+2
Rune
Soran
6 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Hunting Grounds - Page 5 Empty Re: The Hunting Grounds

Post by Silver December 21st 2010, 6:16 pm

Silver laid down for a moment, letting her self rest for a few minutes. Carrying Dakota on her had drained her energy more that she had thought. She figured with the hunt, she could get the piglets after they were finished. Her pups took the golden opprotunity of being able to run and not being crammed in a hole, and began to romp and play. Son, however, she finally departed, leaving them once again in their hiding spot, behind some strongly scented mint. She made her way to the hunting grounds, trotting briskly. Slight areas of blood from Dakota were still on her pelt, but she figured that with a hunt it was going to get much worse. She entered the hunting grounds with a yawn.

A small smile came across her face as she thought of a phrase her mother used to say, though the memories of her parents were dull she still remembered some training her and Amethyst had gotten as pups.

"What's the first rule of hunting?" Silver said, her tone showed it was not asking for an answer.

"Don't die. " she said, grinning.
(That's the first rule of summer horse camp, too.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Hunting Grounds - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Hunting Grounds - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 21st 2010, 9:58 pm

Derek looked to the two females, "I will try, but i doubt i will be much help in my weakened state." He replied his voice scratchy and tired. He looked at Thorn he did remember her, vaguely, but that was better than nothing, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 21st 2010, 11:53 pm

Thorn believed that Derek may still, somewhere back in his deep mind, remember her. She replied to him with a hint of sadness on her face, "I bet you are still stronger than me even if you are weak. Just don't push yourself too hard. I'll watch over you." she stopped herself for a moment, then stuttered a bit, "I-I..I mean since you will be with me and all." Thorn looked down again, wondering. I was so outgoing a minute ago. What is going on with me? She completely forgot about telling him the plan. "Oh I guess I should tell you about the plan now, huh?" she said blushing a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2010, 10:20 am

Queen's Eyes moved around the plain she groaned hungry, She walked away past Derek and Thorn, a she layed down and sighed whispering "i haven't slept for Days.." she looked at Derek and sighed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2010, 12:47 pm

Derek smiled a bit at the females awkwardness, it was refreshing to see. " that would be helpful" He said then lowering his voice He said to her ears alone "Thank You" then looked at her expectantly for the plan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2010, 1:19 pm

Alex's ears perked hearing his name, mixed in with orders he sighed lazily he really didn't feel like it. He yawned and leaped off the rock he was planted on, shaking his fur of the snow, he trotted over to the other the snow crunching beneath his paws, he reached his group and sat down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maiara December 22nd 2010, 1:52 pm

"I would love to help your group," she replied,
Maiara nodded,
"Excellent," she replied with a smile. "Well if everything is planned and set, then lets begin," she said, motioning to the rest of her group with a flick of her tail, making her way through the long grass with her body bent low over the ground, the fur on her stomach brushing the dirt. For a moment she paused, waiting for the rest of her group to follow.

(shortish)
Maiara
Maiara
Scout

http://nayrugoddessofwisdom.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2010, 1:55 pm

((It's currently spring, not winter Alex =) ))

Mahina quickly gathered her thoughts as she saw Maiara starting off. With careful paw steps, she let herself crawl behind the alphess, coming to a small stop slightly beside her. Her ears flung down so she could better catch the sound of the elk below, which were just as content as before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2010, 4:00 pm

Karma waited silently. Surely the hunt would begin soon - but her attention couldn't be more distracted from the hunt than it was. She was silently watching the rest of the pack members and their idle chatting. Silver had brought Dakota in, who looked injured, but that wasn't her specialty, thus she let the wolfesses be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver December 22nd 2010, 4:02 pm

Silver stretched, yawning widely. Once she was finished her eyes seemed to lighten, filling with much needed adrenaline and excitement. Her tail flicked with anxiety. She stood back up, walking to Rune with out a word.
Silver
Silver
Scout

Character sheet
Life Points :
The Hunting Grounds - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Hunting Grounds - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2010, 4:06 pm

Thorn thought over the plan for a moment in head then started to state confidently, "One group will head northwest. The other group will head Northeast. Each group will stay in the brush until their first wolf is almost at the back of the herd. Then the western group will keep going in a wide semi-circle until they are just past the bull. Then me and Zephyr will start heading in behind the groups. We will stop just between the bull and the herd. We all will rush the herd and go up ahead and get the pack separate from the bull. Zephyr will then follow the herd and I will go just beside the bull and drive it away from the group." Thorn took a deep breath. She then stated, "And I assume, according to Zeph, that you are with me. If that is okay with you, of course." Once again the dark fae's emerald eyes strayed to the ground below her paws.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2010, 7:11 pm

Derek nodded, "A fine plan, i believe it may work. Lead on then, friend Thorn." He said rising to his paws and shaking out what dirt he could from his pelt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2010, 7:57 pm

Thorn gave a small smile, "I'm not much of a leader....But I will try my best." She was very afraid to mess up. She was also afraid a bit for her life. She was the closest to the bull. One wrong move could be fatal. And a loss of a bull in food terms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2010, 8:10 pm

"I am sure that someday you will surprise us all with how much of a leader you can be" He said wondering why he was being so friendly with her when he had just be wronged deeply. He waited for her to walk on as he thought dark thoughts of the past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2010, 8:17 pm

Thorn was taken aback a bit by Derek's comment. Am I actually having a civilized conversation with a practical stranger and not shaking? It's a miracle. She looked back at Derek when she started walking forward, seeing a rather empty expression on his face. She knew all too well that he was probably thinking of the past. Thorn felt the same way often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota December 22nd 2010, 8:27 pm

Dakota was busy thumping her tail on the ground when she noticed her group was setting off. She pulled herself up with great effort, wincing slightly. Her back left leg was cradled to her stomach, but she moved quickly. Hoping slightly, the female took to the flank of the group.
Dakota
Dakota
Sentinel

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/318/0/1/autumn_wolf_by_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 23rd 2010, 3:10 pm

The black she-wolf watched silently as the grass swayed around the herd. She studied the bull, his long horns barely visible behind the cows. These wolves were just about to kill the leader of a pack, murder for their own good. Zephyr looked at the herd longingly. They were so happy, so content with nothing. The herd could have all the food in the world, they would never starve with the infinite amount of grass, they could breed in peace and play all they want.
The lead scout didn't notice Thorn and Derek walking over to their position until they were almost upon her. Zephyr blinked clearing, and her ears laid back. Seeing the wolves she caught Soran's gaze in their eyes, and her head turned, pretending to study the herd again.
"Once we split the bull, we'll turn to the herd." She said, barely audible. "I'll give you the signal once we are just about to be separated."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 23rd 2010, 3:18 pm

Karma rose as Thorn and Derek assumed their positions. She went to her own, nodding at the others without looking at them. She felt strange, so distant from the rest of the pack. Knawing on her cheek, she glanced at the other wolves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 23rd 2010, 3:34 pm

Thorn tried to get focused. She approached Zephyr, asking "You'll have to tell me when to go. We wait until the other groups flank the herd and then I dash towards the bull, right?" She eyed the big antlered bull.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 23rd 2010, 4:44 pm

Derek crouched down, happy to have something else to think about. He was also happy to think about having food in so long. The though of food in his stomach was so tempting he had to forcefully stop himself from attaching now. Giving himself many mental talks he sat still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 23rd 2010, 7:23 pm

Karma shifted on her feet, eager to get started. Zephyr's plan ran through her mind a number of times. She had to get it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune December 23rd 2010, 7:35 pm

Rune watched as Maiara and a few of the others split off into there assigned groups. With a faint smile, he quickly disappeared and followed Karma until he reached his designated position. “Let’s hope this hunt is in our favor.” He mumbled softly to himself as if the words had not been spoken at all.

(This, was rather short...however, I am a bit confused and am short on time. ^-^)
Rune
Rune
Alpha

Character sheet
Life Points :

http://www.banishing-winds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 26th 2010, 11:34 pm

A spark of annoyance lighted in her mind. Isn't that what she had just said? Zephyr nodded calmly, giving no sign to her inner emotion. She flicked her ears forward and focused her good optic on the herd.
"Let's go." She said, ready to start forward, checking everyone in position, she stole ahead into the shifting grasses.

(Short, but it's about time to start)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 26th 2010, 11:38 pm

Thorn darted out, low to the ground, following Zephyr. The black fae ducked into the tall grasses, praying that she would do a good job of the hunt. Thorn turned her head to see if Derek was behind her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 27th 2010, 12:04 pm

Queen mummbled to herself "Where do i go?" she sighed getting up and Feeling a pain in her leg she yelped as it hurt alot she got up anyway and walked to Rune "Which way do i go?" i asked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum