffed the air, trying to decide which way she would take Gliron. Westwards a slight salty tang caught her nose, the same one that had intrigued everyone before she fell asleep in the meadow. She didn't know if any of the others had found it's source and for once the scholar wasn't inclined to ask.
This discovery I She paused and glanced back at Gliron, feeling her paws shift WE will take upon ourselves.

Mind settled she trotted a few strides and looked over her shoulder, pointedly catching Gliron's eye once more before tilting her head in the direction she planned to take him.

(Better make it Adena, Saphera, Cinnamon is somewhat occupied at the moment and about to disappear off)
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago July 21st 2012, 7:15 pm

“A poor offering you say?”

Dago's eyes momentarily filled with an emotion similar to terror, fearing rebuke for the words the female at his side had warned him against. However, as the alpha continued, he was once again caught off guard, and the submissive posturing was forgotten as his fear turned to a stupefied wondering. Only at one other time in his life had he been so told that his life had such meaning - by his sister, when she told him to leave their maternal pack with her to found a new one. However, as her pack grew, her opinions, while unchanged, shifted as her other priorities took precedence.

A second female with eyes of ice approached and scrutinized him briefly. Different, her eyes seemed to conclude. Unwanted, fortunately, was not a thought seemed held by the gaze. At least, not in the long term. In quiet yet kind tones the female seemed to excuse their presence, and a smile to Cinnamon suggested no hard feelings, but other business with the alpha.

Crimson, as that wolf was called, was then absorbed in this business with the female, and tacitly gave the leave that the female spoke of to Dago, the freedom to explore this territory. With a final nod, Dago backed about a foot away from the alpha and the female, before turning to follow Cinnamon. Past experience and proper manner had taught him to never turn the back to a superior without proper deference.

Leave was what had been granted by the alpha, and nothing else at this time. Cinnamon added title herself, and had the wolf not been preoccupied with the immediate nudge from the female, he would have perhaps been concerned that the alpha thought that Dago assumed too much. However, Cinnamon momentarily made him forget himself, and deep down Dago truly appreciated that. Once he had excused himself silently from the superior male's presence Cinnamon was already a few strides away, nose skyward. With a tilt of her head she indicated that he should follow.

The realization of all that had just occurred would perhaps hit him shortly - pack acceptance, free run of a beautiful terra - but for now his focus was on the female, Cinnamon, and on following her wherever she would lead him. With the beginnings of a smile and a soft wag of his tail he lightly fell into step with her, for once not saying anything at all, and oddly, somehow, at ease despite it.
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 22nd 2012, 1:46 am

Evergreen Forest - Page 4 Falco-1

Waking from a deep slumber, the white male's eyes opened slowly. Light. Light was blinding him and caused them to close again. His silver tipped ears flattened and he closed his eyes tightly further. Lifting his head from the ground he stifled a yawn and attempted to open his eyes again, this time, the light wasn't as bad. He was able to squint and look around at what was around him.

Sitting up Falco stretched his neck and his back, with a groan. Getting to his paws Falco now stretched his forelegs and then his hind ones. This time with a yawn. His ears flicked again as he started to walk along, feeling the sun beat down on his snowy pelt, the brute looked around, sniffed the air and paused. He looked around to see a few wolves, and then saw Crimson, and aside him, Adena. Falco moved towards them at a walk.

"Crimson, Adena, Hello" he smiled as he approached his head dipped toward the two. "Is there anything you needed doing Crimson?" he sat,wagging his tail happily.

(lame, but i needed to post and catch up!)
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon July 22nd 2012, 3:26 pm

Cinnamon watched Gliron take several steps back before joining her. He had clearly learned some courtly etiquette and she was too soft to ask him to drop it. Besides, it might sit well with the stiffer members of the pack. As he padded towards her there was a dazed look in his eyes and she considerately allowed him to rest his head on her shoulder as they walked. But it was no surprise he was dazed, he'd clearly lived rough for a while and had suddenly been accepted into a strange pack with no more than a murmur.

She smiled and twisted to lick his nose, noting the wagging tail. An idea came to her, she gave him a light shove and gamboled ahead up the narrow forest path she'd lead him onto,
"Catch me if you can, Gliron"

As she ran, the scholar exulted for her friend, laughing her joy aloud to the sky

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 22nd 2012, 3:51 pm

Only moments after the three words were uttered from Gale, the khaki female found him to be gone. Vanished, did the mixed colored male, not a trace left behind. Startled and bewildered, the female gave a few short looks around her before depressingly lowering her head, her muzzle slowly moving in the pull of gravity. Then, she found herself getting up, and she began to slowly walk away from where he had disappeared. She didn't understand. He took so long to say something, and then he was gone without a trace, simply gone. She was already beginning to have second thoughts about the male, they were only just barely mates and he was just leaving her at random? It startled her. She'd never had any wolf just vanish into thin air in such a manner.

With nothing else to do, she began to wander aimlessly around the forests, as the trees tall branches swayed quietly in the light earthy breeze. She wasn't interested in finding Gale anymore. In fact, she found herself somewhat bitter in the fact that she only had a few moments, where he had tugged on her heart and then disappeared. He seemed to always be lagging, somewhere, some how, and now that she thought about it, how could she slow down? She enjoyed to be more energetic then Gale had ever been, even if they both liked each other. And, there was the possibility of pups. She'd heard that the time before Maiara had given a litter, another had, and her mate had left her in the care of three pups. She definitely did not want to be left in the same predicament. Her eyes almost wandered to her belly, where she nearly hoped that there was nothing brewing within.

That was when she saw Pinion again. Contentedly, she decided to continue her interrupted conversation with the male. So, she picked up her pace, and strode to his side. She wasn't exactly sure what to say though, so she substituted something smart and thoughtful for something that would do the job. "Hello again"
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
Evergreen Forest - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100Evergreen Forest - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran July 22nd 2012, 4:36 pm

Pinion’s head rose as Linnëa sat beside him once more, while her greeting was short and polite, the male found a slight bitterness just hidden behind her placid expression. He had just left her to speak with Gale in private only moments ago, whatever had occurred in the time he had been absent must’ve caused her reaction. Shaking his head, Pinion silently scolded himself. Linnea’s business was not his own, and he should know better. Sticking your nose into situations where it was not wanted had its consequences. Something as little as shared information could lead to biting words, or even bloodshed, as Pinion so clearly remembered. Nonetheless, the hunter was happy to have some company.

"Hello again"

Rising to a sitting position, the male gave a nod of recognition to the Alphess, “Hello, long time no see.” He replied, curling his tail around his paws for comfort. As he spoke, a breeze began to blow through the evergreens, stirring their nettles and sending dead leaves rolling upon the forest floor. It was as if the wind itself was sending the last few traces of winter on its way as it prepared for Spring.
Soran
Soran
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 22nd 2012, 4:51 pm

“Hello, long time no see.”

"Aah, yes, eons." The alphess replied in a sarcastic voice, giving a small smile. She was irritated, yes, but it was definitely not at the pack's new hunter. Her tail began to sweep the ground lightly, as she adapted a contented wag of the tail to her already calming demeanor. That was, until the monster in her stomach gave a hungering roar, or otherwise, her stomach growled obnoxiously loudly. She smiled, slightly embarrassed, but otherwise amused by the noise. Her weight shifted, and she stood, her eyes moving to Pinion. "Would you like to fish? I'm hungry, in case you didn't hear that."

Another sarcastic, and slightly amused grin as she waited for a reply, before she would set off in the direction towards the river.
(Lame. XD)
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran July 22nd 2012, 5:06 pm

A small smile tugged at Pinion’s muzzle as Linnëa’s began to move away towards the river. The hunter would have to be deaf, or nearly, to have missed the noise emanating from the Alphess’ empty stomach. Pinion’s was already satiated, having hunted only moments before he had discovered the Territory he was hunting in. But a quick fishing trip wouldn’t be too bad, but while Pinion was an avid hunter on land, he’d had little experience in the water.

"Of course, but do not expect me to catch anything", he replied, only half joking. A hint of a smile still on his face, Pinion ducked under the low hanging branches of the evergreen and began to follow Linnea through the trees, tail swaying against his back legs as he went.

Last edited by Count Soprano the Literal on July 22nd 2012, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soran
Soran
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 22nd 2012, 5:24 pm

"Of course, but do not exect me to catch anything"

"Alright, guess I shall fish for two then." The female replied lamely, picking up a light trot in the direction of the river. Her feet struck the ground as she picked up the pace to a brisk, yet comfortable speed. Her pace was leisurely, her strides relaxed and her movements were a quiet, unending even rhythm of paw steps. Slowly, her movement not speeding, she began to pop upwards into the air with each step, less of a jog and more of a horse like movement, but of course she was a wolf so it was not. It was good fun, though, nonetheless. She was quite expressive in her body language, and every way she showed the blooming energy within her muscles suggested not only a regal look to how she picked up each paw a bit higher than normal, but a lot of happiness that had been stored for the sake of being calm and collected rather than normal, energetic Linnea.

Soon, the river came into view. She began to shorten each step, almost trotting in place for a movements, before giving a lght hearted chuckle and simply walking to the river rather than displaying how good she felt at the moment. No sickness, no hypothermia, nothing hindered how she felt at the moment. Her paws hit the shallows of the river, and she was just about to go to Pinion when the bright flash of scales caught her eye. She quickly descended full on into the river, diving into a deeper area of it and causing a large splash to be given from where she had descended within the water. When she came up, a rather large fish was locked in her jaws. She began to move to Pinion, so show her prize, but soon as she came within a few measures of the males face the fish gave one last jerk of movement.

She felt her entire neck and head jolted, and though she tried to keep the fish from moving she failed. The entire beast from tail to the bottom of its head swung, and collided with Pinion's face in a rather comical fish slap.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cayden July 22nd 2012, 5:30 pm

The males ears twitched slightly picking up the sounds of a conversation not far from him. Cayden stood, shaking the bits of grass from his pelt. "Maybe these wolves are friendly and will accpet me this time" he murmured quietly to himself, shrugging. He stood proud, padding closer to hte wolves with his tail between his legs.

"Would you like to fish? I'm hungry, in case you didn't hear that."

Fishing?, the male had heard of it but hadn't seen any large body of water. May theres a small river nearby that their talking about. Of course being himself he just had to investigate. He trotted back to his camp quickly, clearing any traces that he was here. He then padded after the two slowly keeping close to the shadows.
Cayden
Cayden
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago July 22nd 2012, 6:44 pm

The momentary comfort offered him by Cinnamon helped him regain himself. Her change in demeanor to become more playful momentarily caught him off guard. Her laughter hung about him the moments after she disappeared from sight. Ears perked, he hesitated momentarily, trying to recall the rules of this game he played long ago.

He had a nephew once, when he still lived with his sister's pack. As a cub he was a sweetling, but had difficulty relating to his brother and sisters. He often spent the evenings with his uncle Dago, playing games and listening to the older wolf's stories. Dago shook the memory to focus on the present moment and the present game. With a snort he bounced after the scholar.

He was quick, but she had a bit of a head start on him already. There was a game trail here, and her scent lingered. Ahead a rustle or a laugh guided him forward, with only seconds-long pauses to get his bearings. He could feel himself catching up, but he was rusty at this game.
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune July 23rd 2012, 5:50 am

As a heads up I'll be locking this thread tomorrow afternoon (when I can get on). Conversations do not necessarily have to be finished or anything, but we will be doing something else later...and so yeah. :D
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon July 23rd 2012, 4:23 pm

Cinnamon dropped back to a trot when she realised that Dago had fallen beyond sight. Tail wagging she waited for him to catch up, then turned across the path at the last moment and gently pushed him even as she lept off her hind legs, effectively bringing them both to the ground. Allowing him to pin her down she smiled, eyes laughing and tongue lolling
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago July 24th 2012, 11:30 pm

Dago caught up to her suddenly, almost unexpectedly. Assuming he would have to hurry to catch her, meeting her suddenly caught him off guard. He was startled, and barely stopped himself before crashing in to her.

Just when he thought a crash and tumble was avoidable, Cinnamon lept and brought them both to the ground. Rolling with a grunt, Dago momentarily lost track of what was up and what was down, and with a final shake of his head to clear his dizziness, he found himself nose to nose with Cinnamon.

Initially startled by what occurred, a smile broke across his face - still crooked, but genuine and unguarded. "If I didn't know any better, my lady," he smirked, "I would fear that you were making this game easy for me."
Dago
Dago
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon July 25th 2012, 12:11 pm

Cinnamon looked up at Gliron's face and saw his surprise change to a genuine smile, one that opened his heart to her gaze, showed her the purest gold that she had known to be hidden inside him.

"If I didn't know any better, my lady...I would fear that you were making this game easy for me."

She laughed, reaching up with her head to playfully butt his chest "By that you assume that the game is still the same as when we lost sight of each other, Gliron. What's to say I haven't changed it?"
Laughing she used a pup trick and threw him off, before dropping down in a play bow and wagging her tail
"Your choice this time, Gliron..."
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Scholar
Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum: