+2
Rune
Soran
6 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Hunting Grounds - Page 4 Empty Re: The Hunting Grounds

Post by Guest December 15th 2010, 10:21 pm

Zephyr sat silently as the pack was unsettled by Derek's presence. She wasn't surprised to see him in his state, she had lived like that so long, it was only now when she began to look healthy. He seemed clearer, like a new light shone upon him, something she could only wish for. She was forever scarred though, new beginnings were for those who knew they could make it happen, she knew she would never be able to live down her burden, especially in this pack.
The black she-wolf was surprised to see another come her direction, not only that, but she was surprised which wolf it was. "Thank you, I'm Zephyr." She replied softly her usual shyness with the wolves overtaking her. She couldn't allow herself to get close to anyone, not now, not ever. Introductions must be made though, even if they are brief. Her mind concluded. "Sorry I took over your job. You are the lead hunter, yes?" She recalled his earlier confrontation with Rune, and remembered his rank and name. Zephyr's tail flicked around her paws, her eyes closing slowly, her right eye burning with the strain.

(I think we did meet, Soran, but oh well. XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soran December 15th 2010, 11:46 pm

"Sorry I took over your job. You are the lead hunter, yes?"

Soran chuckled softly, "It's true that it is my job to lead the hunt, however being the Lead Hunter doesn't mean I'm the only one that can come up with ideas." He replied matter-of-factly. “After all, there’s more then one way to take down prey. I usually find myself going for the crazier ideas.” He shook his head, why was he rambling on as though he had all the time in the world. The pack around him was restless with anticipation, eager to start the hunt. But something out of the corner of his eye made him glance around at the black she wolf. Her right eye; even through the strain he barely noticed the usually cloudiness that suggested blindness and he felt something tug at the pit of his stomach. With a great effort he pushed the memory of his younger brother farther into his mind, the last thing he needed was a distraction. Erasing the last of the thought from his mind the hunter turned his attention back to the current situation. The sun seemed to be quivering at the tree tops, as if unsure whether to sink or give the party one last choice of whether to hunt or rest for the night.

Soran
Soran
Scout

http://SoranofAvalor.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 16th 2010, 7:14 pm

Zephyr caught the male's eye, and a bitter convulsion pulled in her chest. She quickly looked away. She already knew what he had been looking at, and she saw the small intake of breath in his stomach. Her blind eye would always follow her.
It wasn't anger that drove her forward, it was a bitterness that was so dark inside her she felt the need to run away. Yet, Zephyr kept herself under control. She didn't say anything as she rose quickly and padded briskly away. Derek stood in front of Rune with a glance she couldn't decipher, so she made her business quick. She sat by the alpha with Soran's empty stare in her head, the image that she would never be able to shake away. "I think we're ready to start the hunt." She reported, her eye now carefully closed. If any more attention was paid to her in the fashion already shown, she would melt down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota December 18th 2010, 12:25 am

(Since Dakota was last going hutning for boar....)

A strangly calming silence had enveloped Dakota's world. Not the sound of the wind rustling her fur or her nails hitting the ground was audible as she padded along in a awkward strut. From the female's scarlet maw dangled two small piglets, young she had gladly taken after stumbling upon them while tracking their mother. However, the hefty meal she had acquired for her pups had seemed too easy. The boar mother had been nowhere to protect her young when she had snatched them up, maybe this is what caused such unease about the matter. Dakota was just passing the border into the pack's hunting grounds, a smile lighting up her face at the realization of her pack's hunt, when a squeal broke the cautious silence of her ears. In seconds, a massive blur bolted up from behind her. Just as Dakota opened her mouth, letting the dead piglets drop, the mother drove her head up, her pearly tusks impaling the unexpecting killer in the gut. Tearing her weapons out of the now dropping predator, the boar snorted once, ready to continue her rampage against the present threat, but the mother stopped her assault, realizing Dakota was already on the ground, gasping violently. She snorted, nudging the predator with her snout a few times, then drifted contently back into the brush. Dakota lay still, her body overlapping the lifeless piglets beneath her.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver December 18th 2010, 12:47 am

Silver stood, boredom taking over the she wolf's actions. Once she heard the hunt start, she'd come back. She turned, and trotted off, content to find some mint and doze under a tree in the moonlight.

The steady tap of her paws on the ground calmed her, made her feel less spastic. Finally, she noticed, it seemed she was coming down from the seemingly endless stream of energy.

Her ears flicked to the faint, yet prominent sound of a squeal. She instantly crouched, ducking into the brush. An encounter with a boar would really ruin her day. Her green eyes scanned the forest, closing off to all other sounds and listening in the direction of where the squeal came from. She heard, faintly, it running in the other direction, and as it quieted she heard some thing gasping desperately for air, the smell of blood reaching her nose. She then surged forward, figuring the boar was far enough away.

She stopped dead, her claws digging into the earth as she saw Dakota before her.

"Dakota!" she yelped, trotting forward.

She caught sight of the wounds then, her eyes widening at the severity. She examined them closer, deciding they would need immediate attention. Her head jolted up, searching around for some herbs, or some thing of use. She growled, seeing, nor smelling, nothing.

Her mind raced, and she dipped her head under Dakota's shoulder heaving her onto her back with a groan.

"I think I have some extra at the den, " she said to her, beginning to walk forward, trying not to jostle her too much. " I'll try my best to be quick and not to shake you too much. You're bleeding pretty bad. " she finished, this time talking slightly to her self.

I'd better hurry. she thought, trying to lope smoothly as possible.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Hunting Grounds - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Hunting Grounds - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 18th 2010, 10:44 am

Thorn heard a distant squeal and an anxious bark. What is going on?? Should I let the alphas know? She looked around realizing that Silver is gone. The white female was her friend. Maybe she's in trouble! But hearing no more sounds, Thorn decided she was probably helping another wolf, the magician that she was. [/b][/i]She can fix anything with some herbs...[/b][/i]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 18th 2010, 11:44 am

Mahina found herself shooting her ears back to catch sounds, one's that shouldn't be heard in a million years by her. She jumped from her sitting position, seeing flattened grass where Silver had run off to. Soon enough, she dashed through the bushes, coming to a stop a few yards from Silver and Dakota. "What do you need? I can get it for you."

(Sorry for the blan posts, I've been practicing some styles on another site, and their not transferring very well.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota December 18th 2010, 7:47 pm

Dakota groaned, pain flashing through her body with Silver's movements. The female was content though, knowing she would soon be ok once her friend had gathered the right herbs. Her serene attitude did not last long though, for her thoughts returned to her pups. Words began to pour out of her muzzle in a jumbled mess, only a few understandable,"Piglets.....pups.....long." She began to move as she heard Mina ask what she could do. Her awkward, pained movements caused her to slide somewhat, her blood smearing Silver's grey pelt. The mother's instincts were to keep her pups alive, at any cost, and they had been without food for over a day now. Dakota was desperate to go back and retrieve her kill, so that her pups could once again have full stomachs.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver December 18th 2010, 7:55 pm

"I'll grab some rabbits while I fetch the herbs. " Silver replied, "And perhaps bring them back to my den. " she said, as it came into view. She walked in, laying Dakota gently on the floor. Three pairs of multicolored blue eyes peered out from behind some mint leaves, in a crack that was hidden by a conveniently placed boulder.

"Come on out, " Silver said, and immediately Hoku pushed down the leaves with her front paws. They were growing fast, all ready the size of a fully grown cat. Soon, that crack in the den would only fit one.

"What happened?" Hoku asked, looking at Dakota's wounds. The only time the pup was calm was around injuries. Silver had a sudden flash back triggered by the pup, she shook her head.

"A boar got her. " she replied. She walked out of the den, trotting around the clearing and getting various herbs for Dakota. She had chosen her den for a reason. Once Mina returned, she would go fetch rabbits, and perhaps Dakota's pups if she said yes. She then walked back in, seeming to have grabbed a whole, small bush in her mouth.

"Take these, " she said, putting some next to her nose. "Pain killers. "
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Hunting Grounds - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Hunting Grounds - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota December 18th 2010, 8:02 pm

Dakota licked up the herbs lead by leaf off what seemed to be small bush, swallowing graciously. Her tail flicked as she realized what the small blurs around her were. A smile cracked her muzzle, the herbs already assuaging the pain from her wound. "They've grown a lot," she said softly, knowing that Silver's pups were a good month or two older than her own littler. This fact was only reassured by the size and strength that Dakota could already tell the small beings posessed. Her golden eyes closed again, "Would it be too much to ask if you could go retrieve the piglets I caught earlier, Silver? My pups don't need them both, so you may have the second one for your own littler," she asked, hinting how desperatly she wanted her pups to get the large meal of the baby swine.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune December 19th 2010, 12:03 am

As a warm breeze passed through the land it carried a scent that seemed somewhat familiar. However, Rune did not step forward and investigate it further for he saw no need for such actions.
So he silently remained beside Maiara as his tail swished freely behind him.

(Lame, but I cannot help it because all my creativity has left me...)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 19th 2010, 6:03 pm

Harlow stood in amazment of the land, she wagged her tail excitedly and sighed in contentment.
The female took in the scent of the air, she quickly sensed the warm blood of a small animal, the vixetta then slyly stalked towards the animal; she saw that it was a lone rabbit, she caustiously slinked forward and preceeded into a chase, the rabbit was startled and headed down into a burrow for he was far more intellectual then the fae.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara December 19th 2010, 11:11 pm

Maiara's brow furrowed as the scent of a pack member was carried to her on the breath of the fresh spring air.
"It could be anyone..." she thought to herself, returning her mind to the present situation.

"I think we're ready to start the hunt."

Nodding she looked to Rune with a grin on her muzzle,
"What do you say?" she asked expectantly, eager to begin, but carefully reminding herself to remain levelheaded all the same.

(ugh lame post, its late but I wanted to get things going)
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune December 19th 2010, 11:54 pm

With no figure to match the familiar scent Rune had smelled he turned his attention towards other matters. "Well, we have a good plan and members who seem somewhat excited for the hunt. So I say that we get this thing started." He replied as he pushed Maiara playfully before standing up.

(once again my post is lame)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2010, 6:21 pm

Thorn turned shyly towards the alphas as she awaited their call. Let's do this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2010, 8:55 pm

Derek backed off Willing to wait for the group to be done with their hunt. they were happy without him at the moment, why ruin it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2010, 9:25 pm

Thorn watched Derek back off a bit. She was confused. He was as much a part of the pack as her. Probably more than her at the moment. The dark grey female slid over towards the male. "I'm not sure if you remember me. We met briefly. I'm Thorn, a scout," she stated. "You should join in with us. We could use some more paws. Anyone would help us. And we need a lot seeing as Maiara is planning on taking down a bull elk." Thorn tried to smile a bit, but felt kind of uneasy next to the male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2010, 10:03 pm

Alex yawned he laid down on a small rock covered in snow, he watched the others as they sorted things out, his ears twitched as a small gust of wind swished into his ears. He barked to himself and shook his head, then the black and white male laid his head on his paws.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota December 20th 2010, 11:05 pm

Dakota rose to her paws shakily, knowing that the hunt was about to begin. She snapped up the other herbs quickly, then trotted outside with her awkward limp. The female would not stay behind. Her situation brought back painful memories of her friend Kyra, from her native pack. She had been injured during a hunt and when she was unable to contribute to a group hunt, the leader had killed her mercilessly. Dakota would not fall the same fate. She limped to where Maiara and Rune stood, sitting a few paces over. The female shifted her body, hiding the blood that stained her coat still.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 21st 2010, 1:29 pm

Mahina took a beeline for the hunting group, after she saw Dakota limping towards the group. She came to a stop beside the other femme. "Good lord Dakota." She dropped the cobwebs on the ground, pushing them towards Dakota. "At least put these on the large wounds, it'll prevent bleeding if your gonna be running."

((I'm never gonna stay up till 3AM ever again, natta, it's just to much))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 21st 2010, 1:51 pm

Zephyr's head was still held slightly low, although the reason was only known to her and Soran. The black female nodded as Maiara and Rune made the final decisions and called for a hunt. Although, when they did she heard a shift in weight in the grasses, and Thorn's consoling and timid voice.

"I'm not sure if you remember me. We met briefly. I'm Thorn, a scout,"
"You should join in with us. We could use some more paws. Anyone would help us. And we need a lot seeing as Maiara is planning on taking down a bull elk."

Zephyr opened her one yellow eye and took a long stare at Derek. She remembered him, though it had been weeks since they saw each other. "Derek," She breathed. "If you want to join the hunt, allow Thorn to tell you the plan, you can veer off with her." With this, she rose quietly from his side and padded away, her emotions hanging as a cloud over her head.
The black female walked slowly until she was in her position, she lay on the ground about twenty meters away waiting for the pack. When the time was right, Thorn would join her, and maybe Derek if he changed his mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota December 21st 2010, 3:35 pm

Dakota nodded with a warm smile to Mahina, gingerly pulling them to her wound with one of her paws. She pressed them there without a word, silently thankful for Mahina's delivery. The female yawned suddenly, probably due to the anxiety she had from the upcoming hunt.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 21st 2010, 4:09 pm

Thorn froze a bit when she heard Zephyr's words, "Derek, if you want to join the hunt, allow Thorn to tell you the plan, you can veer off with her." She panicked wondering if she remembered the whole plan. Then, as she looked into the brown male's eyes, she gained confidence, "Yeah, I could fill you in. If you want me to, of course." Her confidence fading, the dark grey fae looked towards the ground again, twitching for a second.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara December 21st 2010, 4:42 pm

At first sight of Dakota's battered self walking over to the group to join the hunt, Maiara frowned. The she-wolf was obviously not in the best shape for strenuous and potentially dangerous activity. But quick as it had come, her frown changed to a smile; she had to admire Dakota's strength and determination. Knowing from experience that there was no changing Dakota's mind once it had been made, she walked over to the huntress and informed her of the plan,
"The pack is going to be splitting into three groups. Rune, Karma, Alex, and Silver are going Northwest and will remain hidden in the grass until they are near the back of the herd, from there they will continue, keeping a wide berth between the group and the herd, until they are just past the bull. The second group is heading in the opposite direction, and they'll do the same but remain at the back of the herd, laying in wait for the bull to be separated. That group consists of Soran, myself, Queen, Kira,and Mahina. And while we do that, the remaining group will separate the bull from the others. I'll admit that I'm not the best hunter, I'd prefer to have another expert in my group if you'll join us." she finished, hoping that she hadn't left out any important information this time.
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota December 21st 2010, 5:07 pm

Dakota was taken back by Maiara's compliment, quite flattered to hear her say something about her skills as a huntress. She nodded, a warm smile parting her muzzle. "I would love to help your group," she replied, shifting to sit in a rather proud position, glad to hear Maiara had not said anything about her wound.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum