Kaiana
Spirit
Rune
11 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Winter Den - Page 38 Empty Re: The Winter Den

Post by Kira July 18th 2011, 6:09 pm

"It would be my honour to have you as my mate." Altair replied. "And you are right. The past is the past. There is truly nothing that it can do to harm the future unless we allow it to."

Kira smiled happily, one of shear joy, and one that rarely set upon her features. She could feel the eyes of others upon them but she didn't pay attention. "I must say, I never thought you would ask me that" she laughed, her pastel eyes on his as she sat back down. She paused for a moment as she recalled Silver's actions. Her friend had seen through Altair, she knew what he intended to ask from the moment she saw his expression, while Kira had not. She cringed on the inside as she thought of Mahina. Sure Kira had gained her happiness, but where did that leave her friend?
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara July 18th 2011, 6:14 pm

Maiara's ears perked as a ribbon of conversation reached her ears. Looking up, she saw two forms, one ginger, and one dark with white socks, the latter of which especially she knew much too well. Mates? A small, knowing smile came across her lips and she felt suddenly indecent staring at the pair even though it was at a slight distance. Looking down to her feet, she felt happiness rise up inside her for her friend. After the terrible incident with Bayne she had always been waiting and hoping that a male would come along who truly deserved Kira. And as wolves paired up, one by one, she had been afraid that maybe the wolf for the kind Betess would never come. But now, with their faint words bonding them together, sure enough, it seemed that Kira had finally found her match.

She would have to congratulate the pair later, she hadn't spoken to Kira in so long anyhow and it would be great to catch up a bit, especially in regards to this new romance. But, leaving the couple for the time being to be alone, she got up instead, tracing the border of the clearing, looking for something to do.

Her mind full of exuberance with her recent discovery, she didn't realize that she was about to tread on Elysia until she nearly fell on the female in her small ditch. Her eyes flicking down suddenly, she gasped and stumbled back a few steps, laughing in shock.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there!" Maiara exclaimed, trying slowing her breathing to a more regular pace. She gave the female a grin to show that she hadn't meant to nearly crush her. "How are you? Well, aside from nearly being stepped on," she asked.
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 18th 2011, 6:30 pm

"I must say, I never thought you would ask me that" she laughed, her pastel eyes on his as she sat back down.

Altair chuckled. "Ah, but I have."

He thought for a moment as he watched Kira's icy eyes darken slightly. The brute was not sure why. Was she regretting something? Or was there more that he was not aware of? Maybe he should ask.

"Something bothering you?" He asked quietly. Slowly, he came forward until he was just a nose length away from her, his mate.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 18th 2011, 6:48 pm

"Something bothering you?"

"Im fine... I just hope Mahina will be ok" she said, looking up from her paws once more. "I should talk to her later" she said, letting one ear flop to the side lazily. She smiled, nodding to herself in reassurance to her last statement.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 18th 2011, 6:54 pm

Elysia lifted her head rapidly. Her previously dull eyes lit up at the sight of Maiara. Elysia looked up to Maiara, like a sister but different than Pallatsera. Maiara possessed grace and wisdom, she was an alpha, and she was beautiful. Elysia quickly scrambled to her paws, delighted to be having a conversation with Maiara. She would have liked to be friends, though Elysia doubted she would ever be able to see Maiara as an equal. But she enjoyed looking up to Maiara, having someone as a role model of sorts. Elysia grinned happily, though taking a seat to avoid seeming immature. She forced her tail to wrap around her paws.

She chuckled at Maiara's words. "And aside from my wonderful near death by snow last night." Elysia was remarkably candid about her near death experience the night before. In her mind, it was something to be learned from. She hadn't died, though she could have. She now knew sleeping in a snowstorm was a bad idea, but it was a good story to tell none the less. And she beleived it had strengthened her bond with Taru, even if that bond seemed to be wearing thin at the moment. Elysia tilted her head as she looked at Maiara.

Maiara reminded Elysia slightly of a grandmother. She seemed like the protective wise type. She wasnt overprotective or doting like a mother. She seemed to know everything without being told. She was open to turn to, someone to model yourself after. Yes, a grandmother fit Maiara's personality in Elysia's mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 18th 2011, 7:18 pm

"Im fine... I just hope Mahina will be ok" she said, looking up from her paws once more. "I should talk to her later" she said, letting one ear flop to the side lazily.

It was when Kira spoke those words that Altair instantly became aware of what she meant. Mahina cared for him and he failed to realize it. First Taru and now Mahina. It appeared that he was hurting faes everywhere he went at the moment. Except Kira it seemed. A feeling of warmth rushed through his body.

"I will have to talk to her too. I know about what happened with her former mate." His voice was full of guilt. He never meant to hurt anyone.

His pale amber gaze looked up again and into the icy blue eyes of Kira. He was still very glad about what happened, but the pain of hurting two of his closest friends caused a thorn to settle in his heart. Never again would he hurt another.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 18th 2011, 7:35 pm

"I will have to talk to her too. I know about what happened with her former mate."

Indeed...she said as she recalled her friend's previous heartache. Picking up on the pain his voice she flattened her ears, Things will work out. They always find a way of doing that. she said warmly, not taking her gaze off of his face. Her words were enriched with wisdom as she spoke, things would be ok with Mahina just as things had been ok with her. It just took time, lots of it.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 18th 2011, 7:44 pm

Falco felt Silver get to her paws, he jerked awake and watched as she walked outside. He yawned widely and stretched his long limbs out. He after a number of minutes got to his paws and stretched once more, before making his way out into the wintery day. He scented about the air and went looking for a few hares. He trudged along in the snow, the ice crunching beneath his toes. He soon found a den full of the critters, and foolishly stuck his nose down into the hole, receiving a nasty nip, he pulled back and barked as he looked into the den and started digging around the sides. The first hare shot out of the den, Falco waited knowing the family would come out soon. Then the few came out all together. The tinted white male, managed to catch one in his jaws with a second under his paw. He killed the one that lay in his teeth, and turned to the one under his paw and killed that as well. Picking up the two in his mouth, he carried them back to the den and dumped them in the entrance. After a couple of hours lay a fair few hares in a neat pile. Falco picked up three by their feet and carried them down to where he had scented Silver, Altair, and Kira.

He trotted briskly down the mountain side, careful not to slip on the snow, it wasn't long before he reached them. He put a hare in front of Silver, Altair and the other in front of Kira. He sat and smiled as he watched the two briefly before speaking lowly "I hope I'm not interrupting anything" he smiled as he wrapped his tail around his paws and waited for them to eat.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 18th 2011, 8:06 pm

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything" he smiled as he wrapped his tail around his paws and waited for them to eat.

Your fine. she smiled, allowing herself to slip into a laying position. She held the rabbit gently in her paws as she stripped away at the fur and began eating the meat. After several minutes, when she had her fill, she lifted her head and licked her muzzle clean. Thanks Falco she said, her tail beating the ground happily, sending small flurries of snow onto her pelt.
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 18th 2011, 8:12 pm

Taru moved away from the slowly fading tracks of the young stag had left only moments ago. A smile split apart her grey and black muzzle, knowing that the hunt, even though it failed, had helped clear her emotions. The adrenaline from the urge to kill and attack had completely driven out her feelings, allowing her to think without too much clouding. She realized her to-do list for the day was as follows:
1. Find and aplogize to Altair, hopefully salvaging their friendship in the best way possible.
2. Congratulate Kira and Alt on becoming a couple
3. Talk and(or) goof around with Elysia
4. Maybe talk to an alpha, if she could find one.

This small list was now scrolling through her mind. She tried to figure out an order in which to do such things. The female moved slowly through the snow covered forest. Her nose twitched as she scented for Altair and Kira. Breaking into a run, Taru made her way over to the small place they were. She stopped suddenly, seeing they were talking. Deciding to wait until the time was right to speak with them, the female waited with a warm smile. Even though she had been hurt, Taru had to admit, they made a cute couple.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit July 18th 2011, 10:11 pm

Spirit shook her previous thoughts away as she sat up in the snow, her stomach cold from the surface. Shivering slightly Spirit made her way over to the large, flat rock she had been on earlier. Its surface was still bathed in sunlight and it was a tad warmer than the surrounding environment. Wrapping her tail around her side Spirit rested her head on her paws, letting out a sigh of relief. The bitter cold and chilling air discouraged her to stay outside - wanting to retreat to the dens warmth - but thought of entering the crowded space made her wary. With a small nod she decided it would be best to remain on her rock.
Spirit
Spirit
Sentinel

http://selene-x.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 18th 2011, 10:34 pm

"Your fine" Kira spoke with a smile over her face. Falco's ears flicked as she laid down and consumed the rabbit. He smiled at her thanks and gave a brief nod as a 'your welcome' He stretched out his long paws before resuming his sitting position again, taking a glance at Silver and Altair as if asking whether they were going to eat or not.

(this post be lame -.-' )
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 18th 2011, 10:58 pm

Soske always was the last one awake in her last pack and it looks like in this pack she will also be last. Soske did not want to wake up but everyone else seemed to be awake. Soske opened her eyes to see the storm let up and it was actually very sunny. Drips of water were falling off tree branches so Soske though what a good way to wake up by running under them and trying to catch them. Soske stretched out her legs and walked forward towards the trees. Sticking out her tongue Soske looked up to find a drop to run after. Soske did this till she actually hit the trunk of the tree and a bunch of snow proceeded to fall on her. Soske laughed to herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 18th 2011, 11:03 pm

Indeed...she said as she recalled her friend's previous heartache. Picking up on the pain his voice she flattened her ears, Things will work out. They always find a way of doing that. she said warmly, not taking her gaze off of his face.

Altair had been about to reply when Falco appeared and dropped a hare at their paws. He smiled in gratitude before he took a few quick bites. This would help his hunger until he could get himself a larger meal. His ribs still were visible beneath his fur but if he ate a good meal soon, it would disappear.

A very familiar scent came to him on the light breeze and he stiffened instantly. His pale eyes swung until they met the very eyes that had sparked with a vicious anger only a while before. Taru stood not far away and she was watching him and Kira. There was a smile on her face but he was still wary. An injured fae could do anything.

Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara July 18th 2011, 11:12 pm

"And aside from my wonderful near death by snow last night."

Maiara's brow raised at hearing Elysia's words. She hadn't heard anything about the female nearly dieing. But then again, she'd just returned from a night in the woods, and hadn't exactly talked to anyone since either. But as she spoke of it more casually and in passing than in a way that could invoke concern in the alphess, she too regarded it more informally.
"Death by snow, that doesn't tend to be a very pleasant thing. What did you do to anger the snow so much that it found it important to kill you?" her grin widened, keeping what she was sure must have been a terrifying expirience in this same light, cheerful manner that made things much more enjoyable to talk about.

(It just isn't my day for posting well. XD)
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 18th 2011, 11:16 pm

Taru glanced towards Altair as he looked in her direction. She watched his muscle ripple beneath his pelt as he stiffened. The female couldn't help but tease, "Oh please, Latir, your not afraid of tiny Roo are you?" she laughed, prancing forward. Her gradual happiness began to fade, finding that the hard part was coming. The female tried to pull back her cheery smile but found that it would most likely only frighten Altair more. "Look, Altair," Taru began, glancing at Kira to ensure the other fae she would talk to her next, "I did some thinking and I decided it was best to stay friends with you, rather than hate you, even though thats something I could never do." The words that flittered from Taru's open jaws were the truth. No matter how much she wanted to, she could never really hate Altair. He had been one of her first friends.

She turned to Kira then, taking in another shallow breath. "Kira, I did you the utmost dishonor by not acknowledging your status before. You are one of the high ranking wolves within this pack, and the other night, you were just trying to help. I shouldn't have acted the way I did," her words were sincere, emotions revealing themselves. She looked up to Kira, it was obvious of her tone. Admiration filled her voice as she continued to talk, "You deserve someone as great as Altair and I sincerely wish you two the best. You make a cute couple." With that, the ebony female laughed heartedly, finally able to get the load off her chest. She then glanced towards both the wolves standing next to one another, a sheepish, naive grin on her face.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira July 18th 2011, 11:37 pm

She turned to Kira then, taking in another shallow breath. "Kira, I did you the utmost dishonor by not acknowledging your status before. You are one of the high ranking wolves within this pack, and the other night, you were just trying to help. I shouldn't have acted the way I did," her words were sincere, emotions revealing themselves. She looked up to Kira, it was obvious of her tone. Admiration filled her voice as she continued to talk, "You deserve someone as great as Altair and I sincerely wish you two the best. You make a cute couple." With that, the ebony female laughed heartedly, finally able to get the load off her chest. She then glanced towards both the wolves standing next to one another, a sheepish, naive grin on her face.

The female listened intently to each word Taru spoke, she fought the urge to smile as she caught onto the females words. "Thank you Taru. It means a lot" she said, the smile she had been holding back emerging. She lounged lazily upon the cold snow. This was great news! Taru was ok with it, perhaps Mahina would be as well? The thought was a happy one. Her tail sweeped across the snowy ground, stirring up more snow onto her paws with a giggle. Her gaze met Taru's and she smiled as she saw the ebony female's grin, perhaps this would be the start of a great friendship between the two of them?

[lame D:]
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 18th 2011, 11:48 pm

"Oh please, Latir, your not afraid of tiny Roo are you?" she laughed, prancing forward. Her gradual happiness began to fade, finding that the hard part was coming. The female tried to pull back her cheery smile but found that it would most likely only frighten Altair more. "Look, Altair," Taru began, glancing at Kira to ensure the other fae she would talk to her next, "I did some thinking and I decided it was best to stay friends with you, rather than hate you, even though thats something I could never do."

Altair did not answer though he knew that Taru's words were true. Kira accepted her apology which was good. Part of him wanted to reply right at the moment, tell her what was on his mind. The other part, the rational part told him to speak to her in private. He had to apologize too.

"Excuse me for a moment." He said as he stood. "Would you come with me Taru? I need to speak with you."

He quickly touched Kira's nose with his in a tender moment before he turned and walked a little ways away. If they spoke quietly, they would not be overheard. He would tell Kira of what happened later. For now, this was better where Silver and Falco could not over hear them.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 18th 2011, 11:56 pm

Taru felt a cold heat flow through her. He was upset with her, it was obvious. Why couldn't he just accept her apology like Kira had? She glanced at the other fae, hoping maybe she would offer an escape route. The female could already hear what he had to say. She had acted terrible yesterday, truly and utterly terrible. Head dropping lower to the ground, Taru nodded solemly to Altair, following after him.

Her head was heavy, like she couldn't lift it. The guilt of her words earlier just created a unimaginable weight for the tiny female. Paws dragging through the snow, Taru felt as though she were a pup about to be chastised by a parental.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 19th 2011, 12:00 am

Elysia's grin widened at Maiara's words. She was glad to see the alphess playing along with her joke. She suddenly wondered what kind of mother Maiara would ever be. Elysia could see Maiara being a really good mother, even if she was more of the grandmotherly type. Elysia would have liked to see a litter of puppies running around, just to liven things up. There had been quite a bit of drama lately with the snowstorm and new members and now Altair and Kira's pairing. However on that matter, Elysia was genuinely glad. Taru seemed to have recovered, which gave Elysia no reason to dislike Altair. And Kira and Altair looked pretty cute together, all the little nose touches and everything.

"Death by snow, that doesn't tend to be a very pleasant thing. What did you do to anger the snow so much that it found it important to kill you?"

Elysia pulled her attention back to Maiara. She shrugged teasingly at Maiara's words, speakiing with an amused innocence to her mockingly egotistical words. "It could have been anything really. Perhaps it was threatened by my breath-taking beauty? Or perhaps jealous of my witty comebacks and my stellar personality?" She heaved a heavy sigh, batting her eyelashes up at Maiara. "I just bring out the green monster of envy don't I?" She was of course entirely joking. Elysia had never viewed herself as particularily beautiful, which was why males never looked at her the way Altair looked at Kira.

Then again, Elysia wasnt the type to fall in love. Maybe a day would come, but it hadnt yet and Elysia was satisfied just the way she was. Catch a rabbit or two with Taru, do whatever Maiara said, nearly lose her life here and there. That was living life the way Elysia wanted and the way that satisfied her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear July 19th 2011, 12:13 am

Falco's eyes flicked between the three conversing, Kira, Altair and Taru. He didn't intrude on their conversation, noting its seriousness. Instead he simply zoned out as he simply stared off into the distance. Falco watched as Altair took Taru aside to speak to, Falco's attention swivelled to Silver who seemed to just sit on the rock, dazed as he had previously been. He got ever so quietly to his paws, stalking over to her, paws quiet on the snow. In a flash he leapt up onto the rock and tackled Silver down to the soft snow beside the rock. He growled playfully and barked, before falling into a pit of laughter. He pinned her gently and licked her nose, grey eyes staring down onto his mate's green ones.
Bear
Bear
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 19th 2011, 12:20 am

Altair sat down and nearly chuckled at the way Taru walked. She looked like she expected to be punished by him. Was he really that scary? He doubted it. Everyone knew him as Altair the gentle giant. Though, his words to her in the cave weren't that gentle. Anger and fear had got the better of him so he snapped. The anger he felt when she walked away bordered on hatred but that had long since passed. Maybe she sensed his emotions earlier and was afraid that she'd have to brave the brute force of it.

"I'm not going to hurt you Taru." He could not bring himself to speak the nickname he had given her. It seemed too soon. "I just want to apologize for earlier. I never should have led you on when I spoke to you in the blizzard. I should have made my intentions clear, then and there. I was not sure of your feelings then and so that arguement was my fault, not yours."
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver July 19th 2011, 12:32 am

Silver barked with surprise as she was knocked off of the rock and tumbled into the snow, the frigid ground making her jump. She was then, suddenly, located beneath a huge mass of fur and warmth as Falco towered above her, smiling triumphantly at her. Then, sudden warmth, he had licked her nose. Silver laughed then, before in one swift movement knocking him sideways with one of her paws and pinning him in the snow.

"Behold, the mighty Lead Hunter, downed my a Master Scholar!" She said, a fake proud smile plastered upon her face. She then looked down, and winced as a dead snowy rabbit slid from the rock and knocked her on the head. She shook her neck, ridding herself from the surprise pain in moments, still holding him down.

Her muzzle then dove down, grabbing his ear. An amused glimmer danced in her eyes.

"Shall I find someone who specializes in wolven taxidermy for the hunter?" She joked, her voice muffled by his ear.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Winter Den - Page 38 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Winter Den - Page 38 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota July 19th 2011, 12:34 am

Taru noted he was sitting. Did he intend to talk to her long enough that he needed to sit? This made her throat tight once again. Her ears were pressed back against her head, as if they could shut off his words before they reached them that way. Eyes analyzing every movement and emotion that played off of Altair's body, the female tried to predict his words. They were not even close to his true ones.

"I'm not going to hurt you Taru." He could not bring himself to speak the nickname he had given her. It seemed too soon. "I just want to apologize for earlier. I never should have led you on when I spoke to you in the blizzard. I should have made my intentions clear, then and there. I was not sure of your feelings then and so that arguement was my fault, not yours."

The ebony female tried to hold back the thought at his first few words, but it surfaced anyway. A little late for that, isn't it, Altair? The thought was just her pain speaking out within herself, but she pushed it away. "I know you wouldn't, Latir," she spoke with a warm smile, using his nickname that she loved so dearly. It was her name for him as a friend, so she would always use it. She found her throat dry when he brought back the blizzard conversation. How had things turned out to be so different than she believed they would be? The silence that came after her last words remained.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye July 19th 2011, 12:42 am

"I know you wouldn't, Latir," she spoke with a warm smile, using his nickname that she loved so dearly.

"Other than at the den but I did not mean to hurt you then. I am ashamed that I had." Altair could see the pain in her eyes even though her face was a mask. "I know that you may think you would have been my second choice, but you weren't. However, Kira is not my second choice either. She is my mate, but you will always be my closest friend."

He did not speak the words that appeared in his mind. Those thoughts barely even surfaced in his mind though he could feel them skimming underneath the surface.
Skye
Skye
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum