+2
Rune
Soran
6 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Hunting Grounds - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hunting Grounds

Post by Guest December 12th 2010, 10:35 pm

Bandit looked around, there was the pack, he watched wondering if this was all the pack before he saw a wolf sliding to a stop making himself known, Bandit laughed lightly under his breath, the wolf seeming anxious thinking he had missed the hunt, but it had barely started, so he stood there calmly and watched the other wolves discuss their plan, what ever it was going to be, he would obey, regardless of what he had to do.

Last edited by Bandit on December 12th 2010, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lols thought we were further in the hunt :s)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 12th 2010, 10:36 pm

Queen Cocked her head Walking over "I got a Plan, How about" she stoped counting the wolves here "10" she whispered "Mmh, We can Set off 3 Wolves on the left side, 3 wolves on the Right side and 3 wolves to ambush it" She said she sighed "Understand?" she tried to make it clear but wasn't really working "Or we could just chase it.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune December 12th 2010, 10:46 pm

"I agree with Zephyr with that and we cannot afford any disasters taking place today." Rune stated as he turned around so that he could face the other wolves that now stood near him. "We can't simply continue chasing it all as once force we would all be tired and then that would do no go...Maybe after we get them scattered enough...we could regroup sort of and then attack in waves? When one wave falls back the other attacks and then the previous wave can rest a bit." He explained though he realized that this was not a full proof idea and many flaws could easily be forged from within it. After explaining his idea Rune noticed Soran had finally made it and was now standing by Mahina. "Well now It's about time the Lead hunter made it." He called out playfully as he flashed his brother a friendly smile.

(Bandit, we haven't really started the hunt just yet...and in fact we are still planning it out. So we are basically just all together on some hill or something like that..)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Hunting Grounds - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Hunting Grounds - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran December 12th 2010, 11:06 pm

"Well now It's about time the Lead hunter made it." He called out playfully as he flashed his brother a friendly smile.

A sheepish smile slid across Soran's face at the Alpha Male's comment. He rose to his creamy paws and crossed to where his brother was sitting. "Now, you didn't think you were going to start without me?" He asked playfully, the tip of his tail twitched with anticipation as his gaze fell upon the rich valley. As the Lead Hunter, he knew his position in the pack hunt, and a plan was already forming in his mind. His eyes scanned the group, as he considered the options. Some of the members wouldn't be as comfortable at hunting as the others, but perhaps they could work as distractions...
Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 12th 2010, 11:12 pm

Thorn glanced over to see a male who she had never seen before. Tensing at the sight of the big male, she wondered who he was. Well he was obviously the lead hunter. He was staring at the elk intently, probably thinking of a plan. Hopefully she would be included in this plan. Thorn wanted to let him know that she would be better as a decoy, but she waited patiently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune December 12th 2010, 11:14 pm

"Now, you didn't think you were going to start without me?" Rune chuckled loudly as he heard Soran's reply. "Why do you think we are still planning the actual hunt out? It's simply so we could pass the time by until you arrived. So now that you are here what sort of plan does the mighty lead hunter have within that cranium of his?"
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Hunting Grounds - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Hunting Grounds - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver December 13th 2010, 3:37 am

Silver sat, giving up. Her plans just seemed to be dilated and washed away as fast as she thought of them.

These are elk, not enemy wolves Silver. Quit being an idiot! the evil voice in her mind snapped.

"How about a few wolves scatter the herd, and get the bull elk out of it. Then a few go after it, though not touching it. While they distract it, a few more, including the ones who scattered it, flank it and sneak up from behind. Though, they would have to avoid the antlers. " Silver said, hoping her idea was not brushed away like feathers again.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 13th 2010, 9:49 am

Mahina looked around the area the elk were in with soft eyes. "I'm just spitballing here, maybe we can lead the bull to that gully.." She paused, pointing towards a pathway with steep banks on either side, probably an old river bed. "Theres a lot of undergrowth there, a few wolves can jump out and attack the bull while the chasers keep it from turning around."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 13th 2010, 7:12 pm

Karma listened in silence to the ideas being thrown out. She was subdued enough to know which plans would be the safest and agreed that they could not risk a distaster. THe ravines seemed like an idea, but the threat of the bull bucking and impaling them. She sighed in dismay, was there no way to obtain a meal without getting injured?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune December 13th 2010, 7:54 pm

As Rune looked away from his brother, his eyes slowly drifted towards the darkening sky. Dusk was approaching and soon the land would sub come to the darkness of the night. “Okay, here is how this shall work. Zephyr I’m sure you have a brilliant idea inside that mind of yours. So I ask that you quickly brief everyone and then we can get this hunt started…” Rune announced as he looked towards Zephyr waiting for her plan.
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 13th 2010, 8:25 pm

“Okay, here is how this shall work. Zephyr I’m sure you have a brilliant idea inside that mind of yours. So I ask that you quickly brief everyone and then we can get this hunt started…”

Zephyr almost laughed when Rune said this. She may be wolf, but she was not the one to call the shots. Seeing wolves face her made her black ears fall back on her head. Opening her other eye painfully she looked to Rune. "I-..." Zephyr couldn't finish. She was clearly out of her comfort zone here. Her leader had placed her on the spot for a reason, she must comply to his request. She calculated the muscle and speed of each wolf by their size and shape. She then thought of the numbers and tactics.

"Since we are downwind and the elk are approximately North, the bull at its head, we'll split into three groups. Two groups of several wolves, one group of two."
She scanned over the wolves again, trying to make the groups as equal as possible. Zephyr tried recalling names as best as she could. "One group will head Northwest and the wolves in the group will be Rune, Karma, Alex, and Silver. The other group will head Northeast wolves in that group will be Maiara, Soran, Kira, Queen, and Mina. Each group will stay in the grass until their first wolf is abreast with the back of the herd. Then Rune's group will keep going in a wide semi-circle until they are just past the bull. This is where me and Thorn come in."
Zephyr gave a sideways glance to the female.
"We'll be heading in behind you guys, except we'll stop when we are just in between the bull and the herd. We will rush the herd, and good chance says the bull will go along with it. We'll go ahead and get them separated. The other two groups are then cleared to charge the bull. Me and Thorn will separate each other then, I'll follow the herd and make sure it's impossible for them to reunite while Thorn can get just beside the bull and drive it to turn away from the group."

Zephyr looked warily around. "Any room for improvement?" She asked softly, her voice lowering from the tone she used before.

Last edited by Lady Zephyr on December 13th 2010, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 13th 2010, 9:04 pm

Tenebrae shook, startled by the echo of a howl. It was vaguely farmilliar, as he was new to the pack, and went to follow its trail. He found several other pack members gathered around, looking fairly serious. He padded over, breathing heavily from his sprint to the area. He overheard the black female's (Zeph) suggestion, and supposed they were hunting. Oh yeah, the pack hunt he shook his head in scorn at himself. How could I forget that?

(laaaaate!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 13th 2010, 10:27 pm

Thorn looked with wide eyes at Zephyr. Did she just put me in that position? I hope I can pull this off. She seems nice enough. Hopefully we will be friends. Thorn tried to smile at Zeph, but it was more of a grimace. She listened intently, trying to remember exactly what to do. If she messed this up, the buck would be lost. Oh well. No time like the present. This thought shocked Thorn. She was never an optimist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 15th 2010, 7:03 pm

Derek look behind him, it had seemed like years to him even though it had just been a week. Even in that short amount of time he had changed so much, even his smell had changed, he no longer smelled of the pack but of a loner. Would the pack recognize him? He stepped tentatively over the boarder and padded silently to where he heard the most noise. He was thinner and his fur longer and matted, with all this his eyes were bright and clam. Much had passed that could never be undone all he wished is that he could live with his choices, and now had to face the pack he had left behind. Taking in a deep breath he padded to the hunting grounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 15th 2010, 7:08 pm

Karma rose with sharp surprise at the appearance of another wolf. Something about him seemed familliar, but the particular male didn't fit any of those she knew. She padded to the male as the pack discussed the plan. She had her part set in mind, and would surely get a rebrief the moment before they took off, along with the rest of the pack. "Do I know you, wolf?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 15th 2010, 7:09 pm

Queen turned to See Derek she ran over "Derek? Arre you okay?" she asked looking at him her eyes cared and her movements worried.. she whimpered.. thinking please be safe.. please.. She looked in her eyes her Dark blue eyes shimmered..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 15th 2010, 8:05 pm

Thorn flipped her head. She saw the male she had met so long ago. Has it really been that long? His name....Drake? Der....Derek! She watched in interest as the other wolves started to notice him, but made no move to go near him. He was probably overwhelmed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 15th 2010, 8:12 pm

Karma's golden eyes widened in shock. Could it really be Derek? He seemed so much smaller than before. With an almost inaudible whine, she lowered her head, he looks terrible, and I don't want him to be too overwhelmed... She half - heartedly murmered, "welcome back," before slowly trotting away from the male. The other wolves would surely engulf him in grateful whimpers and with wagging tails. No room for another wolf to suffocate him...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 15th 2010, 8:14 pm

Thorn watched Karma walk away from Derek. She probably has the same idea as me...give him some space. But Thorn's eyes kept going back to the male. She wondered what was going on in his head. She wished she knew him well enough to find out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 15th 2010, 8:19 pm

Queen backed yp.. She sighed "Sorry..." She said "I should give you some space.." she said walking back.. as she though 'i shouldn't overwemle him' she though sighing and walking a bit away.. before looking back..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 15th 2010, 8:20 pm

Derek's hair raised and he felt panicky as the wolves he had almost forgotten rushed him. He took a step back before he caught himself and stood fast. His eyes wide but clear, even if they were a bit far away he shock his head and walked past the wolves going to the only one he knew would accept him back into the pack. Standing Straight but respectful he looked for Rune.

Last edited by Derek on December 15th 2010, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 15th 2010, 8:23 pm

Queen Sighed and layed down sadly,, "I knew he wouldn't remember me" she sighed looked up to the sky all sad.. she shook her head "When are we gonna start the hunt?" she asked out loud//

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 15th 2010, 8:25 pm

With a huff, Karma lie down near those she was to be in a group with. Her thoughts were all sorts of jumbled up. A week of clarity, and now what? She watched the movements of the other wolves, scratching at her muzzle with her paws.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira December 15th 2010, 8:27 pm

Kira smiled and wagged her tail in welcome to her friend. It seemed as if she hadn't seen him in years. However, she made no attempt to move from where she was sitting next to Maiara and Rune. Her icy eyes still shone with anxiety, she was eager for the hunt.

[lame O.o]
Kira
Kira
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran December 15th 2010, 9:54 pm

Soran's expression remained placid as he took in the female's plan, and he could not lie to himself that it was a brilliant plan. His mouth opened to reply but before he could speak a tall brutish male stepped up next to him and Rune. He was almost unrecognizable, his scent, the state of his fur. Deciding it would be best to leave Derek to his business with his brother, the hunter brushed past wordlessly. He let a small smile flicker on his muzzle and brushed Derek's shoulder in greeting before moving towards the others. In a last minute decision he changed direction and padded towards the dark female, his tail flicking slightly before allowing himself to sit next to her. "I don't believe we met." He said calmly, but giving her an encouraging smile all the same, "That was an interesting hunting plan you had back there."

(I couldn't remember if Soran met Zeph or not XD)

Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum